Relegation watch

Spanish

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

OK.  I'm gonna hold my hands up here...

I never thought it would come to this.  I pointed and laughed at the doomsayers all those weeks ago, albeit mainly in private, not on here so much.

I'd like to genuflect in their general direction this morning.  It is they that should be standing proud, with their heads held high.  I for one feel embarrassed.  Filled with shame that I offer no lasting insight into the game, the football club, and indeed this forum.

I am not worthy, and bow unto thee... the foreseers of doom... the "I was right" brigade... the "I told you so" mob.
For thee, today is a good day.  Enjoy.

?

Agree I always thought we would be ok, now can't see us staying up.

Wednesday will have fight and desire next week, I don't see that in our lot.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Genuine question 

what can u remember of our last stint in the 3rd tier ? It was just too early for me, my first season was our first season back in the 2nd tier under cox so I don’t remember any of the turmoil that went with it 

how long were we down there for ? 

There for two seasons and scraped a win with a penalty against Rotherham to go up

Awful away grounds back then

At  best half full attendances at home for the most part

We didn’t dominate the division, in fact in the first season in div 3 we were mediocre. Most Relegated teams have a downward momentum and it takes a lot of effort to turn it around.

Not pleasant but we came through It

Team had more spirit and fight than today’s shambles, felt a lot more affinity with the club back then and felt it was a matter of time before we returned. More I’m not so sure we ever will

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

There for two seasons and scraped a win with a penalty against Rotherham to go up

We didn’t dominate the division, in fact in the first season in div 3 we were mediocre. Most Relegated teams have a downward momentum and it takes a lot of effort to turn it around.

Team had more spirit and fight than today’s shambles, felt a lot more affinity with the club back then and felt it was a matter of time before we returned. More I’m not so sure we ever will

Crikey can’t wait lol ?

totalky agree re a downward trend that’s hard to break... we need to come out of it quickly but with the need for virtually a whole new squad and little money to do it with as u say ... it may take time 

29 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Unless it’s a digital led 24 hour display then it’s only once a day

If a digital clock was broken you wouldn't see any display because they can't stick.

I was going to start that off by saying 'I don't mean to be pedantic' but then I realised, I absolutely was meaning to be a pedantic knob.

Mission accomplished. 

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

Wednesday will have fight and desire next week, I don't see that in our lot.

I don't know where all this 'Wednesday have the fight' is coming from?

They most definitely don't. I know Wednesday fans and they've been saying the exact same things we've been saying about Derby. I've watched them a few times this season, dreadful football team.Don't get me wrong, we're no better.

So we've got two crap sides who don't have any fight or bottle, playing for survival. I can see any result.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

If a digital clock was broken you wouldn't see any display because they can't stick.

I was going to start that off by saying 'I don't mean to be pedantic' but then I realised, I absolutely was meaning to be a pedantic knob.

Mission accomplished. 

I appreciate good pedantry

What if the click is stuck in set up mode at 24:O0 (some clocks are like this) and the button to set the timer is broken?

I’m at a loss. Even when we score first the wheels come off. Our only hope is that it’s 0-0 in the final minutes and with them pushing forward we catch them on the break and poohouse a 1-0. 

As soon as Lawrence scored yesterday I thought great but it’s too early. That said for us to concede twice in 5 minutes is ridiculous. If we’d have hung on for a point things would be looking much rosier.

5 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think we will stay up Wednesday are poo and I reckon we can grind out a win. 

If we do go down it will have been fully deserved though

Hopefully a draw could be enough. If that's the case though, we shouldn't play for a draw. We should go out there with intent. 

13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I appreciate good pedantry

What if the click is stuck in set up mode at 24:O0 (some clocks are like this) and the button to set the timer is broken?

Is there ever good pedantry? Coming from one of the worst pedants imaginable (allegedly)

19 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't know where all this 'Wednesday have the fight' is coming from?

They most definitely don't. I know Wednesday fans and they've been saying the exact same things we've been saying about Derby. I've watched them a few times this season, dreadful football team.Don't get me wrong, we're no better.

So we've got two crap sides who don't have any fight or bottle, playing for survival. I can see any result.

their current form is vastly superior to ours

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Used to get ambushed every time you went away (it was back in those days) so the five or six local thugs could say they 'ran Derby County'. Away at Darlington, game postponed so was last game, was one - ground was so crap that the fans changed ends at half time. Newport away was another, Hartlepool in the cup we were all in the same end with just a metal mesh between us - every five minutes or so a Hartlepool fan would jump over the wall, run down the touchline and then just jump into our fans for a punch up. Home games were generally dire as the away teams bought nobody (Newport famously had 37 fans).

In conclusion, it was fun to experience but it was a different time. I do agree with the point that we will likely not bounce back up - we're too broken to put this down to a bit of bad luck and start again. Portsmouth, Sunderland and Bolton have all shown it doesn't matter who you were, it's who you are that counts and at the moment we are nothing.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is there ever good pedantry? Coming from one of the worst pedants imaginable (allegedly)

It’s an art form of the highest order. A skill that you are born with and cannot be nurtured.

The most proficient pendants have devoted a lifetime to their calling

I can only dream of being in that exclusive club

I wish you many years of pedantry, use it wisely and it will serve you well

26 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

It’s an art form of the highest order. A skill that you are born with and cannot be nurtured.

The most proficient pendants have devoted a lifetime to their calling

I can only dream of being in that exclusive club

I wish you many years of pedantry, use it wisely and it will serve you well

Sadly the use of pedantry in its purest form has been in decline since the mid seventies, when sarcasm became popular.

With the uptake of social media platforms, pedantry is now starting to return to favour among  all demographics

Looking at the reverse fixture, we looked ok against them, but couldn’t score and conceded a sucker punch.

I cannot see anything different happening this time, especially as our form is markedly worse right now.

Burton next year... ?