Relegation watch

Spanish

So .... when I said moons ago we were In trouble (Check back in this thread) and got laughed at by the Derby county entitlement brigade .. yer u know who u are...

were ducked ..... proper ducked 

And no I’m not happy about it ... far from it

iv lived in notts for circa 30 years so everyone I know, work with or are mates with Will be revelling in our plight 

So many on here have been  like our government over COVID ... it won’t happen to us we’re the uk ... we’re Derby county it won’t happen to us 

Well ... here we are 

im truly fearful of our future as it stands ... like really really fearful 

Im a bit pissed , a bit angry and above all a bit upset about the club I worship, live and breath 

I just wish my old man was still about to somehow see the positive in this ... somehow as he always invariably did 

as if I needed another radon to feel disengaged from Dcfc 

Edited by NottsRam77

53 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I disagree and I think you are being way too modest here. Dispassionate and methodical analysis trumps even 'considered opinion' every time (well mostly!), especially over a period of time. Very telling that your figures are broadly speaking on a par with industry professionals too whereas mine really are not! Thank you in any case. A welcome diversion on a grim afternoon.

Oh my goodness! I might have to put your comments in a frame!

3 hours ago, Highgate said:

There is still hope.  There is every chance an exhausted Rotherham will fail to win on Tuesday, leaving us needing just a point against Sheff Wed.  We saw how poor Sheff Wed were today.... it's definitely possible, even playing as poorly as we are.

Either way Rooney has to be sacked as soon as the season ends. 

Both teams still managed to get a point which is more than what we managed. 

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I expected that result if I'm honest. At least Wednesday didn't win. All we have to is get a point and they're down. Three points and we're basically safe

Little chance.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did you watch? They were both ordinary - but both had more depth in their squad than we had on the pitch. 

They’ll both be the happier of the three teams tonight. Hopefully it’ll reverse next weekend. We need big performances and a lot of luck. 

Mel’s tenure on par with Sam Longson’s,turning riches ultimately to rags. Right now liquidation wouldn’t bother me. I’ve supported since the 60s and for me the current set up is the pits. Get the whole shebang gone.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We could be playing a National League side and I'd back us to lose. We are so pathetically fragile that any semi pro team with the desire to put some effort in would turn us over in our current state. 

Good thing it's Sheffield Wednesday we're playing, then

35 minutes ago, JAT said:

Both teams still managed to get a point which is more than what we managed. 

They did but they were both playing at home and neither were playing a top 6 team.

Having said that, by 3pm next Saturday I think we'll all be on 43 points and it will be us and Wednesday in league 1 next year.

1 minute ago, JfR said:

Anyone else think it's mad that we could only pick up 1 point from the last 21 available and it could still be enough to keep us up?

Maybe I agree a little bit!

But I think that this has been in the ballpark of points needed for a few years.

1 hour ago, JAT said:

They’ll both be the happier of the three teams tonight. Hopefully it’ll reverse next weekend. We need big performances and a lot of luck. 

I'm not sure they'll be feeling that happy.

Although Wednesday would be mad not to think they have a good chance of beating us, I would imagine they both thought today was a game they really needed to win and probably their best chance of their remaining games.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

So .... when I said moons ago we were In trouble (Check back in this thread) and got laughed at by the Derby county entitlement brigade .. yer u know who u are...

Really not sure why a) you were so offended by people finding your posts melodramatic, b) why you feel the need to post this I told you so stuff, or c) why you feel vindicated now. You started the whole 'we're ducked' campaign less than a handful of games into the season and I and others have explained to you that the reason folk laughed was not so much the context of your posts but their melodramatic nature. Clearly you'd rather believe there was and is some sort of cabal on here whom this time you've dubbed the 'entitled brigade' though what that actually means I have no idea.

Let me ask you a genuine question; would you still respond to the folk who wee saying it was crazy to write off the team until the likes of Waghorn, Lawrence, Ibe and critically Bielik were fit and playing, by telling them to 'pull their heads our of their arses', or labelling them 'clueless' and 'deluded' or did you know Ibe wouldn't play, that Waghorn's form would completely disintegrate, that Lawrence would only manage a dozen or so games and that Bielik would snap his leg? 

All this aside, I'm genuinely sorry that you are so down in the dumps. The reference to your dad struck a chord so I would also like to apologise if, as I now sense, I've been unkind as opposed to just dismissive. 

1 minute ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Really not sure why a) you were so offended by people finding your posts melodramatic, b) why you feel the need to post this I told you so stuff, or c) why you feel vindicated now. You started the whole 'we're ducked' campaign less than a handful of games into the season and I and others have explained to you that the reason folk laughed was not so much the context of your posts but their melodramatic nature.

I do always enjoy when posters who only post negativity then claim victory when something negative happens, as if they knew it was going to happen rather than just a case of throwing enough poo that eventually some of it sticks. Even @Millenniumram is right occasionally by virtue of this ?.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Just a reminder that the following are prohibited on here: 

Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Was this warning meant for this thread? I cannot see anything remotely insulting, or suggesting that it was about to become so.

So, then, I start wondering if it was me who was somehow appearing to be insulting!

Not that I know anything about moderating a forum!

Edited by Ken Tram