Relegation watch

Spanish

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s no secret that I was v cynical of people opening the “play off thread” after one shithousing win against who I forget and was beating the we need to be looking over our shoulder drum and did for a good while 

Do you think that made the difference then?! The fact that some fans preferred to consider the potential that was still possible. 

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, not sure where this baalocks about negative posters wanting to be proved right comes from. We’ve just been being realistic, it’s as simple as that. Absolutely no Derby fan wants to see this club go down. I desperately want to be proved wrong, but I can’t see us in the Championship next season.

1000000%

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Do you think that made the difference then?! The fact that some fans preferred to consider the potential that was still possible. 

No of course not 

How could it ? 

but I’m allowed to give a totally opposite opinion .. as are they 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

No of course not 

How could it ? 

but I’m allowed to give a totally opposite opinion .. as are they 

No one said otherwise. But you're doing some nose-thumbing at them, so expect a few opinions on what you put.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No one said otherwise. But you're doing some nose-thumbing at them, so expect a few opinions on what you put.

Yer obviously That’s what we’re here for ... to exchange opinions and views 

somone is always going to disagree with someone else 

All good fun, it’s how Dave makes his millions from us 

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, not sure where this baalocks about negative posters wanting to be proved right comes from.

If you automatically assume the position that everything is poo, everything will go wrong, nothing good will ever happen and constantly profecise doom then you'll be proven right far more than you'll be proven wrong, especially where Derby are concerned.

People naturally, despite outward projections, hold on to hope that things might actually not turn to poo. It's a curse of the human condition, even when you think you've given up hope, it can pop back up seemingly out of nowhere. Until it doesn't.

We're all feeling bad enough about things without it being constantly rammed down our throats, as much as 'we' revel in our misery at times, 'we' don't really want a constant reminder of how bad things are, or could be, and as such (naturally) get a little defensive. 

I'm sure you're the same but maybe people don't (or rarely) see that hope in your posts, the humanity?

If outwardly all people see from you is a barrage of negativity, it's going to get their backs up. It comes across almost as programmed, it comes across as attention seeking, even if it isn't meant to.

Edited by Coconut

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly, not sure where this baalocks about negative posters wanting to be proved right comes from. We’ve just been being realistic, it’s as simple as that. Absolutely no Derby fan wants to see this club go down. I desperately want to be proved wrong, but I can’t see us in the Championship next season.

Have read with interest one poster saying that negatively stereotyping an individual is of course the fault with the person themselves not the person making the narrow minded judgement which explains a great many things in answer to your question. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

If you automatically assume the position that everything is poo, everything will go wrong, nothing good will ever happen and constantly profecise doom then you'll be proven right far more than you'll be proven wrong, especially where Derby are concerned.

People naturally, despite outward projections, hold on to hope that things might actually not turn to poo. It's a curse of the human condition, even when you think you've given up hope, it can pop back up seemingly out of nowhere. Until it doesn't.

We're all feeling bad enough about things without it being constantly rammed down our throats, as much as 'we' revel in our misery at times, 'we' don't really want a constant reminder of how bad things are, or could be, and as such (naturally) get a little defensive. 

I'm sure you're the same but maybe people don't (or rarely) see that hope in your posts, the humanity?

If outwardly all people see from you is a barrage of negativity, it's going to get their backs up. It comes across almost as programmed, it comes across as attention seeking, even if it isn't meant to.

Good post ?

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course the downside of a Rotherham draw is that Wednesday will know all they can do is beat us and hope Rotherham don’t beat Cardiff. The margin of their victory over us would be irrelevant. So, arguably, if they went a goal up they could shut up shop, hang on for a narrow win and hope for a favourable result at Cardiff. Whereas, either a Rotherham win or defeat will mean they know goal difference may come into play. They might need at least a seven goal swing in their favour in Rotherham won one and lost one which isn’t completely out of the question. This would mean really going for it against us which could leave them exposed to the counter attack. Fortunately for them, they’re only playing Derby so the risk would be low ?

I think, on balance, a Rotherham defeat has got to be the best outcome on Tuesday.

Yeah of course, a Rotherham loss is what we want as the margins are going to be so fine.

I just hope we don’t end up shooting ourselves in the foot if we know at 12:30 on Saturday that a single point will guarantee survival. If we play for a point, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the last 10 minutes if the scores are still level. I genuinely think that would be more gut-wrenching than any play-off final.

How can anyone want anything other than a Rotherham defeat vs Luton? I have read the reasons and I can kind of get it but a defeat for Rotherham means we would only need a draw vs Sheff W.

Yes, I get that could mean the players go out and just play for a draw instead of a win but I would much rather go into Saturdays game knowing 2 out of 3 scenario's keeps us safe. Plus if Rotherham get a draw or win tomorrow we are also relying on Cardiff doing us a favour Saturday as well as our own result. The way we have crumbled recently I would not want us to have to win Saturday as I just cannot see it.

To think if we had got at least 1 draw in any of the 3 games (out of our last 4) where we have taken the lead and lost 2-1 we would be almost safe now.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

How can anyone want anything other than a Rotherham defeat vs Luton? I have read the reasons and I can kind of get it but a defeat for Rotherham means we would only need a draw vs Sheff W.

Yes, I get that could mean the players go out and just play for a draw instead of a win but I would much rather go into Saturdays game knowing 2 out of 3 scenario's keeps us safe. Plus if Rotherham get a draw or win tomorrow we are also relying on Cardiff doing us a favour Saturday as well as our own result. The way we have crumbled recently I would not want us to have to win Saturday as I just cannot see it.

To think if we had got at least 1 draw in any of the 3 games (out of our last 4) where we have taken the lead and lost 2-1 we would be almost safe now.

Exactly....anything else is total nonsense ?

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Calling it now. We’ve not come back from a losing position to win once this season. We’ll go 1 down. We’ll all be having kittens. We’ll get one back, but Rotherham are winning, and then we’ll score a winner in the last minute. 

If carling did last day relegation shoot outs.

It's carlsberg 

I read in the newspaper last week, that getting relegated from the championship means a loss of £5m in various revenues. Most of that must come from sky games, sponsorship loss on gate receipts etc.  Also, does each club get paid an amount of monies depending on what position you finish in the Championship.

16 hours ago, Kernow said:

Yeah of course, a Rotherham loss is what we want as the margins are going to be so fine.

I just hope we don’t end up shooting ourselves in the foot if we know at 12:30 on Saturday that a single point will guarantee survival. If we play for a point, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch the last 10 minutes if the scores are still level. I genuinely think that would be more gut-wrenching than any play-off final.

Worried all this rain will give Rotherham just the pitch they want tonight   Maybe a Postponement might be good for us ...