v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

3 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

That’s harsh, he was literally our young player of the year last year. I still think he could come good at some point with a bit of confidence and better coaching. 

Don’t care if it’s harsh. He was player of the year when he was next to Huddlestone or Rooney, someone that can do the creative side. He can’t pass the ball unless it is a 5 yard pass back to the half way line. He’s got the creative abilities of Darren Moore and he’s not even good defensively

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Robert Earnshaws Workrate said:

I'll tell you one thing, I'm more concerned about how many of the bottom 6 still have to play Bristol City for a second time this season.

They're bloody awful.

They are since he who not must be named was injured. Strange that ??

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

When does Rooney take responsibility for awful tactics and shape, no pressing, and a directionless game plan? 

I'd agree in part, but these players for two seasons have performed at this level. How many of these players would you be sad to see leave, are they subject to awful tactics or not carrying out as they are being told.

Anyone who has kicked a ball on a football field will tell you that tactics only account for part of the game, the players are the ones that have to put them into practice and they aren't doing that.

16 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At this point, you have to wonder that our rather short-lived upturn in form was actually all to do with Bielik and absolutely nothing to do with Rooney.

Maybe he's actually an even better player than any of us realised and his re-introduction into the team managed to paper over the cracks and make us look a lot better than we actually are. The difference without him is striking.

That being said, I think it dissolves responsibility of a lot of others to say this about Bielik.

Unfortunately I stated that from the moment he was injured ... you only need to look at the game he got injured ... we dominated right up till he got injured and then nothing and it’s pretty much been nothing since 

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why bring him on?

In fairness we needed either him or Watson on to have someone actually willing to get on the ball in midfield rather than marking themselves out the game like Shinnie or Knight, why it wasn't for one of Shinnie or Knight though is a completely different question.

We lack creative ability and goalscorers so we will either go down or just escape relegation on the last day at this rate. We will need to beat the Wendies and Brum but I cannot see it happening. There is no real confidence in this side. They are a defensive side with no idea going forward. Recipe for disaster.

4 minutes ago, AGR said:

Don’t care if it’s harsh. He was player of the year when he was next to Huddlestone or Rooney, someone that can do the creative side. He can’t pass the ball unless it is a 5 yard pass back to the half way line. He’s got the creative abilities of Darren Moore and he’s not even good defensively

Some individual always has to take the blame when the team collectively have been dreadful, like a little kiddie lashing out...bit pathetic really....

The young players at this football club are not the reason why we are so bad at this moment in time.

I never wanted Mel Morris to throw money at dcfc because as in most cases it never solves any problem it just gets wasted so you never end up with a long term solution.

I think we will stop up this season mainly because the championship is so poor but the worse part for me is the lack of attempts at goal.

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Are you joking? weren't we bottom of the league with only 6 points?  think time has distorted your memory!

And I think time has distorted your memory of the squad he was working with compared to the squad Rooney has at his disposal?

It just seems like the plan is play for 0-0.

Then we go 1-0 down and the plan becomes pull it back to 1-1, which rarely happens.

We looked much better in the last 10 minutes...I mean we had some players on the pitch that tried to pass forwards, which is a low bar, but I'll take it.

How about next time we start with:

Roos
Bryne Wisdom Clarke Buchannan
            Watson Knight
Roberts        Sibley       Lawrence
                    Gregory

If it doesn't work, so be it, but at least it won't be like watching paint dry. 

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Are you joking? weren't we bottom of the league with only 6 points?  think time has distorted your memory!

Think he is trying to say that we are playing similar to under Cocu so may e it's more about this group of players than it is a manager. Without Bielik we look lost 

11 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

Technically yes, and I did add that caveat.

But given the context of that game, I’m not sure we’re really counting it? A bit like with the numbers for the Chorley game being 1-11, rather than squad numbers. 

I must have missed the caveat tbf.

But at the risk of sounding like the arch-literalist @MuespachRam, any FA Cup 3rd round game absolutely goes down as a senior fixture.

499303D2-BD0C-4356-A7B3-E75C2A8941C8.thumb.jpeg.6173d85fcb4eda820603bbfb5b54e8be.jpeg

Second lowest scorers in the league and in poor form.

it’s certainly getting to the point where we deserve to go down. 
if the EFL can’t deduct points from us and they really want us to suffer then they only have to give Wednesday their 6 points back.

17 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

No wonder there’s such a detach from the defensive the attack. He plays 7 defensive players with shinnie and knight who couldn’t pass urine. Then it’s the front. No wonder we don’t score goals it’s basically a 8 3 formation. And there back 5 against our front 3. We don’t have Ronaldinho Ronaldo and messi 

Lol I thought Mike Ronaldinho, James Ronaldo and Frank Messi were the next products coming through from the academy ?

9 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

A proper manager who had us bottom of the table by 8 points and winless in god knows how many games 

yer ducking brilliant he was

have a day off will u 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Bottom of the table and winless 

end of ducking story 

Appreciate you're angry with things and I'm not denying Cocu was a huge disappointment. 

But when he left after Barnsley match on 7th November we were bottom on 6 points, with one win. 

4th bottom were Coventry on 8 points. 

19 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Is it? What you backing that up with? 

Rooney took over an attack shy team at the bottom of the league, he’s had one transfer window which it would seem was restricted by either the take-over, embargo or both. I for one am shocked we’re not now playing free flowing attacking football with what we have. 

You’re right we shouldn’t expect liquid football that’d be ridiculous given the circumstances but games where the oppositions keeper doesn’t have to make a save against mid table opposition? I think we’re allowed to get angry about that

Archived