v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Playing players out of position 

Constant shift in formations 

Players not being positive when the have the ball 

Switching off when the ball in the box.

All points to a poor performance.

This team may survive relegation but it will be through other teams poor play from here on in. Not looking forward to any upcoming games. 

Rooney stands on the sidelines quiet as a mouse. No emotion shown towards the players whatsoever. 

Some players in my opinion have no future at Derby and will move on but Bird has to be one of them. 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yet another disappointing result, and yet another game we didn’t deserve anything out of. Does Rooney never learn? We finally looked half decent going forward second half against Brentford, when we actually had some attackers on the pitch and Sibley in his natural position. So what does he do today? Stick Sibley back out on the wing, and persist with the same pair of midfield runners in Shinnie and Knight, who don’t have an ounce of footballing quality between them. Beggars belief, it really does. And then what does he do when we need a goal? Stick another defensive mid on, and two wingers up front. You can’t write it. Utter managerial incompetence - for such a good attacker in his playing days, Rooney isn’t half a negative manager. Every game is just set up to try and nick a 1-0, which almost inevitably ends in the reverse. He’s almost making Cocu look ambitious!

Not that the players escape without criticism either. The effort out there today was frankly a disgrace. We were desperate for a win, but absolutely no one showed any desire to make that happen. There was no energy anywhere, we barely made an attempt to press them, and essentially just allowed Stoke to just walk all over us. In such an important game, the players should hang their heads in shame at the work rate they showed in that match. Not fit to wear the shirt.

Other teams below us are fighting and we’re not, which is exactly why we’re going down. You don’t deserve to stay up when you’ve played so negatively all season long.

Can’t argue with a lot of that to be fair...

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Give me a break, I don't think anyone who watched the game against Millwall honestly thought man for man quality wise we haven't got a better squad. We've got a weakish squad for the division that is generally inexperienced but we've got enough attacking, midfield and defensive quality to be mid-table. The squad is being chronically mismanaged, misapplied and lulled into a sense of complacency by a 'manager' who has been saying up until today that we're not going to go down and he's planning for promotion to the premiership next season... 

You missed the point though, GR has built a team to play the way he wants to. I'd argue that quite a few are better than ours as well but that's irrelevant, because he has built a team to play the football he wants.

Its not as though the players we have at our disposal have also done anything for the past two years either is it ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, Donegal Ram said:

Playing players out of position 

Constant shift in formations 

Players not being positive when the have the ball 

Switching off when the ball in the box.

All points to a poor performance.

This team may survive relegation but it will be through other teams poor play from here on in. Not looking forward to any upcoming games. 

Rooney stands on the sidelines quiet as a mouse. No emotion shown towards the players whatsoever. 

Some players in my opinion have no future at Derby and will move on but Bird has to be one of them. 

Yea, let’s blame an academy lad for a poo team performance...very helpful...

1 minute ago, BIllyD said:

You missed the point though, GR has built a team to play the way he wants to. I'd argue that quite a few are better than ours as well but that's irrelevant, because he has built a team to play the football he wants.

Its not as though the players we have at our disposal have also done anything for the past two years either is it ?‍♂️

It's quite obvious as a manager that when coming into a mid-season job that you adapt to the players you have but then again Rooney isn't a real manager. Quite honestly, I've got no idea what style Rooney wants to play as he's chopped and changed so much it's an utter mess. The players are good enough to secure survival, the way they're being managed is a farce. 

31 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Appreciate you're angry with things and I'm not denying Cocu was a huge disappointment. 

But when he left after Barnsley match on 7th November we were bottom on 6 points, with one win. 

4th bottom were Coventry on 8 points. 

I am.. I apologise for that 

We were certainly winless and utterly clueless and IMO he should have gone a lot sooner as it become blatantly obvious he was never going to change his failing tactics 

although not much has changed since the initial new manager bounce 

still say we should have landed mick McCarthy... but he gets dismissed by so many for not being fashionable enough despite knowing this league inside out 

30 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

You’re right we shouldn’t expect liquid football that’d be ridiculous given the circumstances but games where the oppositions keeper doesn’t have to make a save against mid table opposition? I think we’re allowed to get angry about that

Didn’t say anyone shouldn’t be angry but the reactionary calls for management to be removed due to the poor performance, in my opinion, doesn’t solve the issue. The issue is the quality in the team and a lack of cutting edge up front. Replace the manager all you like but without investment in this threadbare squad and we’ll still have to rely on the youngsters making the step up, which is harsh on them putting them into a struggling team and expect them to be the catalyst. 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I am.. I apologise for that 

We were certainly winless and utterly clueless and IMO he should have gone a lot sooner as it become blatantly obvious he was never going to change his failing tactics 

although not much has changed since the initial new manager bounce 

still say we should have landed mick McCarthy... but he gets dismissed by so many for not being fashionable enough despite knowing this league inside out 

McCarthy might have been an option to the end of the season but not a long term option. Ask Ipswich fans what the football was like under him...

44 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yeah, lovely to see you back and gloating at everyone now we're in trouble again. We all thought you'd had a horrible accident when as predicted, the team improved so much with Bielik back. You were nowhere to be seen. It's almost as if you only ever show up to slag off the team and your fellow fans.

Gloating???

I live in the middle of Nottingham mate... have done for 30 odds years all my mates and work colleagues and anyone I know are stinking red dogs

last thing I’m doing is gloating 

I live the Derby nightmare every ducking day 

Iv not said a lot last few weeks cos it’s been utterly depressing and unlike many happy clappers I saw this coming a ducking mile off while so many had their heads in the clouds 

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, let’s blame an academy lad for a poo team performance...very helpful...

Not blaming anyone. Just pointing out that for me he is a weak link in a poor team.

Identify a system and stick to it. Close down with more purpose and as a team. If we play with 3 cb's then one of Shinnie or knight will do.

13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Grim day to be an English Derby fan. Poohoused by Stoke for the umpteenth time, smashed in a series defining loss in the cricket and now being handed our asses by Ireland in the rugby. Time for a long walk I reckon ?

At least with the cricket you could admire the skill of the opponent!

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Gloating???

I live in the middle of Nottingham mate... have done for 30 odds years all my mates and work colleagues and anyone I know are stinking red dogs

last thing I’m doing is gloating 

I live the Derby nightmare every ducking day 

Iv not said a lot last few weeks cos it’s been utterly depressing and unlike many happy clappers I saw this coming a ducking mile off while so many had their heads in the clouds 

I think you need to just calm down mate and give the 'I told you so' BS a rest. We've not been relegated yet. If and when we are by all means come back and tell everyone how right you were all along if it makes you feel better. 

Archived