v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It often is,that's the problem with arguing with that solution.

Is it? What you backing that up with? 

Rooney took over an attack shy team at the bottom of the league, he’s had one transfer window which it would seem was restricted by either the take-over, embargo or both. I for one am shocked we’re not now playing free flowing attacking football with what we have. 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

At this point, you have to wonder that our rather short-lived upturn in form was actually all to do with Bielik and absolutely nothing to do with Rooney.

Maybe he's actually an even better player than any of us realised and his re-introduction into the team managed to paper over the cracks and make us look a lot better than we actually are. The difference without him is striking.

That being said, I think it dissolves responsibility of a lot of others to say this about Bielik.

I always had that feeling. But to be so reliant on one player, well that’s just not good enough.

Lol this has been terrible few months worst most depressing Derby side ever in my lifetime .... my local team Dover have all but folded and my other love cricket seems like they’ve read the Derby handbook ... oh and apparently the takeover really is done with now 

Please someone give me a silver lining 

19 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

52aabf7fa969ee02195179f8e2806338.png

8 points above Sheffield Wednesday (they have a game in hand) who will probably get a big boost from beating Barnsley away. 5 points above Rotherham who have 4 games in hand. 2 points above Brum who will surely improve under Bowyer. 1 point above Coventry who have a game in hand. I'm glad Rooney is certain we won't go down, because I'm not quite as confident as he is ....

Still laughing chuckles @86 Hair Islands?

finally woke up to reality 

just give us a nudge when you’ve caught up 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

At this point, you have to wonder that our rather short-lived upturn in form was actually all to do with Bielik and absolutely nothing to do with Rooney.

Maybe he's actually an even better player than any of us realised and his re-introduction into the team managed to paper over the cracks and make us look a lot better than we actually are. The difference without him is striking.

That being said, I think it dissolves responsibility of a lot of others to say this about Bielik.

Was always a combination of bringing Bielik back in as well as a proper forward. 

Sure Cocu wasn't popular on here but he was a proper manager. He just didn't realise how poor the team was. I am still confident that Cocu managing Bielik/CKR without the undermining of Rooney going on would have been a relative success. 

Would manage the young players properly, not just throw them into lost games where they are learning nothing.

I do wonder why we signed Baningime, we’re not exactly looking great in the middle yet he can’t get a game. Bird was poor today, I’m not down on Bird but he’s not quick enough on the ball especially if there’s a forward pass on. 

1 minute ago, Silko said:

Lol this has been terrible few months worst most depressing Derby side ever in my lifetime .... my local team Dover have all but folded and my other love cricket seems like they’ve read the Derby handbook ... oh and apparently the takeover really is done with now 

Please someone give me a silver lining 

I’ve had the cricket in the background, for a while I thought at least that’s giving me a lift and then ???

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

6 months ago, he was being praised as a quality youngster. Maybe we should be looking at how Rooney is managing this lot? All our young players have gone backwards since Cocu left. Maybe Cocu was never the issue. 

Yeah that 6 points he got us this season..we are crying out for him..

Just now, DJFern94 said:

Was always a combination of bringing Bielik back in as well as a proper forward. 

Sure Cocu wasn't popular on here but he was a proper manager. He just didn't realise how poor the team was. I am still confident that Cocy managing Bielik/CKR without the undermining of Rooney going on would have been a relative success. 

Would manage the young players properly, not just throw them into lost games where they are learning nothing.

Totally agree, nothing has changed since Cocu left. In fact I would argue our possession game has deteriorated further. Our promising youngsters look fragile now after the careful development under Cocu. 

Archived