v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

5 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Was always a combination of bringing Bielik back in as well as a proper forward. 

Sure Cocu wasn't popular on here but he was a proper manager. He just didn't realise how poor the team was. I am still confident that Cocu managing Bielik/CKR without the undermining of Rooney going on would have been a relative success. 

Would manage the young players properly, not just throw them into lost games where they are learning nothing.

A proper manager who had us bottom of the table by 8 points and winless in god knows how many games 

yer ducking brilliant he was

have a day off will u 

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

if we hadn't had the brief new manager bounce from Rooney we'd probably already be down

This is the argument though. I highly doubt it ever was a new manager bounce. It was simply that lining up with us having our strongest squad available.

5 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

6 months ago, he was being praised as a quality youngster. Maybe we should be looking at how Rooney is managing this lot? All our young players have gone backwards since Cocu left. Maybe Cocu was never the issue. 

Never the issue? we were dog poo under him and would have lost 3 or 4 nil under him today. Make no mistake he is a massive contributory factor to where we are now.   Alot of players are not good enough and I'm afraid from the owner down wards need to take responsibility for this mess. Not bringing in a decent striker has killed us.

Our defence was more solid and same players. Since he had more choice Wayne has constantly tinkered and noone seems to know how or where to play any more. Its just as bad as Cocu. So today why play someone obviously struggling with injury as CF? Waghorn undroppable but today when a fit Waghorn in the middle would have at least given some mobility and lots of hard work and running he drops him? Sibley great cameo Tuesday so plays elsewhere today? Shinnie very busy and productive today and Knight less so, so we'll take Shinnie off? I could go on. Decision making seems panicky and clueless. On the upside Tom looked bright!

Just now, BIllyD said:

When do the players take responsibility for this, Rooney out isn't going to change anything. We aren't good enough, we lack quality, we have a team assembled from the academy and loans without any cohesion or planning behind it.

Mel has to shoulder the blame, the past two seasons are the result of his mismanagement of the club prior to this. Problem is that even if we survive this season, next season is going to be no better.

When does Rooney take responsibility for awful tactics and shape, no pressing, and a directionless game plan? 

3 minutes ago, AGR said:

Max Bird has got to be the worst player to come through the academy for a few years. Will be lucky if he’s playing professional football in 5 years time 

That’s harsh, he was literally our young player of the year last year. I still think he could come good at some point with a bit of confidence and better coaching. 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

A proper manager who had us bottom of the table by 8 points and winless in god knows how many games 

yer ducking brilliant he was

have a day off will u 

We've removed Cocu as a variable and the position is still the same... was he ever the issue?

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

Never the issue? we were dog poo under him and would have lost 3 or 4 nil under him today. Make no mistake he is a massive contributory factor to where we are now.   Alot of players are not good enough and I'm afraid from the owner down wards need to take responsibility for this mess. Not bringing in a decent striker has killed us.

correct.

we were dog poo under Cocu, now we're just normal poo. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Yeah, woken up to realise that when you claimed it was all down to Cocu you were talking utter garbage. Again...

Erm didn’t say that but whatever

I said he takes a massive chunk of responsibility

huge difference 

bur at least ur awake and aware of our plight now so that’s something 

We are an awful team playing dreadful football, if we do stay up it’s because someone else is more dreadful than us. Big changes needed next season in the playing staff, without that no matter what league we are in we will struggle. 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

Erm didn’t say that but whatever

I said he takes a massive chunk of responsibility

huge difference 

bur at least ur awake and aware of our plight now so that’s something 

Yeah, lovely to see you back and gloating at everyone now we're in trouble again. We all thought you'd had a horrible accident when as predicted, the team improved so much with Bielik back. You were nowhere to be seen. It's almost as if you only ever show up to slag off the team and your fellow fans.

Archived