v Stoke City (A) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

16 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

Which managerial madman would take that challenge on?

To be honest I’m thinking about someone who might have to get us out of League One next season - if the worst happens I really don’t want Rooney in charge.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor and now a gap till we go again beginning to think relegation may be a real possibility thought we showed  enough to keep clear but now not sure - worrying 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Totally agree, nothing has changed since Cocu left. In fact I would argue our possession game has deteriorated further. Our promising youngsters look fragile now after the careful development under Cocu. 

We still have the same so called coaches

get rid now 

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

6 months ago, he was being praised as a quality youngster. Maybe we should be looking at how Rooney is managing this lot? All our young players have gone backwards since Cocu left. Maybe Cocu was never the issue. 

Agreed. I’m wound up by the result/performance, but then the idiotic ‘release Bird’ comments make it 10 times worse! Maybe he should stick to saying that John Terry has left Villa! 

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

@Owen87ITK, not to be pedantic, but would the FA Cup game not have been Cresswell’s senior debut?

Technically yes, and I did add that caveat.

But given the context of that game, I’m not sure we’re really counting it? A bit like with the numbers for the Chorley game being 1-11, rather than squad numbers. 

Rooney needs to stop saying we’ll be fine and he’s targeting promotion next season, it’s complete and utter delusion.

We’re bang in trouble and I honestly can’t see where the points are coming to come from in order to survive. The lack of urgency and quality when we went 1-0 down today was frightening. Chalk and cheese from Brentford in midweek.

Our fate will go down to the final game, if not already sealed before. No doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Was always a combination of bringing Bielik back in as well as a proper forward. 

Sure Cocu wasn't popular on here but he was a proper manager. He just didn't realise how poor the team was. I am still confident that Cocu managing Bielik/CKR without the undermining of Rooney going on would have been a relative success. 

Would manage the young players properly, not just throw them into lost games where they are learning nothing.

if we hadn't had the brief new manager bounce from Rooney we'd probably already be down

5 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

6 months ago, he was being praised as a quality youngster. Maybe we should be looking at how Rooney is managing this lot? All our young players have gone backwards since Cocu left. Maybe Cocu was never the issue. 

Oh do me a favour 

we were bottom of the table by 8 points ffs

cocus piss poor management is a large slice of why we’re in this mess (along with previous duck ups from others) 

We're not a good team.

Grimly hoping three other teams contrive to be worse isn't that much fun.

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I think it's clear there was more wrong than just Cocu and the squad is where it deserves to be. All said and done it's a bit of a tough situation for the younger players whoever was in charge. He does seem harsh on Sibley though and have big love for Bird.

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Desperate stuff. All the momentum of the second half on Tuesday goes in with the same team and we’re nowhere near it. This is going to have to be done the hard way now. I’ve thought we could pull clear and make the last few games a bit easier, we still could but it’s looking likely this will go to the wire now.

Luton game is MASSIVE!

Every game is massive!!

3 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

I do wonder why we signed Baningime, we’re not exactly looking great in the middle yet he can’t get a game. Bird was poor today, I’m not down on Bird but he’s not quick enough on the ball especially if there’s a forward pass on. 

Why bring him on?

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Rooney needs to stop saying we’ll be fine and he’s targeting promotion next season, it’s complete and utter delusion.

We’re bang in trouble and I honestly can’t see where the points are coming to come from in order to survive. The lack of urgency and quality when we went 1-0 down today was frightening. Chalk and cheese from Brentford in midweek.

Our fate will go down to the final game, if not sealed before. No doubt about it.

Did he ever say promotion from which division?

6 minutes ago, Silko said:

Lol this has been terrible few months worst most depressing Derby side ever in my lifetime .... my local team Dover have all but folded and my other love cricket seems like they’ve read the Derby handbook ... oh and apparently the takeover really is done with now 

Please someone give me a silver lining 

Hay ho!

When do the players take responsibility for this, Rooney out isn't going to change anything. We aren't good enough, we lack quality, we have a team assembled from the academy and loans without any cohesion or planning behind it.

Mel has to shoulder the blame, the past two seasons are the result of his mismanagement of the club prior to this. Problem is that even if we survive this season, next season is going to be no better.

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I disagree on that but can’t be arsed arguing the toss about it right now 

we’ve bigger things to worry about right now 

Fair enough, same here my friend. I think we are all sick to death of out current predicament.

Archived