v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Louie Watson get a start. Having watched him a fair bit for under 23s (admittedly online) I was a bit worried about his physicality but hopefully this is the right game as Brentford are a footballing team.

I think they may have a bit too much for us tonight, but I am hoping for a more positive performance.  Move the ball quickly, and we can cause them problems. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Better from Rooney but not quite there. Knight shouldn't be on the wing. Is this also the strongest bench we've had all season.

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak   Watson   Knight

Kazim

Roos

Byrne.  Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bird 

Knight Watson Shinnie 

Richards jozwiak 

Knight is very lucky to keep his place, think he bas been picked for his defensive workrate.

Not overly keen on Bird & Shinnie in CDM, two left footers, balance never looks right. I would like to see Baningime in there with 1 of them.

Glad Watson finally has got a start, hopefully he can continue his forward play like he has from the bench.

I was getting ready to moan about Rooney giving in to fan pressure and picking Sibley, so he's put my mind at rest there.

I can go back to complaining about him not picking Sibley now, what's he thinking?

7 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Great January signings we made - not one in the starting 11. 

Not sure I'd trust Rooney with another window. 

We have no money and our squad was threadbare. Was a case of getting bodies through the door. That said only Edmundson has done it for me, Roberts looks tidy but a bit lightweight.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm happy enough with that lineup. Roberts probably left out as he's not very defensively strong so an impact sub if needed seems to be  his role at the moment whilst we try to grind out some results. 

Very harsh on Edmundson to be omitted altogether. 

The trouble is, when we play 4 at the back it's between Mengi and Edmundson as to who misses out. As Mengi was MoM last week, he's ahead in the pecking order right now - also covers RB in an emergency too.

Archived