• Created
  • Last Reply

Well something needs to change.

Roos
    Byrne, Wisdom, Clarke, Forsyth
                      Shinnie
Jozwiak, Watson, Knight, Lawrence
                       Kazim

Let's actually be positive for once... seeing as trying to scrap out points seems to have stopped working.

I liked the look of Byrne and Joz down the right. See if Lawrence and Forsyth can do something similar down the left. 

As said before, Watson needs to start.

Expecting a defeat. Anything other than that will be a positive. COYR! ?

I think Rooney will go for:

Roos

Mengi     Edmundson.   Clarke

Byrne.        Knight.     Shinnie.      Fozzy

Joz.                 Waghorn

CKR 

As strange as it sounds I actually think we might poo house a point here!

59 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Having given it much consideration I have decided what we need on Tuesday is this...

0_w6jB7ICCCiTR8Coc.png.000fe013772b8213657b9d13f1dc97c1.png

"We". Do you mean us spectators or do you think players should spent some quality time at Joiners?

As much as i would like us to go 4-3-3 i think if we try to match Brentford they will just destroy us. 

Watson has to start for me, he is the only forward thinking midfielder we have. 

Probably won't go down well with a lot of fans on here but i would drop CKR. The more i see him, the more i start to think he contributes to our lack of goalscoring. He offers no movement, no runs in behind, which make him incredibly easy to mark. Yes he may win headers, but against Millwall he wasn't even doing that so then what's he actually contributing. Also the constant shouts of woooooooo from him telling our CB's to play long balls to him are just killing any build up play we have. 

Would put Lawrence straight back in and Jozwiak has to start as well, he's been our biggest threat last few games. I know Waghorn hasn't been very good recently but he does at least offer a bit of movement. I would play these 3 up front together and have them swapping positions with lots of movement. Don't drift too wide as they all seem to link up better when they have players around them. Let Forsyth and Byrne provide the width. 

Not sure whether to play Wisdom or Mengi. Wisdom is more experienced and has better passing ability but i think Mengi has better attributes as a CB. It's just that Mengi is young and is making silly little mistakes. 

image.png.2f4787640fa305b346aa6b3a11d49371.png

Subs: Idem, Buchanan, Wisdom, Baningime, Knight, Bird, CKR, Roberts, Sibley

22 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

As much as i would like us to go 4-3-3 i think if we try to match Brentford they will just destroy us. 

Watson has to start for me, he is the only forward thinking midfielder we have. 

Probably won't go down well with a lot of fans on here but i would drop CKR. The more i see him, the more i start to think he contributes to our lack of goalscoring. He offers no movement, no runs in behind, which make him incredibly easy to mark. Yes he may win headers, but against Millwall he wasn't even doing that so then what's he actually contributing. Also the constant shouts of woooooooo from him telling our CB's to play long balls to him are just killing any build up play we have. 

Would put Lawrence straight back in and Jozwiak has to start as well, he's been our biggest threat last few games. I know Waghorn hasn't been very good recently but he does at least offer a bit of movement. I would play these 3 up front together and have them swapping positions with lots of movement. Don't drift too wide as they all seem to link up better when they have players around them. Let Forsyth and Byrne provide the width. 

Not sure whether to play Wisdom or Mengi. Wisdom is more experienced and has better passing ability but i think Mengi has better attributes as a CB. It's just that Mengi is young and is making silly little mistakes. 

image.png.2f4787640fa305b346aa6b3a11d49371.png

Subs: Idem, Buchanan, Wisdom, Baningime, Knight, Bird, CKR, Roberts, Sibley

I can understand your logic for dropping CKR, but why Waghorn instead? They're all poo but isn't Gregory better? 

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

I think Rooney will go for:

Roos

Mengi     Edmundson.   Clarke

Byrne.        Knight.     Shinnie.      Fozzy

Joz.                 Waghorn

CKR 

As strange as it sounds I actually think we might poo house a point here!

I think thats exactly what Rooney will go for & in some respects, makes sense given it mirrors the deep lying strategy we successfully employed against Swansea & Bournemouth.

Personally I'd be looking to remove a couple of defensive players & offer more threat further up the pitch. Some on here think the game is unwinnable but I think its important to try to reverse the negative mindset in the club & try and score a goal or 2...that would massively fuel confidence for future games even if we lost 3-2 for example.

I'd start Watson, Sibley & Roberts in behind CKR...Sibley at LW in same role he had his best game at Birmingham & whilst I accept its not his favoured position, his confidence must be low given recent events & he'd get more space out wide. Watson looks full of confidence by contrast and is probably more of a number 10 playmaker. Elsewhere I'd revert to 4 at the back, bring Wisdom back & drop Knight for Bird. Max is no worse defensively than Knight but much better on the ball, his remit should be getting service into the front 4 asap (as we may play on the counter for long periods)

20210314_151840.thumb.jpg.2634019cc26578b64ac135e8185ce07f.jpg

4 hours ago, Beetroot said:

They are so much better than us, been progressing for years, heading for the automatics.

We've played 4 times in March and scored zero goals. 1 point. We've abandoned our plan of integrating the promising academy players, our back 3 yesterday was made up entirely of loanees, we're massively reliant on our striker who's scored what 3 or 4 this year? We don't even know who our first choice keeper is!

And we've played twice as many games as them this month!

On the upside, it's the Championship and it's 2021. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we hammer them.

Depends on what you mean by "hammer them".

A draw and I'd a little relieved. A win and I'd be very happy. A good win (say 2:0, 3:0 or 3:1) and I'd be equally delighted and surprised. Anything more than that, I'd be stunned. 

Brentford have a bit of a problem wondering how to stifle our open play attacking momentum - seriously where do they start?

How can they have a plan because our 9 (nine) goals from open play this season have left them with little to work with 

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think thats exactly what Rooney will go for & in some respects, makes sense given it mirrors the deep lying strategy we successfully employed against Swansea & Bournemouth.

Personally I'd be looking to remove a couple of defensive players & offer more threat further up the pitch. Some on here think the game is unwinnable but I think its important to try to reverse the negative mindset in the club & try and score a goal or 2...that would massively fuel confidence for future games even if we lost 3-2 for example.

I'd start Watson, Sibley & Roberts in behind CKR...Sibley at LW in same role he had his best game at Birmingham & whilst I accept its not his favoured position, his confidence must be low given recent events & he'd get more space out wide. Watson looks full of confidence by contrast and is probably more of a number 10 playmaker. Elsewhere I'd revert to 4 at the back, bring Wisdom back & drop Knight for Bird. Max is no worse defensively than Knight but much better on the ball, his remit should be getting service into the front 4 asap (as we may play on the counter for long periods)

20210314_151840.thumb.jpg.2634019cc26578b64ac135e8185ce07f.jpg

I like the look of that personal wise. I do think you would be better off shifting to a 433 though; let's Shinnie go press more aggressively and make runs into channels, allows Bird more space to link things together and kick start play and allows Watson to float about the park looking to pick up.

For balance purposes it might be worth playing Jozwiak over Roberts from the start for balance reasons as well. 

Whilst I'd like to see that going forward, I think it's possible worth being a touch more defensive against Brentford. Playing a 3511 with Edmundson in for Roberts and Buchanan for Fozzy in your line up.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

I like the look of that personal wise. I do think you would be better off shifting to a 433 though; let's Shinnie go press more aggressively and make runs into channels, allows Bird more space to link things together and kick start play and allows Watson to float about the park looking to pick up.

For balance purposes it might be worth playing Jozwiak over Roberts from the start for balance reasons as well. 

Whilst I'd like to see that going forward, I think it's possible worth being a touch more defensive against Brentford. Playing a 3511 with Edmundson in for Roberts and Buchanan for Fozzy in your line up.

Fair comment re 4-3-3 & Watson/Shinnie, suspect Watson would end up a bit deeper if Brentford dominate the ball and he does seem to enjoy drifting into midfield spaces.

Also see the sense in being disciplined on Tuesday with a 3-5-2. My main concern is confidence seems low & we're quite likely to concede early given Brentford's quality which destroys the game plan (given our dismal record of comebacks this season). I'd also quite like to see us play some football!

Archived