v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Great January signings we made - not one in the starting 11. 

Not sure I'd trust Rooney with another window. 

Tbf, he had ‘0’ money and had to settle for 3rd pick. 

Let’s judge him when he actually has some money to spend 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The trouble is, when we play 4 at the back it's between Mengi and Edmundson as to who misses out. As Mengi was MoM last week, he's ahead in the pecking order right now - also covers RB in an emergency too.

Very good point. Still feel for the lad though. He's been very solid when called upon though. Great to have these options. We were looking very short in that department.

8 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Ok Watson is given a change but still got Shinnie, Knight and Bird in the team with CKR up front labouring on his own. Confused why Wayne got all these loans in then isn't using them. 

Fingers crossed but looks very pedestrian on paper. 

a change of what???

16 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Better from Rooney but not quite there. Knight shouldn't be on the wing. Is this also the strongest bench we've had all season.

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak   Watson   Knight

Kazim

Completely agreed RE the team and Knight, for whatever reason he seems very hesitant to drop him and doesn't seem to like to not have one "grafter" on a wing. Think we'd be better lining up as a 433 though with Bird in the middle of the three. Allows Shinnie to go aggressively press, gives Bird more space to get on the ball and allows Watson to get involved in the build up more rather than playing in flat lines.

6 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

I’m on nights tonight. Was going to stay awake and watch the game.

After seeing that team, I’m going to get my pyjamas on and go bed. 

Well you can fall asleep listening to us again... I know I probably will after last two matches and this lineup ain’t the best going forward other than maybe Byrne and watson... ? 

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Roos

Byrne.  Wisdom Clarke Buchanan 

Bird 

Knight Watson Shinnie 

Richards jozwiak 

Think you will find Shinnie holds with Bird further forward...

I am quietly looking forward to seeing both Bird and Watson start in the same team. From the bits we've seen of them two in tandem they look like they are on the same wavelength and have the ability to really control the game, with Shinnie in there to give a bit of extra energy and solidity. 

This line up looks like a step in the right direction in terms of getting a better balance to the side.

23 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Better from Rooney but not quite there. Knight shouldn't be on the wing. Is this also the strongest bench we've had all season.

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak   Watson   Knight

Kazim

Where should Knight be in your opinion ?

3 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Completely agreed RE the team and Knight, for whatever reason he seems very hesitant to drop him and doesn't seem to like to not have one "grafter" on a wing. Think we'd be better lining up as a 433 though with Bird in the middle of the three. Allows Shinnie to go aggressively press, gives Bird more space to get on the ball and allows Watson to get involved in the build up more rather than playing in flat lines.

I don't think Watson's good enough defensively to play in a 433 yet. There's less defensive responsibility for him when playing in a 4231. It's the same reason I can't see Sibley in a 433 yet

Archived