v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Playing with only 7 defensive players will leave us far too open against the mighty Brentford. So we must go.. 352 with

Roos 

Mengi.   Clarke.   Edmundsun

Byrne Shinnie Bangme Max Lee B

Wisdom  Knight 

They won't be expecting that.... ?

Too much attacking with that setup.

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Mengi   Clarke   Forsyth

McDonald   Shinnie   Knight   Buchanan

Wisdom

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've saved myself 30 quid over the last 3 games and missed 1 point and no goals.

I'll be back on the Now TV bonus* stream for this one. More exciting now as we've played ourselves back into a relegation fight. Brentford seem to have taken over our bottlers tag now, so perhaps we can get a surprise point.

*it's like you are being tortured with some pliers, then your kidnapper produces a 'bonus' attachment so he can electrocute you at the same time.

39 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Fair comment re 4-3-3 & Watson/Shinnie, suspect Watson would end up a bit deeper if Brentford dominate the ball and he does seem to enjoy drifting into midfield spaces.

Also see the sense in being disciplined on Tuesday with a 3-5-2. My main concern is confidence seems low & we're quite likely to concede early given Brentford's quality which destroys the game plan (given our dismal record of comebacks this season). I'd also quite like to see us play some football!

Oh I completely agree that's why I wouldn't go ultra defensive or anything as it's a fools errand but maybe just that touch of extra solidity against a good side whilst still getting more footballers and attack minded players in there.

No idea which tactics to use in this game but I would take a point now. Not exactly buzzing for this one, we need to hive off Toney and comb through our players in training to see who is up for it. A draw would bee very nice. We are on a wing and a prayer but maybe Lawrence could waggle through their defence and pot one in from 25 yards  Waspish displays from our midfielders are needed and we must seek to fly down the wings and sting them on the break.

Roos

Byrne               Wisdom                    Clarke       Buchanan

Shinnie              Edmundson

Roberts                               Watson                        Lawrence

CKR/ Waggy

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

No idea which tactics to use in this game but I would take a point now. Not exactly buzzing for this one, we need to hive off Toney and comb through our players in training to see who is up for it. A draw would bee very nice. We are on a wing and a prayer but maybe Lawrence could waggle through their defence and pot one in from 25 yards  Waspish displays from our midfielders are needed and we must seek to fly down the wings and sting them on the break.

Beehive yersen!

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Too much attacking with that setup.

Roos

Byrne   Edmundson   Mengi   Clarke   Forsyth

McDonald   Shinnie   Knight   Buchanan

Wisdom

I'd probably drop Knight in favour of Marshall. We might not win, but I'd sure as hell laugh if we watched him trying to make a diving save in the centre circle ?

Let's just comfort ourselves with the fact that when we play teams higher up the table we generally bring them down to our level and do quite well against them. 

Hoping it will be no different again. 

When we play, the first goal is oh so vital. 

We, get it we usual get something.

Go behind and its usually a defeat. 

Com'n boy's up and at em. We need points

Archived