v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

4 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Oooh. 

Soccerbase has Tom on 0.17 league goals per game across his career. So we should be due 1 by the end of the season. 

Make it count Tom..... Be gutting if you popped a consolation in for a 1-4 defeat or something ?

On the bench apparently....not sure we need him with all that creativity and goal threat already in the team though ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Bucho

Knight   Bird

Waghorn   Naughty Tom   Sibbo

Kazim

I was going to suggest this team but @Ghost of Cloughhas more or less already done it so I won't bother. Actually i will but I'll swap Naughty Tom with Sibbo so it's a bit different.

More changes needed here after yet another insipid, toothless performance... we need to inject some creativity into the team somehow:

Marshall

Wisdom Mengi Clarke

Byrne Watson Sibley Buchanan

Roberts Waghorn

Kazim-Richards

May as well restore Marshall now he’s fit, since Roos isn’t coming off the back of a worldie this time. Going to need players good on the ground against Brentford, so I’d bring Wisdom in for Edmundson. Major changes come in midfield. Shinnie and Knight is too defensive as a partnership, and lacks in technical ability - so I’d give Watson and Sibley a go in that area from the start, to try and support the attack and add some extra creativity. Forsyth isn’t mobile enough for the wing back role, so Buchanan returns. Jozwiak has had a string of ineffective performances, so I’d give Roberts another chance to try and inject some quality in the final third. Kazim-Richards hasn’t looked himself recently either, but he will have to continue as we don’t really have any other viable options.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

More changes needed here after yet another insipid, toothless performance... we need to inject some creativity into the team somehow:

Marshall

Wisdom Mengi Clarke

Byrne Watson Sibley Buchanan

Roberts Waghorn

Kazim-Richards

May as well restore Marshall now he’s fit, since Roos isn’t coming off the back of a worldie this time. Going to need players good on the ground against Brentford, so I’d bring Wisdom in for Edmundson. Major changes come in midfield. Shinnie and Knight is too defensive as a partnership, and lacks in technical ability - so I’d give Watson and Sibley a go in that area from the start, to try and support the attack and add some extra creativity. Forsyth isn’t mobile enough for the wing back role, so Buchanan returns. Jozwiak has had a string of ineffective performances, so I’d give Roberts another chance to try and inject some quality in the final third. Kazim-Richards hasn’t looked himself recently either, but he will have to continue as we don’t really have any other viable options.

The jury is still out on Mengi for me and Waggers has had more than his fair share of chances...

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

The jury is still out on Mengi for me and Waggers has had more than his fair share of chances...

I rate him, excellent on the ball. Have to remember he’s only 18. Think Waghorn has become a bit of a scapegoat to be honest, he’s been no worse than anyone else, and we don’t have a wealth of options...

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I rate him, excellent on the ball. Have to remember he’s only 18. Think Waghorn has become a bit of a scapegoat to be honest, he’s been no worse than anyone else, and we don’t have a wealth of options...

I hope Mengi becomes the next Tomori but Waggers has been consistently poor for the last couple of months....I think Sibley should play just off CKR, like he did at Brum...

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I hope Mengi becomes the next Tomori but Waggers has been consistently poor for the last couple of months....I think Sibley should play just off CKR, like he did at Brum...

Can see the argument for that, but I want more attackers in the team - so having Sibley driving from midfield would allow an extra forward in the side.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

For those of us pining for the the return of our saviour Tom Lawrence, my scan of his impact on results this season shows....

League starts 11, d6 l5

Sub appearances 2, d1 l1

Unused sub 1.

I wouldn't be holding my breath boys and girls.... ?

Dont hold it Wayne just said he is fit enough to be in the squad but not to start the game. So we may see him for a few minutes late in the game. 

Gawd didn’t even realise who we were playing till looking at this thread. Although I actually think we have more of a chance of winning this game then against the likes of cov and millwall. Either that or we will lose 3-0 ha! 

Can’t see us getting anything from this. If we do steal a win it would be great to go in to the international break on a positive note. The despicable performances/results against Coventry and Milwall really have put us in the mud. 

My team:

Roos

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan

Shinnie

Sibley   Bird

Roberts     CKR      Lawrence

Not really fussed on Wisdom or Edmundson. Knight needs to come out of the team for a few games so Bird comes in. Think he's better further forward. Sadly there's more chance of Bielik starting than Sibley but I'd have Sibley in my team every single day over what other options we've got. I've not seen enough over the last 4 years to show me that Lawrence is the answer to our problems but Joz and Waghorn have got to come out of the team so he starts due to default.

Stating the obvious but we really need at least a point tonight. If Birmingham win tomorrow and get the new manager bounce I'll really start to panic. Think Wycombe and Wednesday are as good as gone.

Archived