v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Better from Rooney but not quite there. Knight shouldn't be on the wing. Is this also the strongest bench we've had all season.

Roos

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan

Bird Shinnie

Jozwiak   Watson   Knight

Kazim

I would play either Bird or Watson not both. I think we’ll suffer out of possession 

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

bench.

I'd have to say I think he has not performed this season IMO, however I believe he makes the team based on his energy. I would personally have Sibley in, but he does not give the same defensive attributes that Knight does, which is probably what is needed in our circumstances.

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I would play either Bird or Watson not both. I think we’ll suffer out of possession 

Bird's amongst the best in our sqaud at winning the ball back. In fact, I think it's currently only Shinnie who wins the ball back more often than Bird, and that's only by the smallest of margins. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bird's amongst the best in our sqaud at winning the ball back. In fact, I think it's currently only Shinnie who wins the ball back more often than Bird, and that's only by the smallest of margins. 

Hope you’re right. I always see Knight as being the best ball winner but he’ll be stranded out on the flank 

Could be Knight central and Watson left wing? Would expect Roo to match up with Brentford and go 4-3-3.

Square pegs whatever he chooses.

Too many changes game after game now, how are people supposed to get any consistenecy? Switching partners, different roles and responsibilities each game. I know a few have dipped in form but just put your strongest team out.

Selections resemble an under pressure manager at times throwing everyhing at it to see if anything sticks. Tonight almost looks like he's decided not to utilise the players he brought in on loan, and go with ours instead. 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Come on you Rams. Let’s be having a win. Please. For me. Any size will do

One of those thingys when the ball goes in the net would be nice

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

And I'm guessing with Sibley as well and  Bird as the CDM ?

Fair enough but not very lightweight.

That's the best trio we have at the moment. Bielik gets in when fully fit, with any of those 3 taking up the other 2 CM positions - similar to how we used Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson.

2 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

I'd have to say I think he has not performed this season IMO, however I believe he makes the team based on his energy. I would personally have Sibley in, but he does not give the same defensive attributes that Knight does, which is probably what is needed in our circumstances.

he was performing at the start of the season in CM. Think he's played pretty much every game though and looks a bit tired in my opinion. 

Can't fault his energy & willingness, and don't want to sound like i'm moaning about him in any way because i'm not, but he just doesn't have enough quality. 

13 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

@SaintRam gets my vote

Hah, maybe in future seasons when my attitude can reset.

Right now it'd just be sighing for 30 minutes and then getting up and walking away to do something more productive. ? Haven't watched a full game in months.

Once again, duck knows what formation we’re playing tonight. Think Shinnie and Knight are very lucky to keep their places after a string of poor performances, same with Jozwiak and arguably Kazim-Richards too. Surprised he hasn’t restored his number one in Marshall yet either. 

Delighted for Watson getting his first senior start though, and good to see Lawrence back in the squad.

Archived