Liam Delap

David

Because a teenager taking an opportunity to work for one of the greatest coaches of a generation, Pep Guardiola, at what is currently one of the top clubs in Europe is a real insult to Derby.

Get over it. 

EDIT: This was in response to the door shut comment earlier in the thread, forgot to quote.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

20 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

No thanks, once you walk away, the door should remain permanently shut imo 

Champions of England for however many of the recent years, playing under a legendary coach of this generation. 

Derby got a fair amount for him too given he wasn't anywhere near the first team yet. 

I'd question a players ambition if he turned down one of the 'Big 4' when they hadn't even broken in the Derby team. 

2 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

It's a yes from me. The lad will play for England one day... and he's exactly the kind of striker this team needs (tall, strong, good in the air). It's just a shame he felt that moving to Man City instead of getting some first team experience with us first was a better career move. He'd have gained more experience. We'd have possibly got more in the way of a transfer fee. Oh well. That's football nowadays I guess... the call of big teams and more money is hard to turn down for players (and agents...).

Play for England? Based on what exactly?

Would have him in a heartbeat. Has the potential to improve our first team in the way Wilson and Tomori did. 

He may have chosen to leave but the quality he has, we'd (fans) be daft to turn our noses up and miss out on a player who could help us push for top 6 next season. 

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Play for England? Based on what exactly?

Just from what I've seen of him when he was with our academy. By far the most 'complete' striker we've had at that level in a long time and hasn't looked out of his depth when he's made the odd appearance for City. Just my opinion though... I should have said 'in my opinion, the lad will play for England one day'.

Sith Happens
On 11/03/2021 at 15:33, Keepyuppy said:

No thanks, once you walk away, the door should remain permanently shut imo 

steve-mcclaren-mouth-open-newcastle-unit

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

I wonder if he can make it long like his dad. I remember that was his secret weapon when he was here. 

178e2a35bf76051a5521f995d553e237--kennet