Liam Delap

David

23 hours ago, cannable said:

With him and Gordon I just have an overriding sense of “duck ‘em”. 

And if he scores 20 for another Championship side? I’m a petty enough man to cut my nose off to spite my face.

Made me laugh mate. I admire your honesty.

I'm pretty ambivalent myself. Not so much where Gordon is concerned but Delap kinda blotted his copybook with his petulant behaviour when he came back with Citeh's U23s. Lashed out at one of ours for literally no reason at all and got himself sent off. Having netted a hattrick and come up through the ranks here, I'd have liked to see him show a bit more class but then I guess in some ways I'm pretty old-fashioned.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Made me laugh mate. I admire your honesty.

I'm pretty ambivalent myself. Not so much where Gordon is concerned but Delap kinda blotted his copybook with his petulant behaviour when he came back with Citeh's U23s. Lashed out at one of ours for literally no reason at all and got himself sent off. Having netted a hattrick and come up through the ranks here, I'd have liked to see him show a bit more class but then I guess in some ways I'm pretty old-fashioned.

I've not seen such disrespect from one so young since I saw Jack Grealish gobbing off at an official for ruling him offside (he blatantly was offside) in an U18 game (may have been an U21's at the time) against us a number of year back.

6 hours ago, Coconut said:

I've not seen such disrespect from one so young since I saw Jack Grealish gobbing off at an official for ruling him offside (he blatantly was offside) in an U18 game (may have been an U21's at the time) against us a number of year back.

The problem with Grealish is he believes his own gripe (sic). 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Real Madrid linked with a move for Delap today. Any decent transfer fee could be pretty good news for us assuming we have a substantial sell on clause. 

Did we negotiate a transfer, or was it based on a standard compensation clause for a player that age? If it's the latter, would we still get a sell-on fee? 

@Ghost of Clough, do you know?

50 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just wanted to say this rumour puts into perspective some of the comments about a possible loan return to Derby. Delap is out of our league (literally!) 

Although I do agree with @86 Hair Islands about his disgraceful behaviour when they played us recently. 

If City really want him around, perhaps us waiving our sell-on to get him on loan for next season would complete the deal. 

It would be stupid on our part, of course, but definitely something I could see us doing. 

On 30/03/2021 at 20:39, Footymum2017 said:

Sorry i don’t know the answer to that one although I can’t imagine that there wasn’t some sort of sell on clause. 

@Footymum2017 I haven't seen you post anything that is clearly untrue.

I do not know why some on here feel the need to attack you, be sarcastic or derogatory in other ways.

You would think they'd all welcome someone with links to the club and who is ITK on many aspects.

Feel assured that some of us appreciate the information that you bring to the forum. Thank you.

On 31/03/2021 at 08:22, angieram said:

Maybe I'm being too hopeful but if he's half as good as the potential suggests wouldn't we rather he gets a few years at City and then moves for mega-bucks? Wouldn't have thought Madrid would shell out more than a few million at this point would they?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Maybe I'm being too hopeful but if he's half as good as the potential suggests wouldn't we rather he gets a few years at City and then moves for mega-bucks? Wouldn't have thought Madrid would shell out more than a few million at this point would they?

£54m for Jovic from Frankfurt, £45m on Eder Militao from Porto, £36m for Rodrygo from Santos, £31.5m for Vinicius from Flamengo over recent seasons. For Man City to sell him, you'd be looking in that sort of ball park.

Or do what Liverpool have done recently. Loan him out a couple of time before selling for £20.30m (Brewster, Solanke, Ibe)

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£54m for Jovic from Frankfurt, £45m on Eder Militao from Porto, £36m for Rodrygo from Santos, £31.5m for Vinicius from Flamengo over recent seasons. For Man City to sell him, you'd be looking in that sort of ball park.

All of those players had significant first team time under their belts before those fees - So I still think City would need to play him for a couple of seasons before they could hope for a fee like that

• 3 months later...