Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, vonwright said:

Yep. How many of our players are objectively very good? I know we want to think Bird, Knight, Sibley etc are great but we aren't seeing it week to week on the pitch. The fact CKR has looked so good is at least partly because the general bar is pretty low, and has been for a while. It's interesting to think how we'd have done under Lampard without Mount, Tomori and Wilson. In truth the squad wasn't strong even then.

We have had a gradual decline in quality for a while but the youngsters are learning as we go, sometimes they are good sometimes not but we always need our better players to be playing well or we really struggle. 
most of the championship is of a poor average apart from the relagated parachute teams who no longer need new recruits to get promoted again due to the standards declining 

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Watson reminds me of bird when he first came in last year 

Bird was playing in a side which controlled possession and always had team mates showing for the ball. Bird had a forward pass on most of the team.

He hasn't had that luxury under Rooney. Watson, as an unknown quantity, gets the space by default.

It also helps having a more balanced midfield than Bird-Shinnie-Waghorn. All 3 of Bird, Knight and Watson are comfortable on the ball. Just like when we had Rooney in there instead of Watson (or Sibley for Knight) for the 2nd half of last season. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

About to start cooking a carbonara. My shoes and socks will have to wait for another day. 

Raw egg, Parmesan, Pancetta?  Lots of olive oil and black pepper. Drop of reserved pasta water drizzled over the egg to finish off? Dry Sauvignon blanc nicely chilled. 

Archived