Frank Lampard

Day

Good old frankie , the gift that just keeps giving ,,, when your feeling down and disapointed with a derby result along comes a frankie interview after a loss to cheer you up a bit , 3 games 3 losses , he says it wasn’t a chelsea performance,, too right but it was a lampard at the wheel performing 😂

11 hours ago, Archied said:

Good old frankie , the gift that just keeps giving ,,, when your feeling down and disapointed with a derby result along comes a frankie interview after a loss to cheer you up a bit , 3 games 3 losses , he says it wasn’t a chelsea performance,, too right but it was a lampard at the wheel performing 😂

Supposedly Boehly was told he had to get Frank to arrest the slide. It clearly wasn’t made clear that it was Thomas Frank that was needed.

9 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Room for improvement?

There's always room for improvement 😉, But, If reports are correct you shouldn't have the owner walking into the Chelsea dressing room and telling the players their season has been "embarrassing" after their defeat to Brighton...one sure quick fire way of losing the said dressing room...also reports saying that chubby comedian 😁 James Corden advising Todd Boehly that he should re employ fat Frank as interim boss.

I mean would you ask for advice from Millenniumram concerning a longer contract extension for Paul Warne 😁   

Well Chelsea's pathetic display against Real Madrid in the Champions League just proves to me how rubbish Lampard is as a manager over the last 16 games as Everton/Chelsea manager I think he as won 1 game, if I was Lampard I would pack up now as a manager and go back to been a tv pundit, I still believe with the players he had at Derby we should have got automatic promotion. I would be interested in anyone else's opinion's on Lampard. Do you rate him as a manager? 

Obviously like many Derby fans I have a lingering slight annoyance at how him stringing us along helped to undermine our summer and the following season but I don't really wish the guy any ill. I do think though that once again we are seeing that one of the outstanding players of his generation does not a great manager make. The likes of Frank seem to get far more slack than less illustrious names though and what has he actually achieved in management ? Precious little really. Frank Smith the competent (and invented) ex Doncaster midfielder would be nowhere near these jobs. These celebrity appointments might get some initial slack from players based on their achievements as players but kicking a ball into a net a lot doesn't make you a great motivator or tactician.