v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

According to the BBC it was an inspired display by Marshall that nearly earned us a point. Makes it sound like they battered us, I don't remember it that way at all. 

Made one save? Did some other regulation goalkeeping, not at fault for the goal...

Conclusion, weren't even watching the match but going off updates from someone else...

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game, But saw the goal on Sky, Poor defending there imo, Most on here are saying we should have had a free kick leading to their goal, Ref never gave it so you play on, Lack of discapline there for me.

Ref makes it 5mins added time, It's a Minimum of 5mins, They score in the 6th minute and we lose.

Only one person cost us the game Waghorn, Most on here saying definate Red Card, Yes it's hard to take after battling for 70+mins with 10 men, This just goes to show come mid Febuary we'll be looking down on more than enough teams to be safe this season.

Waghorn should be fined the maximum allowed by the club as not only indirectly contributed to us losing the game he now is unavailable for other games. Which may be a blessing depending on what way you look at things. 

And for those who are griping about refereeing decisions going against us if they're the straws you're going to obstinately clutch to then carry on as we drop down a division if it pleases you. 

18 minutes ago, ck- said:

This is where the referee messed up. That was the only stoppage in injury time. 30s is generally allowed for a substitution. Any more than that and time gets added on. But the substitution only took 45 seconds, so the game should have been ended 15s over the 5 minutes. 

The figure shown at 90 minutes is a minimum. 

Very cruel but can't argue with Waghorn's dismissal. As per usual some extremely dubious refereeing decisions by that buffoon Darren Bond - clearly a free kick should have been awarded for the foul on Sibley prior to PNE's goal.  However, good to see that Rooney started with the same eleven players as we did against Swansea City...on the whole for the final seventy minutes we showed lots of grit and character but there's still the issue of a lack of firepower in front of goal which I'm confident that Rooney will resolve in the January transfer window.

Thought the Waghorn decision was the only decision the ref got right today. And most of the time he just didnr bother making a decision at all - Preston apparently untouchable no matter how many fouls they gave away.

As for the game it was back to being completely impotent in attack again. They get a free pass this time after Waghorns stupidity, but we had Joz completely on his own numerous times with absolutely no support to help him. If Knight wasnt on the pitch Joz would have been the only one doing anything in Prestons side of the pitch.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't understand why we didn't make more substitutions and earlier. 5 lots of fresh legs at various points keeps up the ability to press the ball.

There's very little to be gained in putting on a sub with a minute to go.

Because the subs weren't as good as the players on the pitch. 

It’s quite hard to look at the Jozwiak foul and the Sibleys challenge side by side and work out how the ref made his decision for each one.

Shockingly poor decisions, that you can tell from his body language alone he wasn’t able to explain to Shinnie at HT or Rooney at FT

Just now, B4ev6is said:

I am no were near carmed down yet thanks a lot ref I hope you can sleep at night if waghorn was a send so was there on richard high boot in the air on him. Oh no dont see that do you.

I don't think any of us saw that. I've not seen it mentioned before.

Sending off - correct decision

Time added on - correct decision

"foul" on Jozwiak by Fisher that wasn't given and would have seen him sent off - not sure, probably correct decision

General lack of bookings - Probably wrong decision

"Foul" just before the goal - wrong decision

The best thing to say about today is that it has reinforced what a good blend we have in midfield if we choose to continue with 4-3-3.

Those three seem to all be able to defend and attack - a rarity in DCFC recent history.

We all feel like someone has nailed us with a gut punch when we had kept our elbows in at the same time as trying to throw the big right hand, but that performance replicated 20 times will make us safe well before the end of April.

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Correct - do not take off CKR at that point in the game.

First tactical mistake Rooney has made.

Time added on, lost our out ball and and JHI was poor defensively in that build up.

(I’m not excusing the ref mistake which was a shocker as well)

Never take off a striker who can hold the ball up in a tight game. Also a mistake to take Joswiack off.

Archived