v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

Good game!

...Well that was... Anti-climatic.

Would of been nice to get a win before Christmas but oh well, what can you do, eh? Bloody COVID.

Our next game is at home to Preston North End, who last beat Bristol City at home 1-0.

26th December - Boxing Day. 3pm KO

Just want to also take this time to wish you lot a very Merry Christmas! and I hope we can get a win on Boxing Day to round off a completely different Christmas... 

COME ON YOU RAMS!

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

After the euphoria of Swansea anyone else find this weekend a huge anti-climax?

Typical of our season so far. We play our best game of football and build some good confidence, then get an extended break. Rather than giving the players a much needed rest, it actually is a detriment as it knocks the confidence a little bit.

Still, here’s hoping the boys are fully charged and ready to go!

3 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Typical of our season so far. We play our best game of football and build some good confidence, then get an extended break. Rather than giving the players a much needed rest, it actually is a detriment as it knocks the confidence a little bit.

I’m not sure how not even playing can knock their confidence.

To look at it from a different angle, to play a struggling Rotherham so soon after such a fine performance may have led to over confidence and complacency. (Desperately clutching at straws here for any positives).

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

To look at it from a different angle, to play a struggling Rotherham so soon after such a fine performance may have led to over confidence and complacency. (Desperately clutching at straws here for any positives).

The lads put a lot into the Swansea game. 

Might have been tricky trying to get back up to that level of performance three days later. 

Nice rest. The memory of success will still be fresh when we play Preston. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Yeah, I don’t mind people looking for positives in life. The rest will be good for the players. As a fan I feel lucky in a way that we’ve had a game every 3-4 days for so many weeks. Shame its not always been good quality. At least we’re all looking up and a bit more optimistically at the team now

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Dead right ! .. and we have no new injuries, those with knocks get a chance to heal. Colin the King gets to rest those aging legs. .. you want straws, I’ve got loads, bendy, plastic, stainless steel, cardboard, roll up roll up ?

4 hours ago, r4derby said:

Spot on. Hopefully they'll come back all cylinders firing and carry on where they left off. 

More momentum is a very good thing. Would rather have gone into this game having beaten Rotherham and out of the bottom three at Xmas. PNE are a very tricky side. Do not let them get the first goal especially against the run of play. If we score first, I think we will win the game by one or two goals 

Archived