v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think any of us saw that. I've not seen it mentioned before.

Sending off - correct decision

Time added on - correct decision

"foul" on Jozwiak by Fisher that wasn't given and would have seen him sent off - not sure, probably correct decision

General lack of bookings - Probably wrong decision

"Foul" just before the goal - wrong decision

Well I saw it and more dangerous than waghorn ever was.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Nothing wrong with the refereeing today, it's a poor excuse.

When you've all calmed down, you'll see this for yourself.

Tend to agree. He wasn’t as bad as we’ve seen. Perhaps could’ve protected Jozwiak a bit more but that’s about it. 

This is all on Waghorn. I hope Rooney is as furious with him as I am. 

2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I wouldn't say 'nothing wrong'. Some things could have gone our way but didn't. That's life.

However, the result was self-inflicted. No amount of blaming the ref is going to cover that up.

We have to stop banging on bout the ref, yea he was poor, as poor as I’ve seen.  But we held them with 10 men well despite him.

For the goal he had enough time to control the ball, tee it up and shoot completely unchallenged inside our area, nobody even tried to close him down. And this , ultimately is why we lost. This is what I’m most annoyed about.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Its cost us 1 point, plain and simple.

No excuse.

We were not good enough for 3 points but if ref does his job properly today, we get 1 point minimum.

As someone alluded to earlier, it’s all about the reaction now.

This is Rooney’s first big test.

If Rooney wants to secure the job, he has to show he and the team can respond to adversity.

4 or 6 points from the next two and I think he’ll have a very good case for taking the job permanently.

But it’s on a knife edge. Two poor results in the next week and suddenly the picture would look a lot different, especially given we have now dropped points in the last 10 minutes of three separate home games.

Those five points could be the difference between us staying up and finishing 22nd.

10 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

The best thing to say about today is that it has reinforced what a good blend we have in midfield if we choose to continue with 4-3-3.

Those three seem to all be able to defend and attack - a rarity in DCFC recent history.

We all feel like someone has nailed us with a gut punch when we had kept our elbows in at the same time as trying to throw the big right hand, but that performance replicated 20 times will make us safe well before the end of April.

Before Rooney, I think we would have been hammered today. We have fighting spirit and need to match cynical fouls from the opposition otherwise they just keep doing it. Just spread them round to protect Knight and Joswiack. Joswiack has energy but looks more dangerous than he actually is in reality 

Archived