v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bit strange to comment on someone questioning the referee when you have not watched the match though.

It's a bit strange people commenting on the takeover but there's 200+ pages of opinions, Questions, Comments, ITKs, And I doubt that there was one poster who was/is involved in the negotiations,

I read the match day threads, I get peoples perceptions of how those involved have fared, I can give an opinion on what I have read, Is this to difficult for you to understand.

9 minutes ago, James Pond said:

It's a bit strange people commenting on the takeover but there's 200+ pages of opinions, Questions, Comments, ITKs, And I doubt that there was one poster who was/is involved in the negotiations,

I read the match day threads, I get peoples perceptions of how those involved have fared, I can give an opinion on what I have read, Is this to difficult for you to understand.

Yeah its difficult to understand you advising a poster to invest in Sky TV if he wants to see a bad refereeing display, compared to a referee thar you have not watched.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah its difficult to understand you advising a poster to invest in Sky TV if he wants to see a bad refereeing display, compared to a referee thar you have not watched.

Interesting that you've not replied to the quote you've quoted, But replied to a quote of mine to another poster.

Maybe it is to difficult for you to understand.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Fantastic performance. Shame about what happened at the end. We deserved the win and Preston should be embarrassed that a team with 10 men can outplay them like that. We continue with that level of effort and we'll finish the season 4 wins off sixth. 

We didn’t deserve any win but we didn’t deserve to lose.

Tactically Rooney got it wrong at the end.

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I think it could be. No Waghorn for three games. Only a few days before the next match. CKR looked tired in the 2nd half as did a couple of others. Playing with ten men is hard work so fitness could be tricky - although the postponement and extra subs could mitigate this. Worrying knock to Bielik. No disasters, but lots of challenges. We know the players have the ability to be terrible and the blow from today could destroy their fragile confidence. It's Rooney's first test as a manager.

I honestly think that the Birmingham match is crucial. I'm certainly not being negative - I think that Rooney will sort this and we'll be stronger for it. But defeat against Birmingham and this looks like the end of the new manager bounce.

definitely not a sucker-punch and should not damage confidence   The squad know they were one down, played well and that they were far better man for man than Preston. And smart of Rooney to say afterwards that it was the performance of the season. In terms of effort, it was. We'll miss Waggie, he has done well last couple of games. But Tom is now playing for a place and that is when he's at his best. We've got decent depth in the squad. This team is not going down !

36 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I doubt Rooney thinks this squad is good enough and almost nobody seems to be saying that on here so I'm curious to know who you actually think has been woken up?

there are plenty of people that don't seem to think we need to spend money Bob, there are some that think this is a playoff squad, it was said earlier before the game. We are where we are on merit, the only difference since rooney has come in is that rooney is not in the team - that is why we have improved

59 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Does anyone know why the pitch looks so atrocious this season? Thought it looked really bad and getting worse - I know times are tough, but we've usually had a great team looking after the pitch.

I love the fact that our pitch is dreadful, we are playing with a big lump up front and 3 busy players in midfield smashing into people. 
Wazzaball truly has galvanized them...having said that, what was Waghorn doing.? Straight red every day of the week. Idiot. 

1 minute ago, wollatonram said:

there are plenty of people that don't seem to think we need to spend money Bob, there are some that think this is a playoff squad, it was said earlier before the game. We are where we are on merit, the only difference since rooney has come in is that rooney is not in the team - that is why we have improved

I'm sure we'd all love money to be spent. The issue is, though, that there has to be at least a smidgen of doubt that there is any money at all to spend.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The figure shown at 90 minutes is a minimum. 

Yes. But it’s the time as it stood at 90 minutes. Anything above that is what occurs in extra time. And I don’t think there were sufficient stoppages to warrant the amount of time above the 5 minutes. 

Archived