v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Nothing wrong with the refereeing today, it's a poor excuse.

When you've all calmed down, you'll see this for yourself.

Garbage.

Waghorn cost us the game today, but the ref allowed them to get away with foul after foul before eventually booking their player.

Jozwiak spoke to the ref after the 2nd foul by the same player, yet it took 2 more before he booked him.

This automatically lets players know that they can get away with a few fouls before the ref will do anything and this stops any creative football in it's track.

The player that manhandled Knight to the floor got away with a talking to and should have seen yellow.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Agree with a lot of the posts in this thread, but again find myself feeling that the reaction to that performance and result would have been wildly different had it been Cocu in charge.

Why?

There is none of the tippy tappy passing among the defence and midfield that we saw under Cocu.

Didnt create much today but that was more down to having 10 men than complete lack of enterprise.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Agree with a lot of the posts in this thread, but again find myself feeling that the reaction to that performance and result would have been wildly different had it been Cocu in charge.

For a good reason after being here for over a year, his management leading to us playing turgid football and us being on a shambolic points total. Don't mention Cocu please, still trying to forget about him as manager. Cocu had alot of stuff go against him but with the points total and style of play we had, it was not acceptable circumstances accounted for. 

Could have grabbed someone from Tesco pre match, put them in a referee kit and they would have done better than the ref today.

As for the performance A+ for effort, Bielik yet again immense, stomach dropped when he was on the floor holding his knee.

Jozwiak deserves a special mention as well, kicked all over the pitch today yet carried on, you have to respect the hustle when there’s zero protection from the ref.

Rooney says it’s the performance of the season, I can see why he says that, the players left every drop they had on the pitch today and as a fan that’s all you can ask for.

My worry is we’ve left too much on the pitch with a quick turn around of important games. Preston made 4 changes, we was still running ourselves into the ground, Sibley finally came on and it took Colin to get cramp before Hector Ingram bagged himself was should have been a minute on the pitch, he got a little longer though because, well the ref found some extra time for Preston to bag the winner.

Just a bit deflated, didn’t deserve to lose today. 

Waghorn, have a word with yourself tonight. The red card was about the only decision the ref actually got right today.

15 minutes ago, Old Sawley Popside said:

Very cruel but can't argue with Waghorn's dismissal. As per usual some extremely dubious refereeing decisions by that buffoon Darren Bond - clearly a free kick should have been awarded for the foul on Sibley prior to PNE's goal.  However, good to see that Rooney started with the same eleven players as we did against Swansea City...on the whole for the final seventy minutes we showed lots of grit and character but there's still the issue of a lack of firepower in front of goal which I'm confident that Rooney will resolve in the January transfer window.

Can someone explain to me, why does the EFL select a Ref from Lancshire with one of the teams coming from Lancshire. Surely the Ref should be chosen from a neutral area. Darren Bond was awful today, though I agree Waghorn's tackle was a bad one and normally merits a red card, I have seen yellow given before in similar fouls. Rooney wasn#t happy today, along with thousands of Rams fans.

13 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I wouldn't say 'nothing wrong'. Some things could have gone our way but didn't. That's life.

However, the result was self-inflicted. No amount of blaming the ref is going to cover that up.

Nobody is saying, it's all the ref's fault and nothing to do with Waghorn. I don't think anyone is trying to cover up anything in their criticism of the ref. He was shocking AND Waghorn cost us. The two things are not mutually exclusive in any way. The Waghorn red was of course completely avoidable. The refereeing performance, anything but.

A loss today feels bad, but we were up against it after going down to 10 men. Just have to forget about it if possible and move on to the next and make sure we win. Performances become irrelevant now, with us being 3rd bottom at the half way stage just need to focus on grinding out as many wins as we possibly can and then add 1 or 2 new players in January. Beat Birmingham and today is forgotten, just have to make sure we put in 100% and play positive football that suits our strengths like against Swansea and we should stay up. Only thing I worry about is the depth in certain areas is paper thin and we can not really rely too much on squad players in a fight at the bottom, may need to bring in a couple of players even on loan for depth of quality in attack. We have Ibe who can make a difference but he needs to play of course. 

52 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The allocated time for a substitute in 30 seconds. He played over a minute extra.

That's a guideline, and I'll have a look over the laws of the game later to see if I can even find anything referencing the 30 second 'allocated time'. 

I can't recall seeing it, off the top of my head. 

29 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I’m not so certain that it’s going to be such a sucker-punch. The players will feel they lost because of injustice rather than any particular mistakes they made, which could be motivating.

I think it could be. No Waghorn for three games. Only a few days before the next match. CKR looked tired in the 2nd half as did a couple of others. Playing with ten men is hard work so fitness could be tricky - although the postponement and extra subs could mitigate this. Worrying knock to Bielik. No disasters, but lots of challenges. We know the players have the ability to be terrible and the blow from today could destroy their fragile confidence. It's Rooney's first test as a manager.

I honestly think that the Birmingham match is crucial. I'm certainly not being negative - I think that Rooney will sort this and we'll be stronger for it. But defeat against Birmingham and this looks like the end of the new manager bounce.

Really unlucky today. 11 v 11 we win that game comfortably. Still deserved a point, limited Preston to very little. Looked a threat going forward even with 10 men but being critical made some poor decisions in the final third that cost us chances and with 10 men we had to be even more clinical. But ultimately the disadvantage of only having 10 players meant we were unable to build any sustained pressure to increase our chances of winning the game.

Can understand why Rooney didn’t make subs until late in the game, the shape was good and we were dealing with Preston. Ideally he would’ve left Kazim on all game but he could barely walk by the end. Shows we need strengthening in that area to take the load of him.

We can say it’s our fault for being in the championship that we get poo refs but the standard they are currently setting is unacceptable. Darren Bond gave one of the worst reffing performances I’ve seen today. Extremely inconsistent and mostly against us. He was spot on with the red card but the foul against Jozwiak when he was through on goal was laughable, the number of lives he gave Preston players without booking them particularly Fisher, then his crowning glory not giving the absolutely blatant, stonewall, cast iron foul on Sibley which led to Preston winning the game. This game is another one in the bank where we haven’t had the rub of the green and if these truly even themselves out then we must have multiple dubious penalties and offside goals due us in second half of the season.

However, the biggest single reason for the result today is a brainless tackle from Waggy which has cost us big time!

Its done, we move on to two more tough but very winnable games. Lots of positives again and with this level of performance we  will get the results needed to pull. There are lots of teams in this league who are worst than us - Preston included. 

11 minutes ago, James Pond said:

May I suggest you invest in Either Sky Sports or BT Sports, Our officials in the division above are as incompetent as anywhere else in the English game.

Thanks for the response, not at all patronising.

Have you heard of VAR?

43 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

key word "almost"

1 point is a decent result with 10 men, 0 points is not, people can blame whatever they want but it comes down to these players not being good enough and us having no goal threat

you can cherry pick the last 7 games but what about the 7 before that.

I get that but the previous 7 were under Cocu. Things have improved massively since then. We're far being anything other than mid table but we're not relegation material imo.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Can someone explain to me, why does the EFL select a Ref from Lancshire with one of the teams coming from Lancshire. Surely the Ref should be chosen from a neutral area. Darren Bond was awful today, though I agree Waghorn's tackle was a bad one and normally merits a red card, I have seen yellow given before in similar fouls. Rooney wasn#t happy today, along with thousands of Rams fans.

#CONSPIRACYTHEORY 

Archived