v Preston North End (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

10 minutes ago, jcidaho said:

In retrospect, taking off Kaz was a contributing factor, he defended those areas where their attacker was able to stream through.. JHI let him past and didn't have the same presence.

What was Shinnie doing, dropping off, covering no-one in the box? If anyone was to blame...

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

The circumstances just mean a lot of folks are peed off with the ref right at the end not giving the foul on Sibley and playing well over the five minutes.

We dropped deep (Shinnie) not pressing/covering that cost us. That could have happened anytime, but didn't.

5 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

I am not even sure Waggy should have been sent off. He played the ball but his foot bounced off the top of the ball and as a result he caught the player. I don’t think it was reckless or malicious.

The only decision he got correct today was the Waghorn one. Studs up, over the ball into the shin. It's a clear cut red 100 times out of 100. It wasn't malicious, but it was absolutely reckless. 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That’s incredibly harsh on Derby 

the referee clearly did not want us to do well - it’s like an EFL conspiracy isn’t it 

four pull backs by fisher  should equal four yellow cards and fouls against us not given in most of the game 

Richards our MoM who did some fantastic work 

Agree with most of this, but Jozwiak was my MOTM by a country mile.

6 minutes ago, ck- said:

This is where the referee messed up. That was the only stoppage in injury time. 30s is generally allowed for a substitution. Any more than that and time gets added on. But the substitution only took 45 seconds, so the game should have been ended 15s over the 5 minutes. 

Of all the things the ref got wrong (the sending off obviously wasn't one of them), I don't really have a gripe with his time keeping.

Nothing to do with the subs. Ref can't ref, he showed his colours in the first half not booking their players early on, letting Preston do as they please, foul after foul after foul and then even Rams TV put up a yellow card for one of their players that he didn't bother booking in the second half before he choose not to give the obvious foul that every one in the world watching saw against Sibley to see the game out for 0-0 a fair result for both sides. Then the Ref had plenty of opportunities to blow for full time as the clock ticked past the 97 minute for a game with 5 minutes extra time.

As soon as @Owen87ITKsaid it would be cruel on Derby to conseed in this game now, everyone of us thought Owen be quiet, because as soon as you say it, think it or type it on here, bang we get shot down once again, in the cruel world of Derby County Football Club.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

The point is, with a competent ref we're never even in a position to do any defending there. With a competent ref, it's game over right there. We defended for 70 minutes and only conceded to a long shot because of poo refereeing. 

With a competent ref they’ve got about 4 yellow cards and both their fullbacks can’t get near our attackers for fear of a second yellow. We can’t rely on competent refs in this division we have to do it without. 

You simply cannot allow their attacker to stroll into the box in that much space and measure up a shot. It can’t be done. 

We were massively hard done by today. Our own worst enemy because 11 men smash them today but the goal is a steep learning curve. 75 minutes of defending like their lives depend on it means nothing if you switch off just once. 

2 minutes ago, Scrumpyram said:

Did you watch the game glass half empty? We almost held on for a draw with 10 and no help from a crap ref. Granted we could do with another striker in January and I'm sure Rooney knows who he wants. There's no way we're going down based on the last 7 games.

key word "almost"

1 point is a decent result with 10 men, 0 points is not, people can blame whatever they want but it comes down to these players not being good enough and us having no goal threat

you can cherry pick the last 7 games but what about the 7 before that.

12 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

He played a minute over the time because our player took his time getting off the pitch for the last sub. 

Typical Derby way to lose the match though. 

But what was going on with Sinclair wandering along the frecking touchline, really do not understand officialdom at times. Too many times, was he off or on the pitch. Dear dear me. 
I’m more frustrated  than disappointed, we didn’t pose a threat when against a very average team I felt we could have caused more even with ten. 
Ok it’s a set back but no one around us took full advantage so not as damaging as could have been. So relieved Bielik ok. ? 

ps Villa did ok with ten so I don’t stick with let’s hold on for a point ethos 

I can hear beer calling.....

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

We dropped deep (Shinnie) not pressing/covering that cost us. That could have happened anytime, but didn't.

Rooney shouldn't of changed it at half time we were still in control with 10 men! Waghorn and Rooney need to take blame. Another 3 points dropped 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

With a competent ref they’ve got about 4 yellow cards and both their fullbacks can’t get near our attackers for fear of a second yellow. We can’t rely on competent refs in this division we have to do it without. 

You simply cannot allow their attacker to stroll into the box in that much space and measure up a shot. It can’t be done. 

We were massively hard done by today. Our own worst enemy because 11 men smash them today but the goal is a steep learning curve. 75 minutes of defending like their lives depend on it means nothing if you switch off just once. 

We should be able to rely on competent refs. That is one of the basic things we should expect and demand. 

Clear foul on Sibley and a yellow card. 

No foul at all by Jozwiak on Fisher in the first half when he was steaming through and the ref gives it.

Complete utter inconsistency is the issue. Its pathetically bad. 

Referee was against us all game, can't complain about the sending off, Waggy can't shoot or tackle with his right foot. But, Jozzy got in behind their defence and was pulled back for a non existent foul, Knight was wrestled to the ground and no card, Sibley was blatently fouled which would have allowed us to see out the game and finally instead of adding an extra 30 seconds on for the late sub, he let them carry on until they scored.

Archived