Running 10k each time Derby don't win in 2021

Sean

Admins/mods, apologies if this is inappropriate or in the wrong place!

As part of a personal mission to make a difference both to myself and others next year, and hopefully to also provide a boost to our local healthcare services, I am committing myself to running 10k each time Derby County fail to win a game (i.e. draw or lose) during 2021. If current form is anything to go by, I'll be stick thin by March!

I have started a GoFundMe page to hopefully do a bit of good while also having a bit of fun following our beloved Rams next year. I struggled to settle on a particular charity to support but have gone with the Derby and Burton Hospital Charity in light of the fantastic work they have done in tough circumstances in 2020. If you would wish to donate and provide me some much-needed motivation I'd appreciate literally anything!

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/running-10k-if-Derby-county-dont-win-dbhc

My other thought was for the Derby City Mission who I know we had done some fundraising for on this forum earlier in the year, please also consider helping their cause if you would prefer;

https://www.derbycitymission.org.uk/

Long and the short of it is...

We're going to make it a good year in 2021. Quote me, screenshot me, @ me.

Edited by Sean

What an absolute donk!  You'll bloody kill yersen!   ?

I'll do the easy bit... for every 10k you run, I'll put a fiver to one side.  At the end of the season... IF you are still alive... I'll split it 50/50 to each of your chosen charities.

Oh... and I think you need to sort out your gofundme link in the OP... The one you have put in is just going to a log in page.  

??

Oops... EDIT... At the end of the calendar year, 2021!  

Edited by Mucker1884

Surely something the club could get behind? "We're just trying really hard to raise the charity money, we thought we might not do it, but we thought of all the hungry children and the fellah doing 6 mile runs and though, yeah, we'd better conceed that last minute equaliser, for the children"

But seriously, good on you, that's a hell of an undertaking given our recent tragectory.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Surely something the club could get behind? "We're just trying really hard to raise the charity money, we thought we might not do it, but we thought of all the hungry children and the fellah doing 6 mile runs and though, yeah, we'd better conceed that last minute equaliser, for the children"

But seriously, good on you, that's a hell of an undertaking given our recent tragectory.

If Waghorn blasts the ball into the roof of our own net in the 90th minute then lifts up his shirt to show a picture of me I'm... not sure how I'd react to that

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh... and I think you need to sort out your gofundme link in the OP... The one you have put in is just going to a log in page.  

Hmm, seems to work for me...

Very generous offer though, thank you ?

Good idea

Very worthy. I do something similar.

I  have a pot of tea and toast the morning after we lose.

And I do the same thing if we draw.

Or if we win.