v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

It’s the Manager’s fault that we carried on playing a system built around a competent #9 after taking CKR off, when it’s abundantly clear that no one else is good enough for the role and ends up with us getting pushed further and further back.

I disagree. Thought all the subs were logical. Thought team justified selection. We lost our way after not being able to finish one of 3 glorious chances. They just went really direct. Should have won. After we don’t bury chances it’s going to be difficult. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Middlesbrough debacle I wrote this about who I think are the weakest players in the team ..... 

Lawrence ... everyone said he’d be our saviour once he was fit .... had these people not been watching the last 2-3 seasons he makes Tom Ince look busy .... the guy has at best 2-3 decent games a season 

Waghorn ... has no business being a lone striker far too lightweight doesn’t get his head up to look at the play going on around him 

Wisdom ... slow and cumbersome has the turning circle of an oil tanker continuously caught out 

My god I wasn’t expecting to be proven correct quite so fast 

Home draw against Wycombe and in the end despite being the better team we were really lucky to have held on 

Can’t win games when the subs are the same rubbish that were taken out for not being good enough

Not sure who would want this job tbh 

Marshall one great save 

wisdom - ok 

davies did well 

Clarke did well

Forsyth did very well 

shinnie - did ok 

Evans - nearly scored but never noticed him otherwise

Holmes - scored but usually made the wrong pass 

Sibley- good energy and should have scored benefited with having Richards on the pitch 

Lawrence- again poor with his passing choices 

Richards - did ok for the team 

subs knight- ok Waghorn - did nothing - jozwiak— looked decent Stetton - nice few minutes for him 

wycome are league one standard and we could be too if we don’t start shooting ( we did at least have some headed chances)

Davies and Forsyth did decent - whilst Holmes and Lawrence lucky to be selected in my opinion but the future isn’t them 

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m certainly not in the ‘we’re doomed camp”

There’s a long way to go before we’re nailed on as some believe. That’s just the frustration coming out.

We have work to do and time to do it in.

There’s too many what if’s left to sort out before we have a clearer picture, but we aren’t doomed.

Had, had , had to win today.  Those side are now in a position where they need to win 50% of there games to be in this league next season . It's December next week and we've scored two at home and got two points.

3 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

I’m certainly not in the ‘we’re doomed camp”

There’s a long way to go before we’re nailed on as some believe. That’s just the frustration coming out.

We have work to do and time to do it in.

There’s too many what if’s left to sort out before we have a clearer picture, but we aren’t doomed.

Can I ask you what teams have come back from this kind of start? Plus we are an absolute circus off the pitch too. I would be amazed if we stay up.

people seem desperate to vent.

we were unlucky and we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front at HT.  Sibbos miss was awful thank god it wasn't one of the normal scapegoats.  We will get better in January as I expect that we will strengthen the forward line.  We need to hang on at the moment and keep the gap as close as possible.  If that means getting a point against the mighty Wycombe so be it.  I wouldnt object to a point against Coventry.  Colin looked great why has he been denied a start in the past

First goal in open play for 3.7 eons, and I go and miss it, as a family group facetime call came through at precisely the wrong moment!

When the call ended, I came back on laptop... just in time to see their equaliser!

If Carlsberg tasted like piss... etc... 

?

I though that was quite a lot better. 

We only need to be about 10% better to be comfortable in this division. The problem is that 10% is what the best managers bring. Rooney might get it, but it's a long shot and he only has a few days to make it happen. This is not a job for a rookie. 

You get what you deserve in fotball, 1st half against a poor Wycombe I could only see a win for us, But no, Ainsworth brings Akinfenwa on and we are dumb struck, Sad to say that our whole coaching team were out thought by a manager who knows how to play the game.

I really can't see the light at the end of a very dark tunnell with what we have.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Really promising first half. Plenty of chances & they've barely troubled us. You can see some confidence creeping in - most notably Holmes' finish.

Got to say, Kazim has been absolutely fantastic - everything you'd want from a centre forward & everything we've been missing all season.

Wycombe are lucky to only be 1-0 down here. I understand the intention of picking Shinnie & Evans to make us solid & protect our fragile confidence after Wednesday but think we could sacrifice one of them for Knight. There are goals to be had here by turning them around.

Wayne rowettball 

So our best 45 of the season gets us one goal and one point against the relegation favorites (After us).

We can’t score and frequently concede one or more. Far too defensively minded against a very weak yet physical team. We should be set up for all out attack. If that’s the senior pros trying to show the academy lads how it’s done, we are screwed. 

It is going to take a seriously experienced manager to turn this round. 

Archived