v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

Waghorn is like playing with 10 men, his first touch is abysmal and nothing sticks so the pressure is not relieved, it comes straight back at you. KZM in the first half held the ball up well and played some fine passes... exactly what we needed.

Lawrence played better than he has been, still a mix of nice passing, running for balls mixed with absolute crap shots and a disappearing act.

Fozzy great first half, not sure what happened in the 2nd but there was nothing from him down the left wing.

Either we need to get KZM for for 90 mins or we need another CF as Waghorn is not the answer and never has been.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least we scored. The more games that pass and the different things we try and that fail, the more resigned I feel that we are very much going down. 

We need a manager now and to stop messing around with Rooney. 3 games since cocu has been sacked and no real mark of improvement at all. 

CKR is a positive but we need a lot more. 

I can't be bothered with it anymore. Its Just depressing. 1-1 against them. Better teams will tear us apart. 

Its been grinding me down now for a while. Probably going to take a break from watching it. 

Im sick of waiting for the takeover, being rubbish & the circus that surrounded us off the field. I Used to look forward to Saturday & im not usually bothered win, lose or draw. But back end of last season & all of this has been massively deflating. 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

people seem desperate to vent.

we were unlucky and we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front at HT.  Sibbos miss was awful thank god it wasn't one of the normal scapegoats.  We will get better in January as I expect that we will strengthen the forward line.  We need to hang on at the moment and keep the gap as close as possible.  If that means getting a point against the mighty Wycombe so be it.  I wouldnt object to a point against Coventry.  Colin looked great why has he been denied a start in the past

Its all well and good saying we should of been 2 or 3 up at half time, but we weren't! Were not capable of finishing, and thats going to be our downfall, thats not bad luck, its a lack of quality 

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

we were unlucky and we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front at HT.  Sibbos miss was awful thank god it wasn't one of the normal scapegoats.  We will get better in January as I expect that we will strengthen the forward line.  We need to hang on at the moment and keep the gap as close as possible.  If that means getting a point against the mighty Wycombe so be it.  I wouldnt object to a point against Coventry.  Colin looked great why has he been denied a start in the past

Get better in Jan? We'll be 15 points adrift by then. 

We competed in the 1st half, but didn't outplay them.

2nd half, they were the better team because we couldn't or wouldn't compete with them physically.

Akinfenwa is crap but we managed to make him look decent.

We know we can't defend for 90 minutes, so why sit so deep instead of having 2 up top and so they have to sit further back?

After CKR went off it really highlighted how poor our midfield is at the moment. We never seem capable of getting our foot on the ball for an extended period of time unless the other team quite literally sits in their half and lets us.

On a seperate note, I thought it was pretty crazy how much Akinfenwa changed the game when he came on. I've never seen anyone bully Davies and Wisdom like that. I suppose the only reason I'm not too down after the result is that without Akinfenwa, who's a complete anomaly in this league, I'm fairly confident that we go on to win the game. The Cov game feels like an absolute must win now.

6 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Just think about that; 1-0 up at half time at home against one of THE worst teams I have ever seen in the Championship and they couldn't even rouse themselves to push on in a game we had to win. There are no words.

Absolutely.  WycomBe have plenty of fight but apart from the lad out wide- Horgan- play the most agricultural dog poo football I've seen at this level, second only to John Becks Cambridge and we drew.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Absolutely.  WycomBe have plenty of fight but apart from the lad out wide- Horgan- play the most agricultural dog poo football I've seen at this level, second only to John Becks Cambridge and we drew.

Any other team, not even an exaggeration, will beat us playing like that. It’s shocking. 

49 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

What gets on my F.T.s is when teams (us) bring on a striker (Stretton) at 88 minutes.

What is he supposed to do in 2 mins + added time? I’d get it if we were 4-0 up and we wanted to give him some exposure to the first team, but it does get my gander.

Completely agree, why did Waghorn get switched on instead of him.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We competed in the 1st half, but didn't outplay them.

2nd half, they were the better team because we couldn't or wouldn't compete with them physically.

Akinfenwa is crap but we managed to make him look decent.

We know we can't defend for 90 minutes, so why sit so deep instead of having 2 up top and so they have to sit further back?

Mismanagement. No tactical nous. 
No winners on the pitch

8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Are you not surprised they are desperate to vent?

We are 25%+ into the season and won once and scored 6 goals.

We are in a state of flux off the pitch.

We have wasted 3 games now since Cocu got binned and we are still not really any the wiser with this shambles of a experiment we are currently doing at the minute.

We have nearly got beat by Wycombe in the league. It may sound arrogant and I’m 1st to pipe up about football snobbery, but come on, how have we fallen into this absolute poo show.

The club are misjudging the mood of the majority, they want answers, they clearly want change - we are getting incompetency, a lack of desire and fans scratching their heads at what’s going on.

We deserve to drop.

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Let’s face it we just aren’t very good at winning football games.

Perhaps the team should try some other sport? Darts. Billiards. Lacrosse 

Problem is we might be rubbish at those games. Probably miss the board every time, not hit any balls and not err...Lacrosse the ball?!

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A pointless bit of trivia. Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth was part of that Cambridge squad and a favourite of John Beck, who signed him on three separate occasions.

Archived