v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Not manager fault we can’t finish. 

It’s the Manager’s fault that we carried on playing a system built around a competent #9 after taking CKR off, when it’s abundantly clear that no one else is good enough for the role and ends up with us getting pushed further and further back.

10 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

If we had taken our chances we would be talking about an easy win and how well the team did.

Instead we are talking about relegation, fine lines eh.

Personally I think in the first half we played well, second half we didnt turn up. Richards & Holmes our two best players in the first half ran out of steam.

I see some positives but geez if we play a decent team, the press will be back on and we will fold like a pack of cards.

COYR!

Just think about that; 1-0 up at half time at home against one of THE worst teams I have ever seen in the Championship and they couldn't even rouse themselves to push on in a game we had to win. There are no words.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I actually can't believe how well CKR played in that first half. He and Sibley were excellent.

Other than that it hasn't been some miraculous turn around and it hasn't been a particular great performance by any regard. It's very back to basics and very disciplined; probably what we needed today and what Rooney has alluded to in some interviews.

Still another 45 minutes to go though...

Second half...what is there for me to say? Nothing that others haven't already pointed out. We all saw that second-half.

Are there any supporters now who think it's the right time to give Wayne Rooney the job?

We are in a relegation battle. This is very, very real now. If we don't get a new manager in soon...well, who knows.

A draw, but really it's a defeat.

Deserved exactly what we got there. After a decent performance first half, we did exactly what we’ve done all season - sat on a 1-0 lead, and conceded a late goal. For a man so critical of Cocu, Rooney doesn’t half manage like him. Should have kept going and put them to the sword. We didn’t, we were too passive, and we got exactly what we deserved. This whole await of players is pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I’ve seen more bottle in the Spurs dressing room. As soon as they’re put under any sort of pressure, they cave in. That defending by Wisdom was shocking, once again. 

This isn’t a team that’s up for the fight I’m afraid. We’re down.

Just now, 24Charlie said:

I’m certainly not in the ‘we’re doomed camp”

There’s a long way to go before we’re nailed on as some believe. That’s just the frustration coming out.

We have work to do and time to do it in.

There’s too many what if’s left to sort out before we have a clearer picture, but we aren’t doomed.

We will be by the time we get to January when we can do something about it.  You will not see a poorer opposition that Wycombe.  They are certainly going to be relegated and they bossed us second half.  

Just now, Monty said:

Not all doom and gloom tonight a better first half a different approach with a proper CF we lost the shape with the subs not too sure about the subs strategy and timing but something to build on however we were playing a team who are expected to be relegated 

We started to lose a grip of the game before the subs for me, had they not been made it would have been a case of why not. I did think though that the subs would have had a bigger impact, didn't use the ball well enough going forward, especially on the break. 

Decent first half and a goal with CKR the leading light!

Then came time for the management to earn their corn.........sadly Ainsworth blew us away, switched it around and Wycombe were in the ascendancy for the entire second half and could easily have won it!

Net result we have scraped a draw against a relegation rival at home.......nowhere near good enough!

We haven’t got time for rookie managers and we’re fast running out of time and it’s only Nov!

League one beckons! 

7 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Fell apart once Colin went off, although was a bit knackered.

Him, Holmes and Sibley were our best attacking players but all taken off.

Knight has been great in midfield, why is he coming on right sided attack?

Surely it obvious Waghorn is not a centre forward now. He's been poor for ages now.

Because we have Rooney making these decisions?

Absolutely shocking , first half looked better but against a poor away team , second half we looked the worst team by a country mile AGAIN to a poor away team , if we had played that way against any other team in the division in the second half we would be looking at another Middlesbrough/Blackburn-esque scoreline , utter shambles from top to bottom, major clear out needed 

Archived