v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Well it was better wasn't it? 

Not great but better. 

Lawrence much improved. Holmes too. CKR battled well. Wish Stretton had been brought on before Waghorn, just to stretch them a bit. 

Wayne will have learned a bit more. 

Lawrence and Holmes were not that decent they held on to the ball for far too long before passing it usually very poorly - Evans was fairly invincible to me and waghorn contributed nothing 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Spanish said:

people seem desperate to vent.

we were unlucky and we should have been 2 or 3 goals in front at HT.  Sibbos miss was awful thank god it wasn't one of the normal scapegoats.  We will get better in January as I expect that we will strengthen the forward line.  We need to hang on at the moment and keep the gap as close as possible.  If that means getting a point against the mighty Wycombe so be it.  I wouldnt object to a point against Coventry.  Colin looked great why has he been denied a start in the past

Worry for me is you could say the same about many games this season. A first half where we could be 2-3 up but we can't do it again second half. We have been like that against much better teams than Wycombe.

1 minute ago, Finch said:

This team will struggle in league 1.

you are right, too many young players and too many players over the hill. It is a terrible combination to have, well done Mel Morris. What a great squad you have assembled.

where are the players in their primes ?

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence and Holmes were not that decent they held on to the ball for far too long before passing it usually very poorly - Evans was fairly invincible to me and waghorn contributed nothing 

Invincible is one way of describing him, but not the one I think you meant!

After todays game i am now genuinely worried about relegation this season. 

Wycombe dominated us all 2nd half and we were incredibly lucky to even get a draw in the end. Let me just repeat that... we were incredibly lucky to get a draw at home to Wycombe Wanderers! 

What the hell has happened to our club. I am just lost for words. 

Get Sam Allardyce in now before its too late!!

5 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda doesn't win you games or keep you from being relegated. We have just scraped a draw at home to absolutely the worst team I've ever seen in the Championship, and yet they bossed us in the second half and were the width of a crossbar away from beating us. I wouldn't object to a point against Coventry either because quite honestly I think they are going to murder us the way we are playing. 

Nothing will change in January if Rooney and the current coaching staff are still in charge. We are crying out for an experienced manager to stop the rot - nothing else will do.

The squad is a shambles we need new players and get rid of most of what we’ve got.  Problem is that financially that is unlikely to happen.  I really don’t think there is such a manager with a magic wand to change this lot.  Rooney with Mac is probably good enough with a slightly improved squad. Jay you seem happy to hark back to the shot that hit the crossbar but dismiss 2 clearances off the line as unimportant, don’t get it sorry

9 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Yeah you're right actually, Dykes did seem to have an edge on him. I guess I'm still stuck in the Rowett season where nobody managed to bully him.

Under Rowett I could only remember Mitrovic having the real beating of him but his performances have degraded since then. 

The main issue is that tactically if he plays in a back 4 (especially the back 4 named today) he ends up defending deep and forcing the team back. What that means is if a striker has got the beating of him it starts falling in very dangerous areas. And too much lately strikers are getting the better of him physically. 

Once they brought Akinfenwa on today and they could see he had Davies beat they could just load it onto and something would eventually drop. This was exercabated by not keeping the ball in midfield at all so they could just keep loading it into him.

Their goal wasn't luck... It was somewhat inevitable with how we were set up.

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

It depends what you mean by better ? 

Better than all but 15 minutes against Middlesbrough? Maybe.

A step in the right direction. God no. The reason why we looked like we might score was down to the opposition. Look at our goal again, look at how easy it is. Players committing super early so Lawrence can easily skip past and Holmes is completely unmarked in the 6yard box. 

They allowed so much time and space in and around their box it was unreal.

They kept clean sheets v Brentford and Huddersfield, beat Birmingham, drew with Watford.

Dont think they’re a good side but they’re no mugs. 

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Worry for me is you could say the same about many games this season. A first half where we could be 2-3 up but we can't do it again second half. We have been like that against much better teams than Wycombe.

Don’t think so bj, we went weeks without seeing chances like that.  You are right doesn’t matter how many chances we get if we don’t convert them.  Nice to see that there are something to get excited over, I was celebrating fozzies goal before it didn’t go in 

Archived