v Wycombe (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

I think we can put to bed the notion that we have a good squad. Laughably, some at the start of the season even said it was playoff standard.

The disjointed squad we currently have (bar the Academy products who have been good and are obviously still learning) is a culmination of a lot of recruitment mistakes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spanish said:

The squad is a shambles we need new players and get rid of most of what we’ve got.  Problem is that financially that is unlikely to happen.  I really don’t think there is such a manager with a magic wand to change this lot.  Rooney with Mac is probably good enough with a slightly improved squad. Jay you seem happy to hark back to the shot that hit the crossbar but dismiss 2 clearances off the line as unimportant, don’t get it sorry

I agree with you re some of the players; if I never see Lawrence again in a Rams shirt it wont be too soon for instance. I disagree re the manager; an experienced Championship manager would sort this lot out and work out a clear way of playing to our strengths - Rooney is not that man.

I made the point re the Wycombe chance because it came so close to the end of the game. They were the better team second half and that was demoralizing.

Isaid before the game to give Rooney a chance , sadly Wayne your performance off the pitch matched your performances on it , very lacklustre , every time the camera was on you , you was standing motionless or looking at the floor , seemed like no motivation or leadership from you again , sorry mate time to go , your body language tells me you dont want to be here anyway .

Go and support your wife against the Vardys , she needs you more than we do

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I agree with you re some of the players; if I never see Lawrence again in a Rams shirt it wont be too soon for instance. I disagree re the manager; an experienced Championship manager would sort this lot out and work out a clear way of playing to our strengths - Rooney is not that man.

I made the point re the Wycombe chance because it came so close to the end of the game. They were the better team second half and that was demoralizing.

I have always doubted 1 in 7 Tom.  You either get an amazing performance or much more often an utter mess.  Today was a collectors item, he played all right I suppose

27 minutes ago, Diego said:

Can I ask you what teams have come back from this kind of start? Plus we are an absolute circus off the pitch too. I would be amazed if we stay up.

As I said there are far too many variables at play right now.

We aren’t as bad as posters are making out. Posters are being severely over critical. 

I read the match report from the Bristol game in their local paper and even their biased reporting said we should have won.

We were poor v Boro, and any poster who says we were rubbish today is just telling fibs.

We are not a bad team we just lack confidence.

It can be turned round.

For me it's not the manager, Cocu didn't utilise our squad properly but forget that, forget Rooney its quite simply the players aren't good enough to outscored the opposition, poo defending and no cleansheets and a real lack of goals due to poor finishing and compusure simple as that really. For me I would put Knight, Buchanan and Jozwiak in as they are our amongst our better players but keep Sibley, Davies and Kazim in there as they have to be a key part of the team. 

31 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

It is going to take a seriously experienced manager to turn this round. 

agreed - this is the key decision and will ensure we recover and move up the table or spend the whole season battling relegation  let's hope the club/owners make the right choice and avoid any 'experiments' 

35 minutes ago, James Pond said:

You get what you deserve in fotball, 1st half against a poor Wycombe I could only see a win for us, But no, Ainsworth brings Akinfenwa on and we are dumb struck, Sad to say that our whole coaching team were out thought by a manager who knows how to play the game.

I really can't see the light at the end of a very dark tunnell with what we have.

This ^

Ainsworth knew he had change something and boy did he change something! 

Left our dug out in his wake

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Wow really , did you have your eyes closed in the early eighties then

No mate me and my bro in law saw every match home and away for them 2 seasons...and loved every minute. Floyde streete et el were not the best players but they gave their all in a Derby shirt and you can ask no more

2 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

As I said there are far too many variables at play right now.

We aren’t as bad as posters are making out. Posters are being severely over critical. 

I read the match report from the Bristol game in their local paper and even their biased reporting said we should have won.

We were poor v Boro, and any poster who says we were rubbish today is just telling fibs.

We are not a bad team we just lack confidence.

It can be turned round.

Fair doos, but the league table does not lie. A proper manager would probably get a tune out of this squad. 

3 minutes ago, superzak said:

No mate me and my bro in law saw every match home and away for them 2 seasons...and loved every minute. Floyde streete et el were not the best players but they gave their all in a Derby shirt and you can ask no more

I was talking more 81 , 82 , 83 , Attley , Mcalle , Brolly , very dark times for this club

Thought we played well today, obviously lost it slightly towards the end of the game. However we created chances, look fluid at times and should of won. Fozzy and CKR best two players on the pitch. Bring on Cov COYR

Archived