Return of the Mac

rynny

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Absolutely this! Mel can't let his academy vision go! Yet another shambolic desicion, if he didn't leave us in enough of a mire! 

After Mac was left laughing with Chris Hughton on the sideline after being 3-0 down i lost all respect for him. There were 2000 Derby fans there that night and he spat in the face of them all. The bloke has failed everywhere he had been, he can't get a mangers role, so we think its a great idea to sit him in the directors box and decide how the club moves forward. I think Mel has been listening to too many podcasts while self isolating! 

It is vital that the new manager is experienced. Its ok appointing a rookie coach at the start of the season, but we are in a precarious position and are in desperate need to stabilise! The news about Big Sam was assuring last night, and actually filled me with a bit of hope, but this appointment is a joke and only adds to the circus Mel has constructed.

A bit lost by all this.

Is mac a better coach than a manager?  Will he be a coach? No, why is he here then?

Is his son influential in recruitment?  I’m actually not sure because they unsurprisingly keep it quiet.  Are we all impressed with our recruitment?  Do you think it needs a change?  Is Mac going to change it?

24 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Dosent have Cloughs hard work to inherit on this occasion an then screw up. Hey, ho but Mel knows better. Once bitten twice shy, yet we'll have three bites. Its a farce.

I totally agree with you about Clough. Personally I think he did a great job with us. I totally disagree with you that Mac screwed it up though. In my opinion we wrongly sacked Mac the last two times he was here. 

Time will tell whether this is a good appointment. Unfortunately in football most appointments don't work so I suppose you're more likely to be right! COYR.

6 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

If he's in a position between the manager & the board does this mean Mel isnt staying on when the new owners take over. 

To be honest i hope so. Draw a line under Mel & start again. 

Mel might be advising more from a external business/regulatory factors such as FFP loopholes and moving completely away from footballing decisions.

3 hours ago, nottingram said:

I think his recruitment was better than we have seen over the last few years but still don’t think it was excellent.

That said he was working with very different parameters than his successors. For every Dawkins there was a Leon Best, though I accept that finding a viable Martin alternative was an almost impossible task

No that’s not correct he hardly signed any duds really Compared to his good performers; here’s his list 

Thorne 

Wisdom 

Butland 

Dawkins 

Ince 

Lingard 

Ibe 

Bent 

Mascarell

Shotton

Christie

Keane 

bamford

all above performed well for Mac in his systems. 

Couple flops below but hardly one good one bad. Every manager since has struggle with recruitment, even Lampard who brought some great signings. 

Best 

whitbread 

Arbentuso 

7 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Mel might be advising more from a external business/regulatory factors such as FFP loopholes and moving completely away from footballing decisions.

We can hope. Whilst im sure he has the best intentions at heart his football decisions haven't been the best. 

Just if i was a wealthy business man spending £60m on a club i wouldn't want the previous owner about. I'd get a football man in that knows the club like Mac for the football side but id want my own team in for the other side of running the club 

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

No that’s not correct he hardly signed any duds really Compared to his good performers; here’s his list 

Thorne 

Wisdom 

Butland 

Dawkins 

Ince 

Lingard 

Ibe 

Bent 

Mascarell

Shotton

Christie

Keane 

bamford

Couple flops below but hardly one good one bad. Every manager since has struggle with recruitment, even Lampard who brought some great signings. 

Best 

whitbread 

Arbentuso 

I thought whitbread was ok, arbentosa didn't work but we made money 

Absolutely delighted and thrilled with this news,the only glimpse of light in a dark year at Derby.

Especially pleased that he's being appointed as director of football as such,as in been hanging on about our needing one for years......it ensures continuity in our ethos,approach to the game and managerial appointments.

In the meantime it means we get a coach in who knows what's he's doing and can get this lot forged back into an attacking force once again.

Bloody brilliant move Mel ,you have made my day.....I've not been this chuffed since we offered Martin a contract whilst he was half way through his fulham loan (and ninos and toddy were never heard from again)

d86kftzaeizO8.gif

2 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Interest from Newcastle at “turn of the year”, interview article pledging allegiance to the Rams dated 23rd April.

When did the rumours of Newcastle interest surface? Can’t remember exactly but I thought it was Jan/Feb, so still quite a while between link and denial.

I just remember at the time wondering why he couldn’t come out and say he wasn’t interested, if not immediately then not months later.

January the sixth. 

It was the fans that turned it into the poo storm it became. Not him.

11 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Thorne 

Wisdom 

Butland 

Dawkins 

Ince 

Lingard 

Ibe 

Bent 

Mascarell

Shotton

Christie

Keane 

bamford

Best 

whitbread 

Arbentuso 

Whitbread was already here. Scored in the 4-4 with Ipswich. Also thought although injury prone, he played well when called upon. 

7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Absolutely delighted with that.

I’ve been saying for a while McClaren is no longer fit to be a manager at a Derby but can definitely still contribute to the club in a different role. Can’t claim to know what a technical director specifically does but if he’s taking a few training sessions then that’s brilliant news, still one of the best coaches going at this level.

Also, it’s fine to be sentimental about this. Derby is McClaren’s home! Made his name here, understands the club and has been present for a lot of our best moments the past 25 years. Would have been really worried if they’d made him manager but a role like this is exactly what you want.

Good decision by a new board that will need a bit of guidance imo

So not fit to be Manager but you’re happy if he takes training sessions as still a brilliant coach ? 
Sounds like you’ve just described exactly what we need right now with someone else being the Technical Director

10 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Best 

whitbread 

Arbentuso 

Leon Best is a free agent. Maybe Mac was brought in to try and convince him to join and save our goal scoring problems.

Archived