Return of the Mac

rynny

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Just screams, I don't know what to do next. If it's temporary and the new guys will confirm, what is his brief? New manager? Surely the new guys will want a say.

We are a basket case of a club.

Moses was a basket case and in de Nile.

14 minutes ago, S8TY said:

But Mac is not manager or coach he’s come in as a director ...load of baaaaalocks ...everyone is getting nostalgic over our football with Mac and rightly so but he’s come in in a different role 

Sadly mate, I think this reflects where we are as a club these days.  We are probably seen as a basket case by many top new manager names and so we are likely to have to make our way with a novice under guidance from a DoF.  In this scenario, maybe SM is as good as we can hope for.  Who knows, it might actually work and if not, he could be a stop-gap 1st team coach whilst the search starts all over again.....I've given up second guessing what is going on!

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The first attempt was so far from a failure that it's almost a parody you're claiming that. If Mac 1 was a failure, we've not had a successful manager in an incredibly long time. Mac 2 wasn't given a chance and still has a much better win percentage than most recent managers.

Scoring goals under Billy Davies? Pahahaha. Just because the Billy team fluked promotion, don't believe for one second it was anywhere near the Mac team.

Well we shall see , I am very intrigued who will be manager now , like some I think it means we will get a inexperieced wanna be and with this team that is very risky,  cant see a AAA manager coming here now but I may be wrong..

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Ffs I think we are a joke to be honest ...I love Mel but let’s be honest he’s made some real poor decisions I hope the new owners make better decisions we are becoming a laughing stock ...how many bits of paper will be handed to Rooney tomorrow night ...maybe Rooney shoukd take an iPad onto the pitch ...☹️

Who really knows the extent of McClaren’s involvement and the impact McClaren will have?

At this point, no-one.

McClaren as technical director could be an inspired appointment. He could be the next Jon Rudkin or Michael Edwards or Monchi. Or he could be the next Chris Evans or Suso Pitarch. We really don’t know.

For someone who goes around telling everyone else to be positive, to stop moaning and to give people a chance, perhaps you should follow your own advice? ?

53 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't give a duck tbh.

Who'd be surprised if Lampard had spoke to Chelsea?! A good manager interesting other clubs comes with the territory. Think of lots of our managers that no-one else wanted! ? And to get upset because of the way he handled the media shitstorm, that was never allowed to drop, is pointless. He said he was committed and staying. So Mel sacked him!

Yes sure, Like getting Married and at the alter your wife says to "love honour and obey" 1 month later she bailed out with the dustman.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea....but what will he actually do? Will he be in the dugout on match days? On the training ground in the week?

Doubt it

But he can help a younger/newer manager with ideas, training techniques, things to watch out for, reviewing game footage (maybe) and be an advisor for them to turn to - Help them with the admin side of the managerial role which many ex-pros will never even have thought about

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Ah, but who will be responsible for Mac3 ****ed up? Rooney? Terry? ...?

It’ll be similar to how Mac1 ended. He’ll be linked to the Dutch National team job and won’t distance himself.

We’ll lose patience and sack him, then he’ll take the Dutch job, lose in the Euro/World Cup playoffs to Bulgaria and get sacked.

Then we all begin the countdown clock to Mac4....?

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm struggling with this one. I'd be happy with him as a manager - he would deliver a short term boost which we sorely need.

The problem is that once the short term boost dissipates, he has no idea how to drive things forward. That suggests he lacks strategic thinking - which is exactly what this role seems to be about.

I'm pretty sure this means that Rooney, Terry or Rosenior are going to be our next head coach. Any one of them could turn out to be brilliant, but it's an enormous risk in our current situation.

Sorry but don't want any of them 3 as manager of Derby it would be a disaster. Especially Rooney. 

Archived