Return of the Mac

rynny

I'm a bit 50,50 on this.

Part of me is excited and reassured and part of me is worried we are going to appoint someone with very little experience to manage the team.

The fact that we havent gone strigg tin for someone like cook speaks volumes to me.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Colin’s bin on. Again.

Would have loved him here, apparently he interviewed for the role before we appointed Rowett, went to Cardiff and got them promoted with a worse squad than ours.

Wonder if Mel ever regrets not giving him a go

48 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Is one of those Spongebob? Other than that I am really struggling with your response I am afraid. Nonetheless I will give you a like as usually I find your posts either amusing or informative (and occasionally both).

I appreciate those kind words but this is the part where you’re supposed to tell me to duck off. Do you not know how things work around here?

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If this means Rooney will be the next manager then we're doomed 

Agree.

I used to have respect for Mel but I'm afraid that's gone. We don't need a director of football/tech manager. A proven, experienced and successful manager would have had no problem in delivering what we require on his own

If it is Rooney as manager I do know its another couple of years in the wilderness.

I despair, and the more I think about it, the more sure I am its Mel that is the problem.

The McClaren - An Unexpected Journey

The McClaren - The Desolation of Rowett

The McClaren - The Battle of the Five Coaches

Coming soon on videoCD and laserdisc including "alternative endings", "the making of", "Directors commentry", "Deleted scenes", "Cast interviews" and many more features, available exclusivly from Hair Island Productions.

23 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

I'm pleased. Hopefully this is the start of things improving for us. I've made no secret of how highly I rate Mac. Hopefully he can have a positive influence straight away.

Dosent have Cloughs hard work to inherit on this occasion an then screw up. Hey, ho but Mel knows better. Once bitten twice shy, yet we'll have three bites. Its a farce.

3 minutes ago, Pearson. said:

Agree.

I used to have respect for Mel but I'm afraid that's gone. We don't need a director of football/tech manager. A proven, experienced and successful manager would have had no problem in delivering what we require on his own

If it is Rooney as manager I do know its another couple of years in the wilderness.

I despair, and the more I think about it, the more sure I am its Mel that is the problem.

Absolutely this! Mel can't let his academy vision go! Yet another shambolic desicion, if he didn't leave us in enough of a mire! 

After Mac was left laughing with Chris Hughton on the sideline after being 3-0 down i lost all respect for him. There were 2000 Derby fans there that night and he spat in the face of them all. The bloke has failed everywhere he had been, he can't get a mangers role, so we think its a great idea to sit him in the directors box and decide how the club moves forward. I think Mel has been listening to too many podcasts while self isolating! 

It is vital that the new manager is experienced. Its ok appointing a rookie coach at the start of the season, but we are in a precarious position and are in desperate need to stabilise! The news about Big Sam was assuring last night, and actually filled me with a bit of hope, but this appointment is a joke and only adds to the circus Mel has constructed.

Archived