Return of the Mac

rynny

9 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Yes looks good ,sounds good until you examine it closely and notice it's starts falling apart and making a mess?

I always say that I want a fresh one or I will bring it straight back but I am happy to wait 20 minutes for it. When not in drivethru that is.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

sorry got that slightly wrong, but he is technical director so does that make him above the manager or head coach? 

Chris Evans was our last Technical Director, when Mac2 was around for his 6 months.   He had no in put in training. Evans would have been considered the lower of those two in my opinion.  See further comments below.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't think I we quite know what the role fully entails yet other than by assisting in keeping the team up,scoring actual goals and improving our football which I'm sure is the main reason behind his appointment.

We don’t know all the detail, but the DCFC statement was reasonably clear that his is principally an advisory role supporting the board (new board). I really don’t think he will be taking any training sessions, although he will of course make himself available to the manager/coaches. My understanding is that most recently he has completed a Football Administration qualification, and I would imagine that this role gives him the opportunity to develop a new career path.

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

No I just didn’t like his shirt ?

(Lovely go betweens ref earlier btw!)

I was making a very tenuous weak gag about Benjamin Button. Apologies.

The Go betweens sure knew how to finish an album. Dive for my memory is just perfect for the final song on their final album before they split. Apology Accepted & When She Sang About Angels too.

5 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Except we paid Clement £2m per year and Lampard £1.5m per year, and I expect Rooney would get something similar. Not exactly scrimping which means surely we can get better?

Totally agree if we're paying that amount of money for novices then we must be able to get better value for money from an experienced manager. 

I’ve no idea what this role is. Who needs their hand holding? 
typical Mel move. Like when Harry redknap was brought in?
tries to solve every problem by making strange appointments.

don’ t mind a mac3 but not a maccaroon.

Mel - just go please

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Mel - just go please

I am certain if you pay Mel the £150 million the club owes him he will go.....

6 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

My point is all of those players didn’t cost an arm and a leg as either Mac had the contacts to get the loans in that we couldn’t attract with Clough before. We then signed them cheap if they were good... I think Ince cost 3.5m as he was out of favour at his club. He picked up Dawkins that not many would have seen to improve the squad. 
Shotton as bad as he could be, played well when he came in as cover, he was never great but he didn’t cost loads. He never spent loads on players and they always seemed to have an impact to either keep the team competitive for positions or staring roles. 
I just couldn’t see him spending 5 million on a butterflied or Johnson etc. 

I do think he and nigel Clough recruitment In the last 10 years was the best overall value for money for the club. Looking through that list of players I might be wrong but on transfer fees alone we may have even made a profit....

Bring back Simon Clough!!! 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Mel - just go please

I thought he was appointed by Derventio holdings!

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry I remember it very differently buddy

It was spoke about umpteen times on radio Derby Asti how it was probably effecting the dressing room mandatory lengths on here 

something out of nothing ??

it totally derailed our season 

I've shown you him committing to us, and there many more articles on it. You carry remembering it how you want to, but I'm done with the discussion, because no matter what is said or presented to you you will not change your mind. 

9 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sorry I remember it very differently buddy

It was spoke about umpteen times on radio Derby Asti how it was probably effecting the dressing room mandatory lengths on here 

something out of nothing ??

it totally derailed our season 

Losing half a team of key players to injury did, agreed....

5 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

I am certain if you pay Mel the £150 million the club owes him he will go.....

It all comes down to the definition of owe I guess.  I don’t doubt he has put in upward of £150m into the club, but nobody put a gun to his head. He decided to buy (speculatively) and then go on a splurge, and pretty much afterwards his losses have been created because of high and unsustainable wage costs on increasingly poor or underperforming employees. I would say Mel is owed nothing, although I hope he recoups his original investment. If he gets the £60m being suggested I hope he goes and we see a more competent management team at the top in years to come.

Really hope this doesn't mean Rooney will get the job, even with Steve as support...

Would rather just give the manager job directly to Mac.

Rooney either - 

Does exceptionally well, moves to a "bigger" club. Aka Lampard. We have to start again.

Does average, we sit as a bottom half of the table side with poor football and no progress.

Does terrible, we're in the poo and may never get out of the bottom three.

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Rooney either - 

Does exceptionally well, moves to a "bigger" club. Aka Lampard. We have to start again.

Does average, we sit as a bottom half of the table side with poor football and no progress.

Or 

Does well and he takes us up and stays with us.

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Really hope this doesn't mean Rooney will get the job, even with Steve as support...

Rooney either - 

You really could say the above about any manager. Even Rowett jumped ship for what he thought was a ‘bigger’ club.  There is no great job security for any Manager in the Championship, so I don’t think we should demand unstinting loyalty from the next man in the management seat.

15 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Rooney either - 

Like Lampard I think Rooney would only leave if one of his former clubs, United or Everton, came in for him. United are already doing their inexperienced-former-player-as-manager experiment with Ole, so I imagine their next appointment would be someone with pedigree. Everton... I don't think Rooney himself is popular enough there for them to take that risk, and neither club is in the situation Chelsea were in where they couldn't sign anyone for a year.

Regardless who our manager is, if a Champions League side came in for them they would most likely leave, unless we were also challenging for a place in the competition. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

I've shown you him committing to us, and there many more articles on it. You carry remembering it how you want to, but I'm done with the discussion, because no matter what is said or presented to you you will not change your mind. 

The worst part of it was the drama seeking fans on Twitter lobbying Radio Derby to ask the question again & again because they weren't happy with the answer given, even though there was nothing wrong with the answer, and it was exactly what every other manager on the planet would say in the circumstances.

I don't suppose those fans will accept their own role in the season being derailed, will they? Although they're pretty insignificant really, and it was mainly the injuries, adding pressure on top of pressure because McClaren didn't possess a crystal ball and couldn't state with absolute certainty what the future would hold didn't help anyone, but I guess it made them feel important for a day or two?

Tbh, all managers go through a tough spell and can't buy a win. I truly believe that had we stuck with Mac we would be in the Prem.

On the plus side, I don't think he would have come back to the club if MM still owned it so it's a good sign that the takeover is pretty much done. 

Archived