Return of the Mac

rynny

Ffs I think we are a joke to be honest ...I love Mel but let’s be honest he’s made some real poor decisions I hope the new owners make better decisions we are becoming a laughing stock ...how many bits of paper will be handed to Rooney tomorrow night ...maybe Rooney shoukd take an iPad onto the pitch ...☹️

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NottsRam77 said:

I think your wrong buddy

my recollection of it was that he consistently avoided putting it to bed 

he could have quite easily come out and said no I’m Derby county manager, my sole focus is keeping this promotion push on track 

instead he refused to deny an interest and our season fell apart 

I certainly remember there were plenty on here moaning about his behaviour and refusal to put the Newcastle rumours to bed 

Its water (well) under the bridge with me now, but this is pretty much how I remember it playing out.

It annoyed the **** out of me at the time, but have long since let it go. Don’t think it would happen with any other club and it’s not like Newcastle would come in for him again.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, it's so awful winning games and scoring a lot of goals. I much prefer us with 70% possession and 2 shots on target. 

Andicis I agree I liked his football but he’s not come in as a coach ...baffling decision for me 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Yeah, it's so awful winning games and scoring a lot of goals. I much prefer us with 70% possession and 2 shots on target. 

I remember those days with Billy davies wasn't it ?,

He has had 2 failed attempts at it we need to move on

Brilliant appointment, glad to see Mac back, and I think he will be great in the role given, with Rooney or Terry as the Manager. I am sure he will have some input with the coaches around style of play...Mac era was the best football since Jim Smith, would rather be entertained than bored stiff like recent years!

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Should get Clough back to oversee transfers. Rowett to run the defense. Mac to coach the forwards. Cocu in charge of bringing the youth through. Would be a decent setup.

With Harry Redknaps dog paying their salaries so we can stay within FFP .. 

Just now, JG400 said:

I remember those days with Billy davies wasn't it ?,

He has had 2 failed attempts at it we need to move on

The first attempt was so far from a failure that it's almost a parody you're claiming that. If Mac 1 was a failure, we've not had a successful manager in an incredibly long time. Mac 2 wasn't given a chance and still has a much better win percentage than most recent managers.

Scoring goals under Billy Davies? Pahahaha. Just because the Billy team fluked promotion, don't believe for one second it was anywhere near the Mac team.

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

The best football I’ve seen in the last decade was under Mac so I’m not gonna complain after the crap we’ve been dished up this season. 

if we are gonna lose let’s at least lose 4-3 instead 1-0 every bloody week after having 70% possession 

You do realise we haven't appointed Steve McClaren as the manager, don't you? And that it's extremely likely he'll have no say at all in the tactics / management / coaching of the squad.

And even if we had appointed him as the manager...

Just now, Andicis said:

Pretty sure he's going to have some influence over the coaches at the minute though. 

If he was in dugout and dressing room etc yes but we have 4 voices already and think this adds confusion ...if Mac had come in as coach short term fair enough but I don’t think Mac will have the input we desire 

18 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're just gonna comment ''toss'' like you always do anyway, doubt they're too upset they don't have your approval. 

No. Stopped putting toss because of the grammar rozzers like you with ya 10k comments, mostly just to argue with others because you've naff all to do. ?

2 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Its water (well) under the bridge with me now, but this is pretty much how I remember it playing out.

It annoyed the **** out of me at the time, but have long since let it go. Don’t think it would happen with any other club and it’s not like Newcastle would come in for him again.

Presumably Mel and Mach1-3 get on well and the newspaper accounts of previous matters did not match the reality at the time.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Presumably Mel and Mach1-3 get on well and the newspaper accounts of previous matters did not match the reality at the time.

For me, Mac1 ended because Mac ****ed up. Mac2 ended because Mel ****ed up.

Hopefully they call it a score draw and hold no grudges ?

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Having Mach3 in this role will surely change the field of prospective managers. Some may see it as an advantage and others maybe not. Surely the takeover is complete for this to have happened. Otherwise the temporary nature of it is subject to takeover and willingness of the first choice manager to sign up, maybe even at Xmas. A bit mysterious to me.

Archived