Abu Derby County

tinman

32 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

It's all adding up, so I don't think we should be naïve and believe this to be false.

I'm not sure it's as simple as being 'false'.

It's hard not to conclude that the original BZI deal is dead. It may be that they are trying to put together a new deal with new investors, so might reappear as the preferred bidder again.

I think it's also reasonable to assume that Mel wants out.

So we are a big Championship club up for sale - and quite possibly going at a discounted price. 

I suspect that many people who consider themselves brokers or dealmakers are out there trying to put together a bid. There'll be some honest ones and some sharks. It shouldn't come as a surprise that someone as shady as Matt Southall  is trying to make a profit out of our situation. So in that respect it's probably true that he's sniffing around, but it's only of concern if it leads to anything.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really concerned if this is true. Someone other than those mentioned out there must have the balls and deep pockets to take a chance on us. Whoever they are should not be expecting any financial gain until we are up with the big boys.We DON'T want vultures in our club, they can go down the road! Surely we are ripe for taking. It will be a hellover ride but it will be worth it in the long run. Come on someone show us yer money!

47 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure it's as simple as being 'false'.

It's hard not to conclude that the original BZI deal is dead. It may be that they are trying to put together a new deal with new investors, so might reappear as the preferred bidder again.

I think it's also reasonable to assume that Mel wants out.

So we are a big Championship club up for sale - and quite possibly going at a discounted price. 

I suspect that many people who consider themselves brokers or dealmakers are out there trying to put together a bid. There'll be some honest ones and some sharks. It shouldn't come as a surprise that someone as shady as Matt Southall  is trying to make a profit out of our situation. So in that respect it's probably true that he's sniffing around, but it's only of concern if it leads to anything.

Spot on. Probably some truth that he’s sniffing around. It’s only a concern if it leads to anything, if Mel decides at any point to go for EFL approval of this guy then it is absolutely time to panic. 

Ed Dawes on Radio Derby just.........spoken to someone involved in the deal still very confident the Bzi deal will be done waiting for transfer of funds.

Guy who is on with them is involved in money transfers from the middle east saying the longest it has taken them is five weeks.

No comments will be made till here is something they feel they need to say.

On 04/02/2021 at 14:16, StrawHillRam said:

Thank goodness all the clubs in the PL are fine with their TV money etc !

Not envious but well yes I am

we need Robin Hood and his Merry men to start taking from the rich clubs to give to the poor, otherwise our very existence is threatened

I reckon I'd rather us go bust than accept help from that bunch of 6 fingered treetards!   ?

28 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Ed Dawes on Radio Derby just.........spoken to someone involved in the deal still very confident the Bzi deal will be done waiting for transfer of funds.

Guy who is on with them is involved in money transfers from the middle east saying the longest it has taken them is five weeks.

48 hours plus religious festivals ?????

Not that any of us would ever write anything derogatory on the forum ... and especially not about anyone from the UAE ...

... but just in case any of us might ever feel tempted, be warned that it could apparently result in a sticky situation if we ever visit the UAE!

I have copied a small extract from a Press Release issued by Detained in Dubai below:

"A private WhatsApp [social media] message to a friend, colleague, or ex partner can land you in jail.

Even more unimaginable is the extraterritorial element. You do not even have to be in the UAE when you send the message. This is extremely dangerous for visitors to the country."

Can I just take this opportunity to thank @David for the brilliant job that he does running the forum - and point out that this seemingly sycophantic praise has absolutely nothing to do with him being the custodian of my posts and true identity. David is the best!

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Hasn’t it been much longer than 5 weeks though 

10 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure that's true. GSE cut costs, but income was also falling, so the debts were slowly growing. Their original model was completely unsustainable as it didn't offer any chance of getting promoted and breaking even proved to be completely impossible. That was the argument that Sam Rush made and got them to spend quite a bit more in their last two season - which at least got us close to promotion.

The problem is structural. Running a competitive Championship club means making huge losses. Promotion is currently the only route to sustainability. 

I agree with most of what you say. However I stick  general point, that GSE had far better control of finances when Tom Glick was running things. What you allude to, regarding the unsustainable way most championships currently function, is perhaps the reason GSE got out, while they could. 

Archived