Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t understand why so many fans are convinced that the takeover will fall through. There clearly is an issue somewhere though- either one or more members of BZI’s investor consortium has dropped out and the Sheik is working on replacements, or there are complications because of the number of parties involved in the transaction. However, on Radio Derby’s Sportscene last night it was revealed that January’s transfer dealings went through Derventio Holdings ,we already know that they have worked jointly with the club on Rooney’s appointment as manager and I believe we have a legally binding agreement with BZI. It might all go pear shaped but I doubt it. Even if it did, I firmly believe Mel Morris will not leave us in the lurch. In any event, the January transfer window has shut, the team is on the up, and a permanent manager is in place so the immediate pressure is off.

20 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

However, on Radio Derby’s Sportscene last night it was revealed that January’s transfer dealings went through Derventio Holdings ,we already know that they have worked jointly with the club on Rooney’s appointment as manager and I believe we have a legally binding agreement with BZI. 

I didn't know that and find it very interesting. I wonder what would happen if the takeover did fall through - Mel then has to pay back the money shelled out by Derventio on the loan players and continue funding their wages?

There's rumours (truth?) that the sheikh is not willing to pay the legal fees from the failed Newcastle bid so I would think highly unlikely to just chuck in some cash at this point unless it was a done deal?

Imagine if we'd spent heavily in Jan (funded by Derventio), the deal then collapses and Mel is left with an even bigger hole in his pocket.

No point to this post, just thinking out loud.

23 hours ago, Biley66 said:

They are waiting until we are safe from relegation, quite reasonable 

I honestly wouldn't mind if they came out and said that the takeover is on hold due to the uncertainty of which league the club will be playing in next season. I wouldn't blame anyone for not investing in a club that could potentially get relegated into a division with even more financial restrictions and on-target to make even bigger losses in the midst of supporter unrest and a global pandemic. It's the silence that is killing us. The club honestly haven't been in this much of a mire since the Amigos and Phil Brown. 

We could be talking about the year we were relegated due to the never-ending takeover, during a global pandemic, managed by England's greatest ever goalscorer and trying to survive via the academy and loans. It honestly doesn't sound too far-fetched. 

2 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

on Radio Derby’s Sportscene last night it was revealed that January’s transfer dealings went through Derventio Holdings.

Not disputing this, Just querying it, There's nothing I can see in the press or our local reporter SN for the Telegraph to confirm, Who opened the bag to release the Cat for this information.

Not troubled by this if true, It shows that someone somewhere is funding us, The Elephant in the room is...Deal to be completed on the 24th December 2020 and monies with Lawyers.

Confusing times me thinks ?

56 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

However, on Radio Derby’s Sportscene last night it was revealed that January’s transfer dealings went through Derventio Holdings

By ‘went through Derventio’ I reckon they meant Derventio were consulted. That’s unsurprising if the t/o is still proposed and there might even be a legal obligation to consult. 

1 minute ago, VulcanRam said:

Something's just popped up on my phone saying Erik Alonso is interested is buying us. As well as Sheff Weds. From One Football, via Football League World

Read summat earlier that he'd had an offer for Sheffy Wendy turned down. He's some kind of super agent I think.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Read summat earlier that he'd had an offer for Sheffy Wendy turned down. He's some kind of super agent I think.

Former advisor to Chansiri. Put it derisory bid but is expected to go back with a bigger one. I'm less interested in that and more interested in the fact that if he thinks he can buy Derby, it means Derby is still up for grabs. Which says what about the BZI deal?

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

By ‘went through Derventio’ I reckon they meant Derventio were consulted. That’s unsurprising if the t/o is still proposed and there might even be a legal obligation to consult. 

They must be absolutely love running half a football club and having a say when they haven’t put any money in. I don’t believe they put any money toward January loan. I’d love to run half a football club for free do they have an agency for it I could sign up to 

20 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Naturally he agreed with Mel what to say. But the signs were that neither of them really knew what was happening at the Sheikh’s end. Don’t know whether that has changed ... 

Great name for a pub, for all sorts of reasons.

Archived