Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley’s takeover(£170k for 84%) took at least 8 months, and Wrexham from the national league have just been taken over by 2 ‘Hollywood’ actors, which took over 7 months to complete. It may mean there is still a chance this will go through. I remember Mel saying he would not be commenting any further, until the deal is completed, which he hasn’t done (confidentiality?). Big mistake obviously were the announcements by the club of an imminent completion.

4 hours ago, James Pond said:

?

200.gif

Am I missing something with this GIF? I mean, it doesn't actually work - Grandpa Simpson was visiting a house of ill repute and spotted Bart so turned around. Is Mel actually Bart, or the Sheikh, or is our CFO Marge Simpson?

22 minutes ago, Iniestagram said:

Burnley’s takeover(£170k for 84%) took at least 8 months, and Wrexham from the national league have just been taken over by 2 ‘Hollywood’ actors, which took over 7 months to complete. It may mean there is still a chance this will go through. I remember Mel saying he would not be commenting any further, until the deal is completed, which he hasn’t done (confidentiality?). Big mistake obviously were the announcements by the club of an imminent completion.

In those takeovers were the deals announced as having been completed and will be closed on the receiving of funds "imminently"? 

44 minutes ago, Iniestagram said:

That's not bad at all, for a Premier League club, wish I had been told and I'd have pulled some strings! 

?

1 hour ago, ShoreRam said:

Am I missing something with this GIF? I mean, it doesn't actually work - Grandpa Simpson was visiting a house of ill repute and spotted Bart so turned around. Is Mel actually Bart, or the Sheikh, or is our CFO Marge Simpson?

If you look at the hatstand long enough... you'll see what others can see, Pure genious?

44 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

He’s skint, just like the Geordie said. If this goes through it’ll be back to theJeremy Keith and Murdock McLeod days. 
For Gods sake, pull the damn plug!

He wasnt just using his money he was fronting up a consortium of other investors.

The reason the club & BZI were confident the takeover was pretty much done and released the statement before Christmas was because it was until the main investor pulled out over Christmas.

Seems to me now it is a case of the deal is still actually done in terms of legalities and cost etc but BZI / the Sheikh need to replace the the original main investor with other investors before they can send the money and seal the deal.

Id expect Morris knows this which is why the club havent come out and said it is off. Is there any particular rush now if we have the money to cover the rest of the season.

Archived