Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

The weekend in Abu Dhabi/Dubai/UAE is Friday and Saturday. Most people have Friday (prayer day) off, which feels like Sunday in the UK, while some people work a half or full day on Saturday.

Hmm Let's hope they work on Friday.

IF the money has already been sent the hopefully it doesn't matter about what days are working days in Dubai etc, it is a case of hoping that whoever is doing the checks on the money transfer. Not sure if they would be in Dubai, UK, or elsewhere.

If the money has already been sent it could literally hit the bank at any point in the day. Probably a Forest or Leeds fan doing the checks so isn't pressing the approved button on the transaction!

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

IF the money has already been sent the hopefully it doesn't matter about what days are working days in Dubai etc, it is a case of hoping that whoever is doing the checks on the money transfer.

Why couldn't we be told that, it seems an accepted part of big money deals?

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I was once the ceo of a business, part of which was disposed of by the shareholder without any knowledge involvement of me.

Its not illegal. The hierarchy is simply owner ->director->manager so if the owner wants to do something he doesn't need the others on side.

Bear in mind dcfc is a private limited company under the sole ultimate control of Mel.

Not according to Companies House.

MM ceased to be a person with significant control in DCFC on 28 June 2018.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not according to Companies House.

MM ceased to be a person with significant control in DCFC on 28 June 2018.

Which company did you look at on companies house. I don't even know which one is the holding company anymore - is it GellawNewco still?

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Which company did you look at on companies house. I don't even know which one is the holding company anymore - is it GellawNewco still?

In 2019 Sevco 5112 owned DCFC and Gellaw Newco 203 owned Sevco 5112 and MM owned Gellaw Newco 203.

But the details for Sevco and GN203 haven't been updated this year so might be out of date. 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

He said last night on sport scene that money can take a while to transfer few checks etc but didn’t know if the money had even been sent? Just doesn’t make sense 

If someone says "yes I sent the money" you don't KNOW whether it's been sent until it arrives in your bank

Just putting it out there btw - anyone transferring large sums of money into the UK previously would have done it using EU banking regulations - As of now that won't be the case and they'll have had to put new processes into place - Even if there was an agreement made that we'd use the exact same processes they would need to re-draft ALL paperwork to show it's now British regulations governing it and not EU ones to ensure everything complied with a post-Brexit Britain

And since our government didn't get the trade deal agreed until late December and weren't able to explain to people what it mean until early January that's gonna have an effect on when the deal could be finalised

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

Maybe they've used Google translate on the legal documents to turn English to Arabic and vice versa. Now that would complicate matters. I can just picture one of the Arab lawyers in his office with his tea and sheeps eye's trying to make sense of it all. 

Anyhow close the thread it's not happening.

My doctor isn't happy with you. I have my first drink of the day when you do your daily post. I may be asleep by 3.

15 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

To sum up for any folk who didn't catch the interview.

On the takeover:

All about timings. In constant dialogue with those in UAE and despite delays they have no concerns over it not happening, so much so that Mel hasn't even considered alternative solutions should this deal not go through. No threat of administration. Any of the actual stuff we don't know much about he claims he can't talk about because of confidentiality. Says he's in regular contact with those in UAE but avoided answering whether he'd seen evidence funds had actually been sent from their end. Also says the club is currently being run in tandem with the potential new owners who don't actually own the club yet.

Cool ...

On transfers:

PLANS PLANS PLANS. STRATEDGY STRATEDGY STRATEDGY. 

Sounds like we'll probably sell some players but he makes it sound like that was the plan all along and it's not suddenly a fire sale due to the wages problem. Was asked specifically, using Sibley as an example, about selling players on the cheap and said that would not happen. 

On season tickets:

Refunds are 'happening as we speak.' 

If you’re looking for a job in the civil service you’d make a great cabinet secretary 

49 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Where?

Dorset, Percy, Reluctantnicko, Daily Mail, The Sun, SkyTV, All making bad news sound like good news, All to whip up hysteria in Derby supporters, Pearce giving the same mantra, All still OK, Waiting on certain criteria to get over the final hurdle, That final hurdle looks to be where Shrek lives...Far Far away.

21 minutes ago, Topram said:

He said last night on sport scene that money can take a while to transfer few checks etc but didn’t know if the money had even been sent? Just doesn’t make sense 

He said he hasn't seen proof of funds sent which he wouldn't have, they would have had to show it to Mel as it is him who they are paying and then Mel will tell Pearce if they have been sent or not.

Archived