Abu Derby County

tinman

23 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I get the feeling if this falls through he’ll cough up and pay until he can sell again. I just think he’s trying to pressure them into purchasing the club. (Weird way to go about it mind) 

Yes, and perhaps Mr Morris realizes that there isn't likely to be another buyer coming knocking any time soon. Who would buy a struggling football club either in the middle of or in the aftermath of a pandemic?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It will be closer to £1m sadly. But United has been mentioned for a while. Not a lot you can do when they’re not on pro terms and the big boys come in. It was the same with Delap, he wanted to go to City and we only got £1.6m for him

Yep - when they are leaving and we can’t stop them it’s up to us to agree a deal or go to tribunal - if he does go to United it just might make it easier for Rooney to pull an affordable pals loan that helps us out 

49 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why on earth are we selling players when a takeover is due. I just don't get it, nothing makes any sense

This question gets right to the heart of the matter, if you were keen on buying the club why would you allow the club to sell off its best “playing” assess before the deal was done????

if you owned the club and were confident that the deal would be completed in a few days why would you need to sell the playing assets. ?????

From both side of this deal, if what we are told is true, then selling the playing assets doesn’t make sense especially a 16 year old with potential.

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You’re a lot more confident than me! Think I’ve made it fairly clear, multiple times haha, that I’m absolutely certain this takeover won’t go through. More red flags than a communist march. My gut feeling is that Mel has been duped by a bunch of chancers, and the takeover will inevitably fall through soon once Mel realises that they’re never going to pay. That would naturally leave us in the deep poo, needing a fire sale and loans to keep us afloat and stave off administration.

But then again, I’m naturally pessimistic. I do agree that if we were that short of cash, we’d be looking to sell first teamers rather than young players, as they’re the ones who would bring in the really big fees. It’s all rather strange at the moment, difficult to know who to trust.

Say you are right, what do Mel and Derby gain by carrying on with the pretence?

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Say you are right, what do Mel and Derby gain by carrying on with the pretence?

To try and keep the value of players at a premium ? I'm guessing vultures are already circulating around to see if they can pick up of any of our players on the cheap. 

I don't know what to believe any more, the expectation was to complete the sale before Xmas, now we are not sure when it will be completed but are certain the funds have been transferred.

If this isn't completed in the next couple of weeks and with deadline fast approaching, it's last chance saloon to get funds in before next salary payment is due. What do we do then, wait another couple of weeks, start selling the first team squad or get another loan in. 

23 hours ago, rammieib said:

I get that as a business man having accrued significant wealth be it in assets or cash that it’s hard to let go but he’s in his sixties, what else ar you going to live for with all that cash?

Conversely if literally you’re putting money in simply for it to be wages of players you can definitely feel anger about it.

Thing is - because of the nature of this industry, if he left Derby short he couldn’t set foot in this city again. 

Who’d be an owner hey?!?!

Yes absolutely. However those who choose to sit at the head of the table have to be accountable for the decisions that they make. Obviously Mr Morris is reluctant to part with more of his wealth. Thing is the perilous situation that DCFC finds itself in, is a direct result of the way the club has been run. Perhaps Sam Rush was given too much freedom during those crazy days of wasteful spending? Having said that, the club does employ an accountant to preside of the finances of the club. Issues may have been flagged up and ignored. Not an uncommon occurrence.  

56 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

My gut feeling is that Mel has been duped by a bunch of chancers, and the takeover will inevitably fall through soon once Mel realises that they’re never going to pay.

Well based on today’s interviews it seems the Sheikh basically has an option over the club. Documents are agreed, closing conditions are cleared, but he’s not closing (and covid probably gives him an excuse). It’s clear they are still talking so there must be renegotiations going on, or the Sheikh must be awaiting money from other investors - or both. I’m sure MM is ensuring he has liquidity because he may soon need it - it’s clear the club’s cash was run down in anticipation of a December closing. If he does end up talking to Dell, their negotiating position will be as strong as the Sheikh’s but I think he’ll be better at reading the runes with those guys. One possible outcome of all of this is that he sells but retains a minority stake - that doesn’t sound a great option for anyone. 
I still reckon a deal with the Sheikh is likely to be the best option, especially if he’s put together an international group of investors. But it’s becoming harder and harder to tell 

46 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

The very same James - Myself, 442 and Big Jon (RIP) were the guys who actually got to sit down in the boardroom with the 3 amigos but RPG was massive effort by many many fans inspired by a conversation on the original DCFC Forum. Many of those fans still alive and well on here now as well. I concur with what Ossie Ram says about the part Rams Trust Played!

It was Big Jon I knew, Spent many an hour in the Tiger Bar with him, He'd still be boozing well into the early hours, Big in size and Big in a fan of DCFC, He could tell a good yarn over a few beers, His Daughter Katie played a good part too, And yes I was at his Funeral and a few beers back at the Dolphin.

Had a lot of time for JR ☺️

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well based on today’s interviews it seems the Sheikh basically has an option over the club. Documents are agreed, closing conditions are cleared, but he’s not closing (and covid probably gives him an excuse). It’s clear they are still talking so there must be renegotiations going on, or the Sheikh must be awaiting money from other investors - or both. I hope MM is ensuring he has liquidity because he may soon need it - it’s clear the club’s cash was run down in anticipation of a December closing. If he does end up talking to Dell, their negotiating position will be as strong as the Sheikh’s but I think he’ll be better at reading the runes with those guys. One possible outcome of all of this is that he sells but retains a minority stake - that doesn’t sound a great option for anyone. 
I still reckon a deal with the Sheikh is likely to be the best option, especially if he’s put together an international group of investors. But it’s becoming harder and harder to tell 

This has all the hallmarks of someone who thought it would be a good idea to put an offer in for that nice big house they fancied in a des res. As the day of completion approaches, the buyer realizes that hes overstretched and doesn't fancy the high running costs and maintenance bills, but he's too embarrassed to say he cant afford it. Sits at home waiting for the frustrated sellers solicitor to call and tell him the deals off. 

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Derby players are growing increasingly concerned about the club’s failure to conclude takeover talks which has caused a delay to their wages.

Wayne Rooney’s squad have not been paid their salaries for December and they are also waiting for the wages they agreed to defer – between 25 and 50 per cent of their salaries – during the spring lockdown to be returned.

Is the only (partly) new bit I can see.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I honestly think that any late payments to players should automatically allow them to walk away from whatever contract they have in place — how is that not already a contractual obligation in today’s game? 

If I was in their shoes, I think ‘concerned’ would be an understatement. 

2 minutes ago, Arsene Titman said:

Listening to Sportscene on RD tonight, Ed. Dawes twice said that Mel Morris’s “health is not good”. This is news to me, could someone enlighten me on the details please?

Yes. I am Mel's doctor and I will reveal his personal health details on this public forum with no consequence.

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Archived