Abu Derby County

tinman

13 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

I’m not saying that, just saying we are selling our best prospects which could be worth millions to pay for players wages such as Roos etc not just him, you could say it through half the first 11. 

We signed him 6 years ago to play for u23‘S, so if anything he’s one of those prospects. Really bizarre name to put forward for that argument.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

He really wasn't that involved in taking down the 3 Amigos - That was the RPG Group from start to finish!

I knew one of the very vocal organisers from the RPG(not rocket propelled grenades)Rams Trust got involved when the RPG were making a big difference, Rams Trust didn't want to be seen as being antagonistic towards the 3 bandits.

PS...Bluedogmaz were you the landlord of the same name boozer?

10 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

From the info that's available,Pearce is named as a director on Companies House for many if not all the companies associated with Derby County. Why would he not be privvy to the negotiations ?

He will on some but the deal is between Derventio and Mel Morris, not Derby County, so anything finance related & proof of funds Pearce will not have been involved in. The money of the sale goes to Mel not Derby County.

Now I imagine Mel will have probably told Pearce some of the financial details as a mate/colleague but it wouldnt be something he can state in public as it will be information from confidential talks.

So I listened to the Stephen Pearce interview on Radio Derby and I think we can safely say the impending doom of administration or liquidation and subsequent Wigan-Esque fire sale of our assets at 10% of their true value is not going to happen (that doesn’t mean we won’t sell players)

It was very clear that Stephen Pearce isn’t involved in the negotiation, it is between Mel and the prospective new owners. Presumably this is because it’s Mel’s personal money behind many of these companies and sub companies and also, lets not forget that Mel owns the stadium. Therefore the only way we can know what is actually going on with the sale is through Mel and he’s signed up to confidentiality agreements or doesn’t want aspects of his personal finances in the public domain. I can understand that - why would he? Stephen Pearce may not be involved but Mel will no doubt have his personal lawyer and personal financial advisor as part of his negotiating team. Reality is we will still be in the dark until it happens or doesn’t happen. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

If it doesn’t happen, For those concerned about Mel not having a back up plan? Why? He has not once said or has it been inferred that Mel is broke and will withdraw all support from the club and therefore the takeover is the only option to survive. If the takeover doesn’t happen the Mel remains owner once again looking for a new buyer while we have to continue to pursue or more sustainable model - which we would have to anyway to meet P&S rules. The unpaid wages story - is perfectly plausible and I believe it, I also believe it will be sorted out.  

As for Jim Wheeler, good job regarding the Three Amigos and good Rams Trust try to hold the club to account, but did a great job tonight of stating the obvious. I’m concerned the money hasn’t landed, I’m concerned we have to sell players and why should we if these new owners have money - because we are in a pandemic still somehow having to comply with P&S whether new owners come in or not, and currently we are a bottom 3 championship team - every player has his price. 

We’re also not going into Administration therefore we won’t be selling players at knockdown prices like Wigan, we will get something like market value (Whether that’s as much as other clubs would get is another matter but not Wigan style sales) and if they get the wages sorted in time hopefully bring some players in. Also reading between the lines it appears to be the likes of Kaide Gordon and our fringe first team players up for sale. Don’t have a problem with that.

Yes the takeover snag has ducked up the January transfer window and we’re right to be aggrieved but other than that, we’re not facing the other doomsday scenarios being spouted. We should still come out of January with a squad competitive enough to survive and continue our improvement in form.

We got about as comprehensive account of our current situation that could be given at this moment in time from Stephen Pearce and that was very much down to the interviewer who left no stone unturned in his questioning. Chris Coles take a bow.

All isn’t rosy in the garden as far as Derby are concerned but it never was, we’re in a pandemic. But we’re not about to go under or go into administration so I for one will wet the bed less tonight.

15 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

From the info that's available,Pearce is named as a director on Companies House for many if not all the companies associated with Derby County. Why would he not be privvy to the negotiations ?

Of course he would,  if you wanted to know anything about how the Derby County “business” worked you would go to Pearce rather than Mel

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

A mildly positive post?! I’ll get David to check your account’s not been compromised ASAP!

Seriously though, it would be disappointing but I’d get over it pretty fast. If Knight, Sibley, Bird etc were sold for next to nothing then that’d be gutting.

We’ll have players we can sell like Kaide Gordon who, given a run in the side, could be worth a lot more than we’d get for him now. Then again, he might not. I suspect if we wanted to sell a 16-year-old Mason Bennett we’d have got more than we did when he was 22 or 23. You just never know what’s going to happen.

Academy players will leave clubs of our level when it’s beyond our control really, such as Liam Delap who would be a first-teamer if City didn’t poach him. However, at least we have a good academy to fall back upon in times of potential hardship. Many clubs aren’t so lucky.

I may be negative, but I’m not entirely unfair ?

But yeah, I’m with you on all of that. The most important thing is always the quality in the first team. And right now, the immediate top priority is to ensure we have enough to remain a Championship club next season. We don’t want to be making ourselves even weaker than we already are by selling our top players.

With all due respect to the young lads, they’re not much good to us in the short term. They might well be in the future - but equally they might never reach their potential. No one can really tell, so while it’s annoying to lose them before we can find out, it’s not a disaster to cash in while we still can. Especially if it sorts us out financially without having to have to have too much of a cull of the first team.

38 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

He really wasn't that involved in taking down the 3 Amigos - That was the RPG Group from start to finish!

Ramstrust were one of the reasons that the 3 Amigos actually got their mits on the club in the 1st place. The put the pressure on the bank to take the club away from Lionel and the bank then basically gave the club away to the crooks so they could rip it off.

The RPG led the way with the protests and Ramstrust would turn up whenever the cameras or radio turned up, but would never get directly involved with the protests.

Somewhere in a parallel universe back in 2014 Keogh takes a touch, brings it down & plays it to hughes who slots it through to Martin who scores a last min winner. 

We're currently in the prem, mac one is still in charge, were playing sexy football & might push for top four but still in playing in the europa league after last seasons league cup win. 

We're very well run & our scouts have found another obscure foreigner who's turned out to be worth 50m in today's market a real bargain seen as we only paid 2m 

Archived