Abu Derby County

tinman

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

By the sounds of it, the reason why the takeover hasn’t gone through is simply because the money hasn’t been transferred yet. The fact it still hasn’t been sent after about two months waiting for it suggest to me they have no intention of sending it. Utterly bizzare, but it’s the way it seems to me, and I’m concerned that, going by today’s interviews, Mel doesn’t appear to have any alternative funding planned.

I think the most likely resolution to all this is the club defaulting to MSD. Then we’d just have to hope to goodness they don’t just asset strip us.

On the bright side if the takeover does eventually go through we will already have sold all our assets, so the new owners wont be able to asset strip us if that was their intention.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they've used Google translate on the legal documents to turn English to Arabic and vice versa. Now that would complicate matters. I can just picture one of the Arab lawyers in his office with his tea and sheeps eye's trying to make sense of it all. 

Anyhow close the thread it's not happening.

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Maybe they've used Google translate on the legal documents to turn English to Arabic and vice versa. Now that would complicate matters. I can just picture one of the Arab lawyers in his office with his tea and sheeps eye's trying to make sense of it all. 

Are you an only child, perchance?

5 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Too many folk, it seems, are wholly unaware that there are things in life that are rather more important than how they spend their Saturday afternoons.

And yet to some, especially in the current climate, football is the most important thing.

Mel doesn't deserve any personal abuse, he is not above criticism though. 

7 hours ago, Coconut said:

Noticed it was still just 'representatives of the sheikh' being talked about (ie Midhat & maybe one other unspecified entity) in past and present terms, still no indication that anyone at the club has ever actually been able to speak to the main man himself!

Interesting point

He’s the Chairman of BZG I believe. So I’d guess he’s not at all involved in speaking to the club or to MM on day to day matters. But surely he’ll have had calls with MM from time to time on major issues. I can’t imagine that would have been handled by the brokers
Quite possible in these troubled times that they have not met though ?

15 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Or just stop posting on it?

Let’s all send out positive vibes for some good news on the takeover.
It WILl be completed later today. 

All will be hunky dory and we go on to buy two new players, keep our star assets and avoid relegation.

Nostrodomus predicted it: “the prince’s gold from the middle of the east comes to the ancient land of the rams.  There will be joy as the numbered ones stay in the place of pride joined by a top quality striker. The chasm of despair will be empty of any white fleeces”

Technically speaking this could still be done on Sunday. Their weekend is Friday and Saturday - just saying before you all poop the bed if it doesn't happen today. (personally don't think it will ever happen, but there we go)

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Technically speaking this could still be done on Sunday. Their weekend is Friday and Saturday - just saying before you all poop the bed if it doesn't happen today. (personally don't think it will ever happen, but there we go)

I do wonder why Mel hasn't worked it so the club could have taken the Prem loan, £8.3m would be handy and surely cheaper than MSD loan. I suppose it's because of how far along the takeover is on paper. I bet if Sheik takes over we get the debt but not the money (a guess based on nothing much before anyone has a go!).

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

And yet to some, especially in the current climate, football is the most important thing.

Wutt?!?!

I somehow doubt that in 'the current climate', football trumps the safety of friends and family or is more of a concern than the loss of a loved one, but if you say so... ?‍♀️

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Wutt?!?!

I somehow doubt that in 'the current climate', football trumps the safety of friends and family or is more of a concern than the loss of a loved one, but if you say so... ?‍♀️

Why do you twist words to have a pop at someone ??

Not really what I said is it, however no surprise given your posting style, I suppose it makes a change from your usual laughing emoji response.

Football at this time, especially during lockdowns is a relief to people, being stuck at home with nowhere to go, it's not a surprise that to some, that the reports of administration and such, are going to create an emotional reaction.

Ps not that I'm bothered about you having a pop, doesn't impact me, I can handle it ?

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah that’s what worries me, this deal clearly isn’t going to happen, so I really hope we do have a plan B. Dell might be the only solution.

If, as it seems, Mel is unwilling or unable, to currently inject any more from his personal wealth, practically Dell would be the only immediate solution. They have a registered charge over the assets of the Club, so it most unlikely that another Lender would be keen to advance on an unsecured basis, and a second charge wouldn’t be overly appealing either. Would anyone want to take over Dells loan and advance further monies with the current uncertainty? Again highly doubtful. 

Hopefully a short time limit has been put on the sale contract for the monies to be paid over in settlement. We need someone to blink methinks.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If, as it seems, Mel is unwilling or unable, to currently inject any more from his personal wealth, practically Dell would be the only immediate solution. They have a registered charge over the assets of the Club, so it most unlikely that another Lender would be keen to advance on an unsecured basis, and a second charge wouldn’t be overly appealing either. Would anyone want to take over Dells loan and advance further monies with the current uncertainty? Again highly doubtful. 

Hopefully a short time limit has been put on the sale contract for the monies to be paid over in settlement. We need someone to blink methinks.

?
not me

Archived