Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Gut feeling, mostly. Pigs will fly before Sheikh Khaled owns Derby County, and Mel appears unwilling to / physically can’t fund the club anymore. The terms of the MSD loan mean the club defaults to Dell if we don’t pay it back, I believe. Think I may also have read, amongst the many many reports and quotes we’ve had this week, that Mel can’t put the club into administration without MSD’s permission. Might be wrong on that account, but either way, I see the most likely scenario as the ownership of the club passing to MSD when it becomes apparent that the takeover is never going to happen. Then we just have to hope they decide to clear our debts and sell us on, rather than asset strip us.

No way is MM going to allow the club to be put into administration. It’s just not going to happen on his watch   Come on !

We’ve certainly not been told MM will not continue to fund. He hasn’t so far because he still hopes the Sheikh will 

2 minutes ago, Jawa said:

Surely Rooney being confirmed and signing a new contract must mean the money has come through?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/01/wayne-rooney-Derby-county-manager-15-january-2021

I would also be inclined to think that there is no way Rooney would sign a 2.5 year contract as manager if he hadn't been given some proper (and I mean proper assurances with actual evidence, not what we see) assurances that the takeover is going through.

1 minute ago, Jawa said:

Surely Rooney being confirmed and signing a new contract must mean the money has come through?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/01/wayne-rooney-Derby-county-manager-15-january-2021

I think it has to mean that the takeover is sorted in one way or another. Most likely that BZI have completed. Not impossible that Mel pulled the plug and decided to take back control himself. Also possible that MSD have swiftly acquired the club. 

3 minutes ago, Jawa said:

But the team needs a manager no matter who owns the club   Doubtless they would have preferred to announce this with the take over though 

Absolutely shocking levels of negativity on this thread from folk that (I assume) would all class themselves as supporters of the club. Rooney being appointed is good news - and suggests the takeover saga is coming to a conclusion one way or the other. Some of you folk seem to want the club to implode purely so you can (repeatedly) shout "I told you so".....

41 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I thought we were "Derby City"!

Damn!  I've just finished crocheting my new scarf too!  over 5 bloody years that took me... wasted!  

What about the flanges? 

won’t somebody think about the flanges??

It could be that appointing Wayne, Liam, Shay, Justin and the new goalkeeping coach has caused some of the delay in the takeover plans, if they've wanted to do both announcements close together. Wayne himself says that he had other offers.  Maybe he wanted time to consider his best options. I can't imagine that negotiating his contract has been straightforward either.  He'll have wanted reassurances around transfer funds never mind any discussions about his playing role, his team and his own personal terms 

Purely from a PR point of view I think we needed to do this. I think we assumed he would get the job on completion of the acquisition. However, announcing we have a new owner and all the excitement that could create and then, in a footnote, that England & Manchester United's all-time record goal scorer has been appointed as full time manager and also hung-up his formidable playing boots would not sit right. This is big news and deserves to come in isolation (no pun), it therefore had to come first.

Pleased to have some positive news to head into the weekend, I have a renewed respect for Mr Rooney and I am pleased to have his vast footballing experience involved with the Rams, think he will be particularly strong on nurturing the academy to first team linkage. 

Surely he can't have agreed to be the new manager , hang up his boots , take a wage cut , have knight and sibley sold to pay Lawrence's wage etc ... without 1 million % cast iron (saw it with my own eyes) guarantee that the petro dollars were in the safe at pride park 

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Absolutely shocking levels of negativity on this thread from folk that (I assume) would all class themselves as supporters of the club. Rooney being appointed is good news - and suggests the takeover saga is coming to a conclusion one way or the other. Some of you folk seem to want the club to implode purely so you can (repeatedly) shout "I told you so".....

Really pleased to see the current coaching team stays in place. Gives much needed stability

It may be a sign about the t/o happening. If it is not it is certainly a sign MM has committed to continue funding if it doesn’t happen - WR would have asked for comfort on that

16 minutes ago, Ratpackram said:

Surely he can't have agreed to be the new manager , hang up his boots , take a wage cut , have knight and sibley sold to pay Lawrence's wage etc ... without 1 million % cast iron (saw it with my own eyes) guarantee that the petro dollars were in the safe at pride park 

Sounded like he was ready to ignore that uncertainty - leave it to Board level & Sheik - as he said what a good opportunity it is to be manager of this club.

Archived