Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Let’s not even think that

Can’t help it mate it’s got have effected team morale I don’t care what Pearce says on an interview he’s prob got a degree in bs like they all have. There’s no way I’m putting 100 percent in if I’m not paid and I don’t know when your going to be able to pay me 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah that’s pretty much along the same lines as I was thinking. I can’t see anyone offering us another loan considering the current uncertainty. That leaves Dell as probably the only possible “saviour” if (when) things go tits up.

But if the wages get paid by Mel couldn't we then ask for the Prem loan? Wouldn't £8.4m keep us going for a week or two?

I have genuinely wondered if any of this is to do with FFP and Mel is pulling another ruse to foil the EFL. Maybe just a tad of romanticism on my part. If it is, Mel is quickly becoming the Paulo Wanchope of football finance where even he doesn’t know what he’s going to do next whilst we all watch through our fingers. It will be ridiculous or exhilarating, no in between. This is The Derby County.

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Imagine how much worse this scenario gets if we lose tomorrow 

You honestly think we will not pay players and they will go and do their bit in this molly coddled world of sky over inflated wages . The days of playing for pride and the club/shirt went years ago . Their is a huge despondency around the club because of the never happening takeover this does and will effect the players . 

28 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Imagine how much worse this scenario gets if we lose tomorrow 

The way its going you should count your lucky stars that we actually have anyone left in the first team who is willing to play for us!

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Gut feeling, mostly. Pigs will fly before Sheikh Khaled owns Derby County, and Mel appears unwilling to / physically can’t fund the club anymore. The terms of the MSD loan mean the club defaults to Dell if we don’t pay it back, I believe. Think I may also have read, amongst the many many reports and quotes we’ve had this week, that Mel can’t put the club into administration without MSD’s permission. Might be wrong on that account, but either way, I see the most likely scenario as the ownership of the club passing to MSD when it becomes apparent that the takeover is never going to happen. Then we just have to hope they decide to clear our debts and sell us on, rather than asset strip us.

Camels more likely, pigs aren't very popular in that part of the world. The rest is as good a guess as any!!

Archived