Abu Derby County

tinman

45 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why couldn't we be told that, it seems an accepted part of big money deals?

Pearce did say that the money transfer is between different territories/countries and it isnt as simple as a uk to uk bank transfer due to money laundering checks etc.

Who knows which country the person/company doing the checks are based

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Dorsey, Percy, Reluctantnicko, Daily Mail, The Sun, SkyTV, All making bad news sound like good news, All to whip up hysteria in Derby supporters, Pearce giving the same mantra, All still OK, Waiting on certain criteria to get over the final hurdle, That final hurdle looks to be where Shrek lives...Far Far away.

But they haven't have they. Do all of them say the same thing EVERY day?. Pearce has come out to give us an insight to whats happening, when was the last time he spoke?.

The problem is, is there are a few petulant children on here stamping their feet, demanding daily updates on something that is private, we were told Mels not in good health at the moment also so how about giving the guys some  slack.

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't, we move on. We won't go into administration and fall off the face of the earth.

38 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pearce did say that the money transfer is between different territories/countries and it isnt as simple as a uk to uk bank transfer due to money laundering checks etc.

Who knows which country the person/company doing the checks are based

I think everyone accepts that, the question is why have those checks taken what must be at least 5-6 weeks, or even longer?

You can't even claim it's standard practice / normal for the checks to take this long or else they wouldn't have fully expected it to come through on 24th December, and then wouldn't have revised the expected date to just a week further on only to be let own again.

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I think everyone accepts that, the question is why have those checks taken what must be at least 5-6 weeks, or even longer?

Could be that Derby isn't just one company per say but a few different ones like they alluded to last night, ie the stadium, hospitality the club itself etc. If each one has to go through stringent money laundering checks due to the origin of the finance then it could explain the delay.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Why do you twist words to have a pop at someone ??

Not really what I said is it

Errrrr....

3 hours ago, BIllyD said:

And yet to some, especially in the current climate, football is the most important thing.

I mean, word for word, it's exactly what you said, with literally zero qualification.  Little doubt football can provide some cheer, or conversely, annoy the hell out of folk, but talk about over-egging the pudding! I can think of dozens of factors that are way more significant to my mental health and I'd wager, most others can too. If you don't agree, fair enough. No real need for the petulant response though, is there?

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Ps not that I'm bothered about you having a pop, doesn't impact me, I can handle it ?

People post, people respond. That's kinda how things roll. Wasn't really trying to have a pop anyway, just pointing out the rather melodramatic nature of your post, really ?‍♀️ If anyone's having a pop, it's you mate. Just read the balance of your reply.

Anyway, given your obvious sensitivity, let's just hug it out eh mate? I'd hate to lose you as a friend ?

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Could be that Derby isn't just one company per say but a few different ones like they alluded to last night, ie the stadium, hospitality the club itself etc. If each one has to go through stringent money laundering checks due to the origin of the finance then it could explain the delay.

The club knew all of this before before starting the transaction though, and should / would have factored all of it in when they initially said they expected the process to be complete by December 24th.

These aren't just standard delays.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

The club knew all of this before before starting the transaction though, and should / would have factored all of it in when they initially said they expected the process to be complete by December 24th.

These aren't just standard delays.

True, but if the delays are from the companies that are doing the checks, ie taking longer than usual (maybe covid related and down on staff) that is not Derby's fault.

24 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Pearce said twice last night that he was not in good health.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that mentioned nor listened to Pearce's RD interview.

I heard it on RD last night - it was Ed Dawes who said that MM is not in good health . It’s news to me and I can’t find anything on it.

38 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

But they haven't have they. Do all of them say the same thing EVERY day?. Pearce has come out to give us an insight to whats happening, when was the last time he spoke?.

The problem is, is there are a few petulant children on here stamping their feet, demanding daily updates on something that is private, we were told Mels not in good health at the moment also so how about giving the guys some  slack.

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't, we move on. We won't go into administration and fall off the face of the earth.

Maybe not as often,They only have to say it once and the Readership/Listeners/Watchers which run into far more than post on here go all out wanting to know what's what, Those on here have a choice, Either read what a poster says...or put that poster on ignore, If you don't ignore the poster then i'd asume you like to read what they have put.

Also, I neither think we will be put into Administration, As for MMs ill health I wish him a speady recovery, As for DCFC who I've supported since 1966 and travelled the length and breadth of the Country like countless 1000s of others, It's just a football club like anyother, No big deal, Lifes far to important in todays world to get wrapped up in all the shananigans of todays football.

It's all a bit of a mess isn't it? That said, clearly the funds have yet to hit Mel's account but does that mean they've not been sent? I'm not sure. As I recall, the remittance was being made to BZI's legal representatives and not to Mel directly, so two transfers (replete with all the required checks for a transfer of this size) would be required for the deal to close. Does that in itself justify the length of delay though? Probably not and that's the worry.

I think in so much, folk are entitled to be concerned but I'd still waver on the side of the deal closing versus the likelihood of it falling through. I'd also err on the side of discretion versus rubbishing Mel, the club and BZI, given we know so little about the mechanics of this takeover. To my eye, some of the stuff being posted (ignoring the rather unpleasant tone of some of it) does seem rather premature.

11 hours ago, Coconut said:

Noticed it was still just 'representatives of the sheikh' being talked about (ie Midhat & maybe one other unspecified entity) in past and present terms, still no indication that anyone at the club has ever actually been able to speak to the main man himself!

I know you wouldn't expect him to be leading negotiations, but you might hope that at least one conversation has taken place which wasn't purely through intermediaries - we're not trying to flog them a bunch of old excavators, it's the custody & future of a 136 year old institution at stake!

Fair comment really given he was over to press the flesh with Blojo not so long ago. Must confess at the time I thought the two things were linked but clearly not.

Archived