Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I may be negative, but I’m not entirely unfair ?

But yeah, I’m with you on all of that. The most important thing is always the quality in the first team. And right now, the immediate top priority is to ensure we have enough to remain a Championship club next season. We don’t want to be making ourselves even weaker than we already are by selling our top players.

With all due respect to the young lads, they’re not much good to us in the short term. They might well be in the future - but equally they might never reach their potential. No one can really tell, so while it’s annoying to lose them before we can find out, it’s not a disaster to cash in while we still can. Especially if it sorts us out financially without having to have to have too much of a cull of the first team.

It's frustrating to be forced into a corner to sell any player you'd ultimately rather keep. However with the young players, it's less of a risk and much easier to stomach, therefore we can't be that financially ducked if we aren't going to resort to selling our best first-teamers, but that remains to be seen.

I'm going to be trustworthy (perhaps naive) and trust that the calmness and confidence from those within the club that this will happen, means that it actually will. If they're not really confident and they're covering up a shitshow of a takeover, then it'll only mean further and harsher criticism, it's just delaying it a bit. And that's something I really see no logic behind. They'd be harming the club purely to temporarily save face in the short-term.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Why on earth are we selling players when a takeover is due. I just don't get it, nothing makes any sense

It doesn’t does it, any day now it’s due they say so why are we rushing to sell so many players? Because maybe it’s never coming

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought he'd not yet signed pro deal with us?

I thought the same. Maybe making a first team appearance has added value onto the compensation we could receive for him or something?

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If it doesn’t happen, For those concerned about Mel not having a back up plan? Why? He has not once said or has it been inferred that Mel is broke and will withdraw all support from the club and therefore the takeover is the only option to survive. If the takeover doesn’t happen the Mel remains owner once again looking for a new buyer while we have to continue to pursue or more sustainable model - which we would have to anyway to meet P&S rules. The unpaid wages story - is perfectly plausible and I believe it, I also believe it will be sorted out.  

He definitely isn't broke, but Stephen Pearce did say in the interview that liquid cash is very hard to come by in the current climate. He didn't say that it was Mel who was struggling with liquidity, but I would assume a large portion of his wealth is tied up in other investments that he can't easily extract.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Even we would struggle to be losing £84m a year.

Don't know how true it was, but Derbyshire Live reported that we made an operating loss of £46 mill when Frank was here. That doesn't include player sales or the stadium sale, so looks worse than it really was, but if Derby Countys revenue is almost zero now as Stephen Pearce said it was in his interview rather than the usual £30 mill per year we wouldn't be miles away from that. (if costs were the same, which they probably aren't)

6 minutes ago, JfR said:

So we are going to sell the best youngster in the country for between £1,000,000 and £9,000,000. That certainly is depressing - can't wait to see what awful price we get for him after we rest all of our hopes on him maybe being sold for a lot of money in the  future.

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's frustrating to be forced into a corner to sell any player you'd ultimately rather keep. However with the young players, it's less of a risk and much easier to stomach, therefore we can't be that financially ducked if we aren't going to resort to selling our best first-teamers, but that remains to be seen.

I'm going to be trustworthy (perhaps naive) and trust that the calmness and confidence from those within the club that this will happen, means that it actually will. If they're not really confident and they're covering up a shitshow of a takeover, then it'll only mean further and harsher criticism, it's just delaying it a bit. And that's something I really see no logic behind. They'd be harming the club purely to temporarily save face in the short-term.

You’re a lot more confident than me! Think I’ve made it fairly clear, multiple times haha, that I’m absolutely certain this takeover won’t go through. More red flags than a communist march. My gut feeling is that Mel has been duped by a bunch of chancers, and the takeover will inevitably fall through soon once Mel realises that they’re never going to pay. That would naturally leave us in the deep poo, needing a fire sale and loans to keep us afloat and stave off administration.

But then again, I’m naturally pessimistic. I do agree that if we were that short of cash, we’d be looking to sell first teamers rather than young players, as they’re the ones who would bring in the really big fees. It’s all rather strange at the moment, difficult to know who to trust.

35 minutes ago, James Pond said:

I knew one of the very vocal organisers from the RPG(not rocket propelled grenades)Rams Trust got involved when the RPG were making a big difference, Rams Trust didn't want to be seen as being antagonistic towards the 3 bandits.

PS...Bluedogmaz were you the landlord of the same name boozer?

The very same James - Myself, 442 and Big Jon (RIP) were the guys who actually got to sit down in the boardroom with the 3 amigos but RPG was massive effort by many many fans inspired by a conversation on the original DCFC Forum. Many of those fans still alive and well on here now as well. I concur with what Ossie Ram says about the part Rams Trust Played!

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

True, but I’m mainly talking the younger players within there as well haha

Yeah, I would hate to lose any of Knight, Sibley and Buchanan.

Reports of Gordon etc are great but I haven't seen enough of them personally to be that attached - yet.

21 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Somewhere in a parallel universe back in 2014 Keogh takes a touch, brings it down & plays it to hughes who slots it through to Martin who scores a last min winner. 

We're currently in the prem, mac one is still in charge, were playing sexy football & might push for top four but still in playing in the europa league after last seasons league cup win. 

We're very well run & our scouts have found another obscure foreigner who's turned out to be worth 50m in today's market a real bargain seen as we only paid 2m 

You jest but there can't be many more such extreme examples of a sliding doors moment that defines the future of a football club in all the wrong ways.

That fateful day in 2014 will haunt us for years to come it would seem.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, I would hate to lose any of Knight, Sibley and Buchanan.

Reports of Gordon etc are great but I haven't seen enough of them personally to be that attached - yet.

Exactly, we have to be more concerned about the players currently making an impact in the first team, because they can have a positive impact on our season in the short term.

6 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

You jest but there can't be many more such extreme examples of a sliding doors moment that defines the future of a football club in all the wrong ways.

That fateful day in 2014 will haunt us for years to come it would seem.

2019 play off final was also a key moment. We've gone backwards drastically since Lampard left and it was clear to me we that we were going to hit financial trouble. Not going up that day may also haunt us for longer than expected

14 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

The very same James - Myself, 442 and Big Jon (RIP) were the guys who actually got to sit down in the boardroom with the 3 amigos but RPG was massive effort by many many fans inspired by a conversation on the original DCFC Forum. Many of those fans still alive and well on here now as well. I concur with what Ossie Ram says about the part Rams Trust Played!

I'm not disputing anything you have said, but I do remember reading stuff from Ramstrust people warning about the Amigos from the start. 

Your sit down with the Amigos sounds very interesting. What sort of things were said and how civil was it?

23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He definitely isn't broke, but Stephen Pearce did say in the interview that liquid cash is very hard to come by in the current climate. He didn't say that it was Mel who was struggling with liquidity, but I would assume a large portion of his wealth is tied up in other investments that he can't easily extract.

Don't know how true it was, but Derbyshire Live reported that we made an operating loss of £46 mill when Frank was here. That doesn't include player sales or the stadium sale, so looks worse than it really was, but if Derby Countys revenue is almost zero now as Stephen Pearce said it was in his interview rather than the usual £30 mill per year we wouldn't be miles away from that. (if costs were the same, which they probably aren't)

So we are going to sell the best youngster in the country for between £1,000,000 and £9,000,000. That certainly is depressing - can't wait to see what awful price we get for him after we rest all of our hopes on him maybe being sold for a lot of money in the  future.

It will be closer to £1m sadly. But United has been mentioned for a while. Not a lot you can do when they’re not on pro terms and the big boys come in. It was the same with Delap, he wanted to go to City and we only got £1.6m for him

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

2019 play off final was also a key moment. We've gone backwards drastically since Lampard left and it was clear to me we that we were going to hit financial trouble. Not going up that day may also haunt us for longer than expected

With the benefit of hindsight, it has only slowly emerged how much of a financial gamble that season was. 

It was the playoff failure rather than Lampard per se which triggered our issues. 

We spent a lot and the assets we acquired have lost a lot of value. 

Archived