Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting ridiculous now. Another few weeks?! What on Earth is taking so long! It shouldn’t take this long after EFL approval. And, more to the point, this uncertainty isn’t good for anyone. Must be a pretty confusing time to be a player for us, and I can only imagine how Rooney feels - having to be caretaker manager for such a long time, without knowing whether he’ll get the job full time, or indeed when someone else will take over from him. It’s a right mess. If this keeps dragging on, Mel and the Sheikh need to get on with deciding on a new manager between them, and get it sorted before the takeover. This uncertainty has got to stop. If it’s going to be Rooney, give him the job now, and let him bring his coaching staff in.

1 hour ago, ziggyram59 said:

I'm beginning to believe that Newcastle fan who posted on here about our takeover is right it's not going to happen. 

I didn't want to believe it, but couldn't help think everything he said was eloquently put, I've had this niggling thought since he posted that he was gonna be proven right.....the longer it drags on the niggle is turning into a full on smack in the fizzog 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This is getting ridiculous now. Another few weeks?! What on Earth is taking so long! It shouldn’t take this long after EFL approval. And, more to the point, this uncertainty isn’t good for anyone. Must be a pretty confusing time to be a player for us, and I can only imagine how Rooney feels - having to be caretaker manager for such a long time, without knowing whether he’ll get the job full time, or indeed when someone else will take over from him. It’s a right mess. If this keeps dragging on, Mel and the Sheikh need to get on with deciding on a new manager between them, and get it sorted before the takeover. This uncertainty has got to stop. If it’s going to be Rooney, give him the job now, and let him bring his coaching staff in.

I don't have this many thoughts in one day let alone a little rant on a forum. 

Hope your feeling OK buddy.

I had an offer accepted on a house in December 2019, it completed in late June. There was no chain, no occupant and no complications with the survey.

This is slightly more complicated. 

Now we have turned a corner form wise and a have a better structure (Rooney and Mac rather than rhe Gang of Four) I am more relaxed about the timescale of this. 

What would cause me concern would be going more than a few days into January so we cannot appoint a manager and exploit the transfer window. 

As an aside if Rooney gets us out of the bottom 3 by Xmas, I can see him being appointed for the rest of the season if someone hasn't already been lined up.

5 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

That's fair enough - I hope you're correct on the figures.

If we had to redo our accounts using straight line amortisation, wouldn't that make our current situation better?

The amortisation amounts for the specified years were announced in the original verdict so those figures are correct. As we've historically done most of our business in the summer, and those overall figures are stated in the accounts I shouldn't be too far out.

Rather than using the straight line method, we could use a modified version which takes advantage of contracts extending. 

With the covid situation I'm not 100% sure on how the P&S figures are calculated. It was the average of the two most recent seasons plus the two previous, but that was likely with the view to returning to normal much sooner. If I had to guess though, I would say using the contracts method makes us £10-15m better off regarding the current P&S period.

5 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

My understanding is that the amortisation policy in itself was not found to be in breach of acceptable protocol, just the lack of clarity in announcing the change. The EFL will struggle to overturn the decision made on the 'legality' of the policy, but could well claim a victory through a punishment for the breach of part 5 of that charge. Realistically, it is an administrative breach and should only be dealt with by a small fine.

If that is the case, surely it would be a Pyrrhic victory that does no good what so ever.

Yeah, that's how I see things unfolding.

The EFL have appealed the whole amortisation charge so there is a small chance that could be overturned. But without exceeding the limits, I can't see them justifying anything more than a fine.

With Christmas and New Year coming up I doubt we'll have this concluded until mid January.

1 hour ago, martin said:

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but you'd have to be mental to make any foreign currency exchanges before the Brexit deal is a yay or nay....

Ridiculous statement. Either the pound strengthens or weakens. You’re not actually stating which. So potentially doing nothings costs ? 

Archived