Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Rubbish back. Everyone harps on about luck but are happy to take Pukki slipping over as a few gift but moan like drains when we get a contentious decision against us. It all evens out. Take the rough with the smooth. 

They are not the same bloody thing. A player slipping from a penalty is completely different to a referee being incompetent. Stop being disingenuous. 

Thought we were well worth the 3 points tonight, aside Knockeart we were superior all over the park.

‘Something to build on’ doesn’t quite seem the correct terminology, but a huge step in the right direction for players and management.

Special mention for Buchanan as I thought he was excellent and well worth a motm award 

I say feck them. Let them take a point

More important was the performance. We earned the right to play (blurgh) 

As @Steve How Hard? said, we were there to fight for every second ball. Every crappy bounce and deflection and loose ball we competed for. Our defenders defended first and played second. And Lawrence, Waghorn and Jozwiak were great. 

In truth I thought Derby looked pretty horrible to play against. We got our hands dirty. 

And there were still moments of good stuff when circumstances allowed. 

That's what we needed. Forget the points because if we just build on this the points will come. 

You can fully expect the opposition to have a spell in the game but tonight we reacted to it instead of trying to endure it. 

COYR

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

A rather nice New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc as it happens. But I suspect that was meant as a childish jibe.

I suggest, respectfully, that you watch the Forest goal again. The player clearly isn't in the line of sight. To the ref in our second goal obviously thought that Waghorn was.

That's what the ref would say from your public post-match pillory.

Right or wrong (and I think it's wrong), the decision is made based on the referee's view.

Accusing me of childish jibes after your initial sarcastic post, duck me.

I don’t think the Forest player is in line of sight of the goalkeeper, no. But neither was Waghorn, the replays clearly show that. Both are to one side of the goalkeeper. Total inconsistency.

Just now, Andicis said:

They are not the same bloody thing. A player slipping from a penalty is completely different to a referee being incompetent. Stop being disingenuous. 

We'll get our fair share of dodgy refereeing decisions for us. Unless you think there is a systematic agenda from the EFL to direct all referees to make totally biased decisions against us.

Just now, Grumpy Git said:

What has he said?

Cocu had a bit of a rant about the officials saying Forests goal and our second were identical.

Then they went to the studio and Viv Anderson said something like “can someone tell me what he is actually saying” before going on about Taylor being onside, despite that not being Cocu’s complaint.

His tone of asking someone to tell him what Cocu was actually saying felt a little disrespectful to me. Was patently obvious what Cocu meant.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I say feck them. Let them take a point

More important was the performance. We earned the right to play (blurgh) 

As @Steve How Hard? said, we were there to fight for every second ball. Every crappy bounce and deflection and loose ball we competed for. Our defenders defended first and played second. And Lawrence, Waghorn and Jozwiak were great. 

In truth I thought Derby looked pretty horrible to play against. We got our hands dirty. 

And there were still moments of good stuff when circumstances allowed. 

That's what we needed. Forget the points because if we just build on this the points will come. 

You can fully expect the opposition to have a spell in the game but tonight we reacted to it instead of trying to endure it. 

COYR

Perfect summary Alpha lad.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

We'll get our fair share of dodgy refereeing decisions for us. Unless you think there is a systematic agenda from the EFL to direct all referees to make totally biased decisions against us.

Obviously not, preposterous to even suggest that, but they do not even themselves out. It's not a real thing, it's baalocks. How you can tell us to carry on and not moan a decision like that is beyond me.

Archived