Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There's clearly nobody in an offside position in the line of sight for the Forest goal. Clearly.

It is less clear with our disallowed goal. Waghorn jumps. That's influenced it I'm sure.

What?! What have you been drinking? There’s someone right in front of Marshall?! He’s as much in the line of sight as Waghorn was. Neither really affected the ability to make a save.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Why is VAR not used in championship? The keeper doesn’t hesitate at all from Waghorn watching it back he’s at full stretch going into the corner the shots going, never interference. 

............. and Arter nearly trod on Marshall's toes

From my perspective Rooney doesnt get back in that team

We have to go to a back 4 - especially at home. There will be some games we need a 5-2-3 especially against the top teams away from home. Sibley looked tasty when he came on tonight 

Best XI for me.....

Marshall

Byrne    Davies   Clarke    Buchanan

Shinnie Knight

Lawrence      Sibley   Jowziak

Waghorn

In tough games away from home drop Sibley & bring in Wisdom/Bielik for a back 5

Ibe can come off the bench until he is fully fit

Just watched the disallowed goal again.   Def not offside.  Keeper saw the shot, and line of sight. Typical of our luck.   But let's focus on the pluses.  Every game since Blackburn has seen improvement.   Things are looking up.   Stay positive peeps.  We're getting there.  

Just now, LazloW said:

If we went back to the 'old' interpretation of offside - which I think we should - then both goals would have been disallowed.  All of this 'interfering with play', different phases and the rest of it, brings an unhelpful element of subjectivity into the equation. When I were a lad, it didn't matter where you were standing - if you were offside, you were offside.

I'd like a return to that, because it removes this type of issue.

Interfering with play is also not something a linesman can judge

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's not as clear. It just isn't. 

If Waghorn doesn't jump, that goal gets given, I'm convinced.

Line of site my arse, your spot on if  Waghorn doesn’t jump it stands as he is to the right of the ball. The Forest keeper has clear site of the strike and  is at full stretch (when it went in) and can’t reach the ball. Should’ve stood.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Should’ve been a goal but you can see why from the linesman’s view.

It can't be up to the linesman because he can't see the line of sight which the referee does see. The ref should overrule in this case, knowing Waggy was outside of the near post in terms of Joz shooting inside the far post.

We play like that every game, with incremental improvements, we have nothing to worry about.

Tom Lawrence had a great game. 

We were all reminded that we can’t win with 5 x 19 year olds on the pitch, every game, even if Mel wants us to.

Jozwiak is getting better with every game and will be a good signing. 

Curtis Davies has a presence as captain that this team needs.

Feels like we are individually the most skillful we’ve been in a very long time. Just needs someone to gild it together...

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Marshall - 7.5

Byrne - 7.5

Buchanan - 9 (MOM)

Wisdom - 7

Clarke - 7

Davies - 9

Knight - 7.5

Shinnie - 8.5

Lawrence - 7.5

Joswiak - 8.5

Waghorn - 8.5

Much better all round performance and you can see how our ceiling is so much higher than Forest's. With Bielik, Ibe, Rooney and Duncan still to figure we must keep faith in Cocu. Great to read positive comments on here too.

Bogle and Lowe leave and Byrne and Buchanan take their place. Genius.

So our 2nd goal was disallowed by the linesman .... it has been said by the commentators for Waghorn being in the line of sight of the goalie.... How can the lino see that? he is in line with the side of play  and not in line of Waghorn and the goalie.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's not as clear. It just isn't. 

If Waghorn doesn't jump, that goal gets given, I'm convinced.

I think it would be given if we had VAR but the official has to give it one way or the other. There is no way the linesman can see if Waghorn is in the line of sight and interfering with play. Likewise the Forest goal given the linesman could not know the Forest player was not interfering with play. At the least he could have pulled a defender away from the goal scorer.

17 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Sokay my friend I waited till about 5 before I opened my barrel. Thought there was a delayed reaction, my bad ?‍♂️

Busted. Was watching on a dodgy stream which was at least two mins behind live. I also have comparable reaction speeds to a Mexican tree sloth and that's when sober!

Archived