Nottingham Forest v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

No I’m quite sure everybody was annoyed by it.

But I am just making the point that these things “evening themselves out” over a long period isn’t that much use right now because we lost two huge points tonight. If Cocu loses his job because short term results are poor I am certain he won’t think “ah it’s okay, Derby will be allowed an offside consolation goal later this season in a 3-1 loss at home to Barnsley so everything is even”

Similarly if I put my mortgage on a coin landing on heads and it came out tails, it wouldn’t console me that over the entire history of coins I would’ve been right 50% of the time, when I am on the streets and my girlfriend has left me. 

I don't have the energy to argue about this as it will just open up a can or worms as I said and I don't want to detract from what was a very good performance tonight. And I mean that sentiment with absolute respect.

Just now, Andicis said:

Significantly so. Best performance of the season by a mile, clear improvement in the final third and the midfield looking stronger than it has for the rest of the season.

I would love to think Max Bird will have looked at that and said, 'I'm going to work my socks off and get back in that side.'

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Listen we've had our fair share of "luck" so far when Pukki put his banana skin boots on so let's not dwell on it. 

Slipping while taking a penalty is not the  same as a perfectly good goal Being disallowed to potentially win a match.  Not just a match we need points for, but a Derby v Forest at the sh1tty ground where we statistically do not get 3 pts

33 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Finally, we can put a face to the name of the man who struck fear into the hearts of opposition fans* back in the 70s and 80s.

*allegedly

21 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Scared me 5hitless right now, in 2020!  

16 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

5365D541-E6E5-4BFA-9C90-422E1672320B.jpeg

The mask isn't a recent addition, and is unrelated to Covid.

It covers up the Chelsea Smile he was given by a 14 yr old Headhunter in the late 70's.

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Slipping while taking a penalty is not the  same as a perfectly good goal Being disallowed to potentially win a match.  Not just a match we need points for, but a Derby v Forest at the sh1tty ground where we statistically do not get 3 pts

So you think then that the referee was deliberately biased against us. Tough one to prove. So have to chalk it down to we didn't get the rub of the green tonight. Or luck in other words. 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So who's feeling more upbeat?

I'm hoping some are.

I have belief in Cocu and think he'll have us flying soon but I do understand the frustration of others.

Its so difficult when you are trying to install a system into players who either don't have the ability or struggle to adapt. 

It took Bielsa a year to get the dirties to adapt to his system.

We have some really good players here and its starting to come together.

11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

But that’s the point: will we? It’s easy to do it for the Big Game. That was a very good game by us and Cocu got it right tonight. Now, what about every week? 

Have to say the thought did cross my mind. If they aren't playing for Cocu, they wouldn't dare not show up for the big game as the fans would be irate and turn their anger towards the team more so than they would any other game. 

Really hope that's not the case, and they stick by him to the end of his tenure, but i guess we'll see Tuesday. 

Archived